COCA grants pre-accreditation to 2 new schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
COCA & AOA do not answer to medical students, physicians, and even professors. They wouldn't budge on removing cranial and sacral therapy from our curriculum for goodness sakes....

Members don't see this ad.

COCA & AOA do not answer to medical students, physicians, and even professors. They wouldn't budge on removing cranial and sacral therapy from our curriculum for goodness sakes....
although I agree with you on issues regarding COCA and whatnot, as time goes on I am starting to feel like these matters are minor compared to the challenges the entire physician profession is facing going forward. I feel that Obamacare, midlevel encroachment, corporate medicine, etc are much more serious and will have a far greater impact on our careers and future practicing than COCA, COMLEX, OMM, etc...

although I agree with you on issues regarding COCA and whatnot, as time goes on I am starting to feel like these matters are minor compared to the challenges the entire physician profession is facing going forward. I feel that Obamacare, midlevel encroachment, corporate medicine, etc are much more serious and will have a far greater impact on our careers and future practicing than COCA, COMLEX, OMM, etc...

I thinking even though there is very high likelyhood the next President will be Republican, that the Affordable Care Act will not be repealed, whether its Trump or Carson, its unlikely to be repealed because the Republicans had a lot of input in it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thinking even though there is very high likelyhood the next President will be Republican, that the Affordable Care Act will not be repealed, whether its Trump or Carson, its unlikely to be repealed because the Republicans had a lot of input in it.

There is almost no chance of a GOP president. Carson has been essentially side stepped, Trump is the frontrunner right now and he's a joke. I mean, can you actually imagine the disgrace of having a Trump presidency?

There is almost no chance of a GOP president. Carson has been essentially side stepped, Trump is the frontrunner right now and he's a joke. I mean, can you actually imagine the disgrace of having a Trump presidency?

And the disgrace of Obama? I mean you have Russia right now fighting and destroying ISIS, Obama has been eerily silent because he has been engaging ISIS for over a year with no results while Putin has them running for the hills within a matter of days.

Some people were comparing Obama to Jimmy Carter, but now many say he is worse than Jimmy Carter.

The GOP has a great chance of winning due to a long string of failures and disappointments on the part of Obama. Ferguson? Baltimore? High African American unemployment? Minority voter turnout is going to be low in 2016.

Hilary or Bernie Sanders?? No chance.

Trump is doing well because people are angry with career politicians.

Last edited:
And the disgrace of Obama? I mean you have Russia right now fighting and destroying ISIS, Obama has been eerily silent because he has been engaging ISIS for over a year with no results while Putin has them running for the hills within a matter of days.

Some people were comparing Obama to Jimmy Carter, but now many say he is worse than Jimmy Carter.

The GOP has a great chance of winning due to a long string of failures and disappointments on the part of Obama. Ferguson? Baltimore? High African American unemployment? Minority voter turnout is going to be low in 2016.

Hilary or Bernie Sanders?? No chance.

Trump is doing well because people are angry with career politicians.

Honestly, he's been an overall alright president. And Putin is pushing them back because he's essentially carpet bombing half the nation. The US was using strategic attacks to avoid unnecessary deaths.

Also Trump has basically been booed at by like enormous groups within the GOP. GOP women, the Evangelical Right, and the we love Bush group are on his ass hard.
Carson won't win ever.

Honestly, he's been an overall alright president. And Putin is pushing them back because he's essentially carpet bombing half the nation. The US was using strategic attacks to avoid unnecessary deaths.

Also Trump has basically been booed at by like enormous groups within the GOP. GOP women, the Evangelical Right, and the we love Bush group are on his ass hard.
Carson won't win ever.

Well to me seeing Putin take a lead in the Middle East like that is telling me things, that the US is losing its influence, but I already suspected that, anyway I think I might move back to Japan when I am older, but that won't be for another 30 or so years, by then China will be the top dog.

It was interesting watching the Ferguson protesters berate Obama, they clearly put a vote of no confidence on him, and minority voter turnout will be very low next year which will be good for the Republicans.

Well to me seeing Putin take a lead in the Middle East like that is telling me things, that the US is losing its influence, but I already suspected that, anyway I think I might move back to Japan when I am older, but that won't be for another 30 or so years, by then China will be the top dog.

It was interesting watching the Ferguson protesters berate Obama, they clearly put a vote of no confidence on him, and minority voter turnout will be very low next year which will be good for the Republicans.

China has a tendency of imploding almost constantly once they reach a certain phase. Sure, there's no mandate of heaven, but the same will occur regardless.

Putin's taking a lead on the Middle East is because Syria is one of his strongest allies and his warm water port. It'd be like China invading Japan, America would be demolishing China. Syria is almost meaningless to the US.

Except that's the thing, even with all of that the Republican nominee will almost certainly be a weaker one than the democratic one. In the end it's almost impossible that a Republican president will ever rise again.

China has a tendency of imploding almost constantly once they reach a certain phase. Sure, there's no mandate of heaven, but the same will occur regardless.

Putin's taking a lead on the Middle East is because Syria is one of his strongest allies and his warm water port. It'd be like China invading Japan, America would be demolishing China. Syria is almost meaningless to the US.

Except that's the thing, even with all of that the Republican nominee will almost certainly be a weaker one than the democratic one. In the end it's almost impossible that a Republican president will ever rise again.

China is not imploding, its slowing down a bit, but its long term prospects are very strong, its economy is actually a bit bigger than ours right now. Syria is not meaningless to the US at all and neither is Iraq, its certainly not in America's best interests to allow ISIS to grow as it has been in those two countries.

China will never be invading Japan, not even in 30 years.

China is not imploding, its slowing down a bit, but its long term prospects are very strong, its economy is actually a bit bigger than ours right now. Syria is not meaningless to the US at all and neither is Iraq, its certainly not in America's best interests to allow ISIS to grow as it has been in those two countries.

China will never be invading Japan, not even in 30 years.

China will implode as it has almost 25 times repeatedly in history. It's not a question of if, but rather when. Syria is meaningless to the US. It's a foreign land that was headed by an enemy leader, the US let the nation be extremely weakened to the point that it no longer has any power in the region and is as such a huge hit to Iranian politics and in many ways a boon to Israel and Saudi Arabia who will now see stifled and weakened ****e and Iranian backed groups like Hamas and the Nusrala front.

And obviously they wouldn't invade Japan. Why would they? For your trees? It was an example.

China will implode as it has almost 25 times repeatedly in history. It's not a question of if, but rather when. Syria is meaningless to the US. It's a foreign land that was headed by an enemy leader, the US let the nation be extremely weakened to the point that it no longer has any power in the region and is as such a huge hit to Iranian politics and in many ways a boon to Israel and Saudi Arabia who will now see stifled and weakened ****e and Iranian backed groups like Hamas and the Nusrala front.

And obviously they wouldn't invade Japan. Why would they? For your trees? It was an example.

China will implode but not in this century, it has also become too intertwined to America for it just to disappear. America is going to become a very different country from what it was in the 20th Century, I think that is why Trump has gained many supporters, he represents a more traditional America. Nobody has advantages over the other really right now, its a pretty unstable world right now.

The late 20th Century was a better time to be alive than today for sure, things around the world are very unstable at the moment.

Last edited:
China will implode but not in this century, it has also become too intertwined to America for it just to disappear. America is going to become a very different country from what it was in the 20th Century, I think that is why Trump has gained many supporters, he represents a more traditional America. Nobody has advantages over the other really right now, its a pretty unstable world right now.

The late 20th Century was a better time to be alive than today for sure, things around the world are very unstable at the moment.

Yes, less unions, less regulations, enormous emphasis on a finance market, and income inequality rising.

And Trump has gained a lot of supporters because he has vocalized hatred of everything.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, less unions, less regulations, enormous emphasis on a finance market, and income inequality rising.

And Trump has gained a lot of supporters because he has vocalized hatred of everything.
Many, many voters are simply sick of "politics as usual" and this is the largest reason for Trump's (and Carson's) support.

Many, many voters are simply sick of "politics as usual" and this is the largest reason for Trump's (and Carson's) support.

On one hand Obama is destroying America with his changes and etc, on the other hand they're tired of politics as usual.

COCA Pre-Accredidation --> Foreign policy with respect to China and Syria

I don't think I would have ever been able to make that connection on my own, thanks SDN!

Reactions: 2 users
Alliant or Argosy can be loosely called universities. CUSOM has a 3rd rate, but albeit active in the community university. UIW will be similar.

While Campbell as an undergrad institution is definitely not top-tier, the law school has overall been ranked better than Duke and UNC for the past 20 years in terms of bar passage rate, etc. The pharmacy school is very well-regarded, also. Since we are discussing med school, the quality of Campbell's previous professional schools weighs more in my mind than the overall quality of the undergrad program. Just a thought.

While Campbell as an undergrad institution is definitely not top-tier, the law school has overall been ranked better than Duke and UNC for the past 20 years in terms of bar passage rate, etc. The pharmacy school is very well-regarded, also. Since we are discussing med school, the quality of Campbell's previous professional schools weighs more in my mind than the overall quality of the undergrad program. Just a thought.

I almost mixed up Campbell with Liberty, but looking at it closer, it seems like a decent school, albeit on the conservative side though, but their DO program seems to be well run.

China will implode because of their abundance of sexually frustrated young men who have no means to exercise basic human rights.

@Dustbowl12

My understanding was the MD and DO school expansion is due to the need, intense shortage and maldistribution of physicians in the US. Once we have enough schools and physicians the expansion will stop.

If that is the case, then they are going about it the wrong way. There were always IMGs that filled in the gap. The only difference now is that MDs and DOs will be filling that gap instead. It won't change the shortage or the maldistribution.

The new schools are creating residency positions, BCOM has created over a 100 already, CUSOM has also created tens of positions.

This is a smart move amongst the school that have opened more recently. However, there are schools like KYCOM or LMU that are mainly preceptor based. This doesn't help students get ready for residency.

Why is everyone forgetting the physician shortage/maldistribution crisis we have?

How is the merger solving this? Inadequate DO residencies are shutting down (rightfully so) and thus decreasing the amount of doctors coming out (even though residencies are being created slowly year by year).

The merger has been and will be huge for DOs in terms of parity.

It will become a huge plus in the working world and I think fellowship. However, DO students pay the price trying to get into residency.

Too much doomsday, freaking out here guys.

Yep, your right. The amount of DOs matching into ACGME residencies have been increasing so it is not all gloom and doom.

Please contact COCA, AOA, etc. directly and talk it out if you truly care

People have done this in the past, and their cries not heeded.

Really good points. I would say it's better to have US MD and DO take over the IMGs in the US by expanding and increasing medicine here. Stronger faculty and clinical sites.

New loans also forgive your debt if you agree to practice is underserved areas, this will further alleviate the maldistrubution.

In my estimation, the new schools will stop happening by 2020.

The shortage needs will have been met.

I was thinking about this the other day. It's much easier to start up a DO school/branch, especially if it's from an already existing school. A huge school like Auburn or even NMSU could have easily gone the MD route, it would have just taken longer to get everything rolling. COCA gives these BS standards to stay in the money game, while the joint operations make premeds salivate with the "connections".

I'm a little late to the party, but the reason BCOM is set up as an affiliation is that New Mexico desperately wants and needs a new medical school, but the state is broke and can't afford to open a second one. So, as the next best thing, they're getting involved with and supporting the new private school through affiliation with one of their state schools.