CO and Venous Return

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allerian1004

Practicing Vampire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where can I find practice problems solving for CO and Venous Return? I have the BRS Phys but would love more practice with these types of scenarios.

Members don't see this ad.

Guyton and Hall has a review book that has tons of questions dealing with CV and venous return, but it'll cost ya a good chunk of money. BRS physio also has a problem workset book you can buy to accompany it.

Where can I find practice problems solving for CO and Venous Return? I have the BRS Phys but would love more practice with these types of scenarios.

Costanzo, the same who wrote the BRS, also wrote a book of physiology cases, where these issues were discussed in a question answer format. I never studied a single note or book during phys, just Costanzo, did well in house, but I rocked the shelf.

I don't know if the book is stil in print, but I'm sure you can still find one kicking around in one of the online used book places.

The BRS Costanzo and the Cases and Clinical Problems books aren't super rigorous. Try the Guyton review book, as well as the Pretest Physio book.