Cna

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strudel19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently switched from a PA program this summer to regular pre-med. I picked up a CNA license because I was required to for that program, but I'm working a medical scribe job right now.

I hate to see this certification go to waste, especially since I nearly financially crippled my bank account for it. Do you think nursing homes would let me volunteer with it while I work this scribe job? Do you think I should get as much as I feel I can get from scribing and then quit and do CNA work?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently switched from a PA program this summer to regular pre-med. I picked up a CNA license because I was required to for that program, but I'm working a medical scribe job right now.

I hate to see this certification go to waste, especially since I nearly financially crippled my bank account for it. Do you think nursing homes would let me volunteer with it while I work this scribe job? Do you think I should get as much as I feel I can get from scribing and then quit and do CNA work?
Brotha, you are talking crazy right there. For the crap you have to do in a nursing home, I would rather get paid for it. Nursing homes tend to pay pretty good for CNA's 12-14 an hr.

So do you think I should just scribe until I get the most that I feel I can get out of it, maybe get a LOR from a doc and do CNA work? Maybe I can find a contingent job, who knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
So do you think I should just scribe until I get the most that I feel I can get out of it, maybe get a LOR from a doc and do CNA work? Maybe I can find a contingent job, who knows.
What I have heard is scribe jobs pay more and you get the best experience from being one-on-one with doctor. I was thinking of doing CNA too, you know see if I could mixed it with my future EMT cert, but nah. CNA in a hospital is all about wiping booties, changing patients, feeding patient, and other ****.

Being a scribe is a much better pre-med job than being a CNA. If you really want to do both, then maybe look for a part-time CNA job. I wouldn't leave scribe work to do CNA work, though. It may have to be a "sunk cost."