CNCP vs. Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katpharmily

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I get accepted to CNCP and WSU and I am a CA resident. I need some advice to choose between these two schools.....anyone has ideas????
Personally I like WSU over CNCP since the tuition fee is cheaper (~$17,000 from 2nd year vs ~$41,000), however I like the TBL at CNCP. I don't know how WSU teaches the students...like which method since WSU pharmacy program started in 1978....i think its traditional like how you go to any university for undergrad. CNCP is a new private school..."candidate status" for now (I strongly believe CNCP will get the full credit after 1st class graduate).

If anyone has any ideas please give me some advice. Thank you very much!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe CNCP will get full status in a couple of years. So it's sunny CA or rainy WA? Four years will go by very, very fast so location shouldn't be your biggest concern. Weigh in the quality of your education. Which school will prepare you to be the pharmacist that you want to be? I have a couple of friends that attended out-of-state pharm schools and then took the CA state exam when they moved back. They said it was the hardest test ever. I don't doubt Wash State won't prepare you for the boards, but I think CNCP will help you prepare better for it (if you want to practice in CA).

Just an opinion. Go with your intuition. It's really a personal choice.

Just a clarification. It is bitter cold in Pullman during the winter months. Summer time it's fantastic with rolling Palouse hills.