Coffee Talk: Psychology's Favorite Legal Addictive Stimulant

myelin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2008
Status
Psychology Student
*MOD NOTE: I split this out, as you'll find that coffee plays an important role in grad school, and deserves its own thread. :D -t*

the picture says it all....and yes a linear relationship exists: with more ph.d. exposure, the addiction gets worse haha
Do you have a fav. drink @ the 'bucks? I really like their cinnamon dolce lattes. Recently I've switched to drip coffee at home since the latte wasn't strong enough for that :eek: factor and I didn't feel like paying extra for a double shot.

Sarahanne

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
Do you have a fav. drink @ the 'bucks? I really like their cinnamon dolce lattes. Recently I've switched to drip coffee at home since the latte wasn't strong enough for that :eek: factor and I didn't feel like paying extra for a double shot.
Haha, ok so I will reveal my seriously messed up love of Starbucks. It all started with the caramel frappuchino. I don't like coffee actually, the taste of it doesn't appeal to me. But then I tried this sweet drink that tasted yummy, over powers the coffee taste, yet still gives you the caffeine kick and then I was hooked. Then I moved on to an iced white chocolate mocha...and I order it in a seriously long and complicated way. But I just found my little niche in the "Addicted to Starbucks" group on facebook...and I thought my order was long! At least I don't specify the number of ice cubes....Anyway, those two are my top faves.

For those of you who want to save money at starbucks. One venti equals three talls. So order the venti, and then ask for a tall cup. And just pour and add ice until it fills the top and it lasts for 3 days! (only works for cold drinks) Its awesome!

Ollie123

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
I may have to try that Sarah.

Though I will call it a large instead of Venti. I believe their renaming of sizes to be a stupid marketing ploy, and refuse to follow it;)

PsychappA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Psychology
For those of you who want to save money at starbucks. One venti equals three talls. So order the venti, and then ask for a tall cup. And just pour and add ice until it fills the top and it lasts for 3 days! (only works for cold drinks) Its awesome!
I'm a big fan of ordering a "Grande iced coffee in a venti cup with extra ice" because they generally end up giving you the same amount as they would had you just ordered a venti, but you pay less. Good for a nice big caffine kick.

THEN, you could get a refill for a couple cents & take that home & save for later. :D

I'm SUCH an addict. It's a sickness.

KillerDiller

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2007
Status
Post Doc
The regional differences that come up are so interesting. Here in new england Starbucks is dwarfed by far by Dunkin Donuts. The nearest Starbucks to my apartment is a 15-20 minute drive. Meanwhile, there are seven Dunkin Donuts within easy walking distance.

Sarahanne

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
I'm a big fan of ordering a "Grande iced coffee in a venti cup with extra ice" because they generally end up giving you the same amount as they would had you just ordered a venti, but you pay less. Good for a nice big caffine kick.

THEN, you could get a refill for a couple cents & take that home & save for later. :D

I'm SUCH an addict. It's a sickness.
Do you think they give refills on iced white chocolate mochas and caramel frappuchinos for a few extra cents? ;)

BTW Ollie, when you order the Venti, well the large cup size, ask for absolutely no ice in it! They seriously fill up half the cup with ice. So you pay $5 for half a cup of ice.....let me know how it works out ;)

PsychappA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Psychology
The regional differences that come up are so interesting. Here in new england Starbucks is dwarfed by far by Dunkin Donuts. The nearest Starbucks to my apartment is a 15-20 minute drive. Meanwhile, there are seven Dunkin Donuts within easy walking distance.
I've found that Massachusettes and New Jersey especially tend to be big "Dunk" states. I lived with a friend briefly in NJ and she told me that in her county they actually were not allowed to build any more new Dunkin Donuts because there were already too densely populated with them.

I, however, grew up in a Suburbia town in MD where there is an Sbucks at every shopping center and have been drinking it religiously since high school. I think by this time I probably could have financed a college education on the $ I've spent at Starbucks. :eek:

Sarahanne

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
I've found that Massachusettes and New Jersey especially tend to be big "Dunk" states. I lived with a friend briefly in NJ and she told me that in her county they actually were not allowed to build any more new Dunkin Donuts because there were already too densely populated with them.

I, however, grew up in a Suburbia town in MD where there is an Sbucks at every shopping center and have been drinking it religiously since high school. I think by this time I probably could have financed a college education on the $ I've spent at Starbucks. :eek:
I'm living in Baltimore now, after moving into my apartment complex I checked to find the nearest Starbucks and there is one in every single direction (left, right, or straight) and a total of 6 within .5mi. How did this happen?? :laugh:

dontknowitall

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2008
New York, NY
Status
Psychology Student
I believe their renaming of sizes to be a stupid marketing ploy, and refuse to follow it;)
Agreed, plus I can't really seem to keep track of which is which because I don't do starbucks that much (mostly just the fake starbucks inside the hospital I work in -- they don't even serve any iced anything of any size!)

As for avatar and name . . . well Don't know it all just seemed appropriate because as much as I pretend to know everything I really don't know it all. And then how perfectly the eye of HAL 9000, the super computer from 2001: A Space Odyssey fit with the name! "No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error." Just like psychologists, right????:D

Psyched77

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
Psychology Student
I'm a Starbucks fanatic too. I was hooked to the "Iced Venti White Mocha with Hazelnut" for years, but I've recently been hooked on the "Iced Venti Carmel Macchiato." Yummmm. I go to a lot of the little drive-thru Java Huts too. There's one near me that orders a special bean that isn't brewed "sour" the way a normal coffee bean is. Smoooooth. Anyway...I'm completely addicted, but the weird thing is (according to my husband, it's weird...) that I can drink a double shot & then go to sleep like nothing. I think I've drank too much & damaged my neuro-receptors or something! :laugh:

GiantSteps

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status
Why the fascination with Starbucks? Once one discovers the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf there is no turning back! Although, they are many on the West coast. Of course the California atmosphere may have a lot do do with it.

http://coffeebean.com/location.aspx

Therapist4Chnge

Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
The Beach
Status
Psychologist
I have cut down on my coffee intake over the years. I was up to 3-4 large coffee-esque drinks per day (Caps, Red Eyes, and Blacks). My favorite is/was a dark roast I found through Gevalia....it is my official All-Nighter brew, and I make it extra strong. It's been awhile since I've had it though....as I don't do all-nighters anymore. :D

Cosmo75

Post-Doctoral Fellow
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2008
Chicago
Status
Post Doc
My name is Cosmo and I have a problem....

I've also cut back from daily, usually >1 per day. My poison is grande vanilla soy latte. I've gone "sugar free" on the syrup lately. You know, to be healthy. :D

JockNerd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
Just throwing this in... when my brother's wife was writing her polisci thesis, she drank 16 pots of coffee to stay awake for three days.

Yes, pots.

Ollie123

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
Actually, in the spectrum of what people consume these days, plain coffee is healthier than most.

Very low on calories, antioxidants, etc. Just need to watch the BP from the caffeine, and make sure you're not replacing water with coffee or you'll get a kidney stone the size of a soccer ball.

Therapist4Chnge

Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
The Beach
Status
Psychologist
Just throwing this in... when my brother's wife was writing her polisci thesis, she drank 16 pots of coffee to stay awake for three days.
Wow.....I think my max was 4 (of my dark roast above) in about 12 hours. It was the tail end of a 3 day marathon to make a deadline. In retrospect it really wasn't the healthiest thing to do, but it was definitely an experience.

psychwanabe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
I am definitely a Starbucks person. Grande non-fat sugar-free vanilla latte is my main drink of choice although the pumpkin spice latte is the treat after a long, hard week. I am really missing a "normal" college campus with Starbucks' all around. My UG had one smack in the middle of campus and one just off campus so no matter where you were, Starbucks was a 5 minute walk away. My grad school campus doesn't have one on or near. :mad: This makes me very frustrated when I'm cold/tired/needing a boost or a treat. There's a coffee shop on the other side of campus (the psych buildings are on one side of campus and everything else is on the other side), but it's just not the same and it takes too long to get there and back when I have work to do.

As for the people drinking pots of coffee to stay awake: how do you stand it? I get the jitters and my stomach starts to hurt after my 3rd cup. I just can't do it.

Therapist4Chnge

Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
The Beach
Status
Psychologist
Tolerance....for better or worse you get it. The cracked out feeling at the end is both the combination of sleep deprivation and withdrawal.

Btw....people can feel free to share their favorite brands and accessories, as I'm always looking for the next good drink.

Cosmo75

Post-Doctoral Fellow
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2008
Chicago
Status
Post Doc
Btw....people can feel free to share their favorite brands and accessories, as I'm always looking for the next good drink.
Not to sound blasphemous, but lately I've been hitting Dunkin' Donuts for their basic coffee, easy cream and sugar. For home brew, I like Jittery Joe's and Illy.

My excuse for my habit is there's a starbucks across the street from my school, and on my walk to practicum there's a starbucks, dunkin donuts and lavazza within a 1 block radius of each other.

JackD

-
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2007
-
Status
Attending Physician
Coffee, Psychology's Favorite Legal Addictive Stimulant
Hey, i only drink coffee everyday because i can't stand the withdrawl symptoms; that doesn't mean i am addicted though. I would call it being a "casual user".

The rest of you have problems, i am fine.

EquestriAnn

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Psychology
+1 coffee addict

I won't drink anything that has more than just "coffee" in the name. None of that fancy stuff for me, just drip coffee, a splash of milk and sugar, and I'm set! Well until that wears off and I need another... :p

Therapist4Chnge

Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
The Beach
Status
Psychologist
Hey, i only drink coffee everyday because i can't stand the withdrawl symptoms; that doesn't mean i am addicted though. I would call it being a "casual user".

The rest of you have problems, i am fine.

:laugh:

That'd be Caffeine Dependance, no?

I went through withdrawals when I tried to kick it cold turkey in the middle of my 80+ hour weeks at work....I was miserable and ultimately stepped down to soda and tapered from there.

Psychstuca

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2008
Status
Psychology Student
"people can feel free to share their favorite brands and accessories, as I'm always looking for the next good drink."

Caramel Macchiato Grande. It makes me happy, seriously. Who'd resist happiness, even transient, at this price :) At those rare occasions when I remember that my body needs more calcium, I order grande caramel latte (I hate drinking milk by itself). Before I used to go crazy from Mocha and Mocha Frappuchino, but it is too sweet for me now, so maybe my body is self-regulating, what a self-soothing thought :oops:

Also, my BF makes great coffee with the french press every morning, he uses Garuda blend made by Peet's coffee. I love it.

BTW, I always white-envied people who can be up all night on a pot of coffee. No matter how much coffee I drink at night, my left brain is dead until morning, even though my heart might be pounding like crazy. It has been this way since my teens. Probably my brain gets especially resilient to coffee stimulants at night. So Psyched77, we both might have unique body systems that worth researching or something like that :laugh:

RayneeDeigh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
I would just like to announce that today I realized I have not had water in over a week. Yes folks, my diet now consists only of iced coffee and cherry coke.

The scary thing is, I'm not even kidding. I go weeks without drinking water and I barely notice it.

schoolpsych

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2008
Status
Psychology Student
I grew up in NJ and there was a Dunkin' Donuts a minute from my house. I love their iced caramel latte lite. Delicious!!
I never really had any Starbucks until I went to college in NYC and there was one on campus.

paramour

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2007
Status
Blech. Am I the only one who does not drink coffee?

Ollie123

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
I would just like to announce that today I realized I have not had water in over a week. Yes folks, my diet now consists only of iced coffee and cherry coke.

The scary thing is, I'm not even kidding. I go weeks without drinking water and I barely notice it.
As a fairly recently reformed camel, I strongly urge you not to do this. And to get a KUB at the first sign of flank pain.

2 surgeries to remove kidney stones in the span of a month and then passing a third the morning of my grad school interview here made for one of those "teachable moments" about water consumption.:laugh:

pinknyyy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
Status
Psychology Student
Omgggg... without coffee I do not exist. I swear!

But in my experience SBucks overroasts their coffee and usually DD or a local shop is really the best way to go. Also, the cheapest by FAR!

psychanon

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Status
Psychology Student
Haha, ok so I will reveal my seriously messed up love of Starbucks. It all started with the caramel frappuchino. I don't like coffee actually, the taste of it doesn't appeal to me. But then I tried this sweet drink that tasted yummy, over powers the coffee taste, yet still gives you the caffeine kick and then I was hooked. Then I moved on to an iced white chocolate mocha...and I order it in a seriously long and complicated way. But I just found my little niche in the "Addicted to Starbucks" group on facebook...and I thought my order was long! At least I don't specify the number of ice cubes....Anyway, those two are my top faves.
I don't like coffee either (not at all :hungover:), and I'm totally addicted to Starbucks. Mostly for the work environment- I find that the combination of caffeine, ambient music, and lack of internet is so conducive to productivity. And I feel like I'm doing something fun when I go there for 6 hours, rather than working. I'm always on the lookout for good caffeinated alternatives to coffee--does this white chocolate thing taste like chocolate/ have caffeine? I'm a grande chai no water girl (the no water makes it richer, more delicious, and probably even more caloric). Around Christmastime I get the eggnog chai, and around Thanksgiving I get pumpkin-- neither are typically on the menu but they'll make it for you if you ask.

JackD

-
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2007
-
Status
Attending Physician
To prove just how much of a nerd i am these days, i actually came up with a little hypothesis about how i got hooked on caffeine and to really drive the nerd point home, i thought of this long before this thread ever existed. I know why i am still on it, since as stated, stopping right now would cause my head to explode but that isn't the issue.

Naturally i am fairly extroverted. Now there is that theory out there, the so called "optimal level of arousal" that attempts to explain the cause of introversion-extroversion. I figure that the caffeine is an easy way to boost my CNS activity and therefore get me to that optimal level. Otherwise i have to actually work for it.

Do i recognize that explanation is most likely bull crap? Absolutely but it is a good way for me not to have to deal with the possibility that i just don't get enough sleep. And really, my entire social life is based on me not getting sleep.

Whatever the case may be, i never feel better than when i have that caffeine coursing through my veins. :thumbup:

MaddieMay

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2008
Status
Psychology Student
I love how coffee tastes, smells, and even looks, but it gives me such bad stomachaches and nausea I can't even drink 2 ounces of coffee mixed with 6 ounces of milk. I have tried to drink Pepto first, Tums, no luck.

Anyone have any idea how I can drink a little coffee when I need to without the stomachache?

PsyTiger

10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2008
San Francisco
Status
Pre-Psychology
I have found that since having Peet's, Starbucks just isn't strong enough for me anymore - I have to ask for an extra shot or extra foam in my latte just so it doesn't taste milk-ed down.
And is there anything better than a hot peppermint mocha on a cold winter day? Mmmmmm!

EquestriAnn

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Psychology
I love how coffee tastes, smells, and even looks, but it gives me such bad stomachaches and nausea I can't even drink 2 ounces of coffee mixed with 6 ounces of milk. I have tried to drink Pepto first, Tums, no luck.

Anyone have any idea how I can drink a little coffee when I need to without the stomachache?
Do you ever drink it on an empty stomach? Having food in your stomach is key, coffee is very acidic and hard on the digestive system but if you eat before/with it you should be ok. If you've tried that, then it must be something else :p

Markp

Clinical Psychologist
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2007
Status
Psychologist
I'm such the outsider.... I don't drink coffee and I'm a double coffee minority being active duty military and a graduate student, you would think coffee was required to maintain basal functioning.

Mark

RayneeDeigh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
Coffee also has an enzyme in it that stimulates intestinal contractions which is why people with IBS/chrone's/colitis aren't supposed to drink it.

There's my random factoid of the day, haha.

GiantSteps

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status
Blech. Am I the only one who does not drink coffee?
I am with paramour. I do not drink coffee. On a rare occasional I have a frozen coffee drink. However, the last time I did that I was bouncing off teh walls because I am not used to so much caffeine! Tea is a much more sophisticated drink (remember in Britain they invented tea time not coffee time). Besides, why should so many people support a bunch of Columbian warlords?

GiantSteps

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status

Raynster,

If you will not let me use the word "discharge" then you are not allowed to discuss this repulsive liquid part of your diet! Pink clothes, iced coffee, cherry coke, and no plain water! :barf:

Sarahanne

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
I don't like coffee either (not at all :hungover:), and I'm totally addicted to Starbucks. Mostly for the work environment- I find that the combination of caffeine, ambient music, and lack of internet is so conducive to productivity. And I feel like I'm doing something fun when I go there for 6 hours, rather than working. I'm always on the lookout for good caffeinated alternatives to coffee--does this white chocolate thing taste like chocolate/ have caffeine? I'm a grande chai no water girl (the no water makes it richer, more delicious, and probably even more caloric). Around Christmastime I get the eggnog chai, and around Thanksgiving I get pumpkin-- neither are typically on the menu but they'll make it for you if you ask.
Awesome! A fellow froo froo coffee drinker! I've been told I'm a wuss coffee drinker because I like it sweet. To me it tastes like white chocolate. I personally order it with skim milk not to reduce calories (who wants to be healthy?) but because I don't like the thickness of 2% or whole milk. However, if you use 2% milk its usually sweeter than with nonfat.....but I add extra white chocolate in to counterbalance it.

Best part is it does have caffeine! If you want double the caffeine, order a grande (which will give you a double shot of espresso) and add two extra pumps of white chocolate. Seriously, I feel the same way. I find after 6 hours, the chairs aren't quite as comfortable as when I first sat down, but the atmosphere is fun and yet productive plus several starbucks stores typically offer free wifi now....a grad student's heaven

BTW on the Pumpkin spice and gingerbread.....even though it is seasonal towards the end of the season you can buy a whole bottle of syrup, though they don't advertise it, and that way you have it throughout the year.

Sarahanne

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
Coffee also has an enzyme in it that stimulates intestinal contractions which is why people with IBS/chrone's/colitis aren't supposed to drink it.

Nice! I've got one too.

Espresso has less caffeine than coffee. :eek:

I had falsely assumed that the more bitter it tastes, the more caffeine it has. Guess I was wrong....

PsychappA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Psychology
To prove just how much of a nerd i am these days, i actually came up with a little hypothesis about how i got hooked on caffeine and to really drive the nerd point home, i thought of this long before this thread ever existed.
I've come up with my own theory, too! Besides being a product of my environment (mom & dad heavy coffee drinkers, Sbucks on every corner, Sbucks being a high school hang out, etc, etc), I also have come up with a theory about the biological/neurological reasons behind my excessive coffee use. 1) ADHD runs rampant in my family and I am the only person i my family without the diagnosis and not on stimulant medication. However, I think I may have a touch of the inattentiveness (forgetfulness, disorganization, generally being scatterbrained), thus I use caffine to self-medicate. 2) I am chronically anemic and have been since I was in middle school. I think I substitute caffine for iron to keep me going.

I think we think too much... :D

PsychappA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Psychology

Oh, and P.S. I have Crohn's & it didn't slow my addiction a bit.... mind-numbing intestinal cramps and all.

I'm telling you... it's a sickness...

KillerDiller

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2007
Status
Post Doc
Tea is a much more sophisticated drink (remember in Britain they invented tea time not coffee time). Besides, why should so many people support a bunch of Columbian warlords?
True, but the coffee break was invented in America by a psychologist who was on the payroll of the Pan American Coffee Bureau. By not drinking coffee, you are not being true to your field.

Also, fair trade coffee is a wonderful thing.

psybee

Psychology Grad Student!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
in the sheltering embrace of steel and concrete
www.hobo.com
Status
Psychology Student
i remember being a little, little girl and sneaking into the kitchen when my mom was napping and dad was at work and making myself coffee. i must have been 5 or so. i had watched my mom make coffee, so i knew you filled the paper filter with coffee, a scoop for each cup, and the pot with water and poured the water into the back of the machine, but what i didn't realize was that i was using INSTANT coffee, we kept our "real" coffee on the freezer. SO SO WIRED! i actually loved how it tasted, and that intense coffee flavor is sort of my iconic taste i look for in all new cups.

i work at a coffee shop as one of my current 3 jobs, and while i am amazingly excited to quit them all for school, i will miss the unlimited free fair trade coffee. no extra charge for soy when you work at the joint! i've already scoped out my school nabe, and have seen a few coffee houses that could become "my" coffee shop. we'll see.

Sarahanne

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
True, but the coffee break was invented in America by a psychologist who was on the payroll of the Pan American Coffee Bureau. By not drinking coffee, you are not being true to your field.

Also, fair trade coffee is a wonderful thing.

:lol: Amen!

psybee

Psychology Grad Student!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
www.hobo.com
Status
Psychology Student
Nice! I've got one too.

I had falsely assumed that the more bitter it tastes, the more caffeine it has. Guess I was wrong....

in general, the darker the roast, the less caffeine it has, to go along with what you said. we used to offer an extra shot of white coffee. ground like espresso, it was un roasted, so super cafffinated. it tasted AWFUL but it could blend alongside real espresso in a fancy drink. you'd be climbing the walls. our diehards liked it for a few weeks -- til the panic attacks set in!

psybee

Psychology Grad Student!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
www.hobo.com
Status
Psychology Student
Raynster,

If you will not let me use the word "discharge" then you are not allowed to discuss this repulsive liquid part of your diet! Pink clothes, iced coffee, cherry coke, and no plain water! :barf:

i do that too! i don't know, it just doesn't appeal to me, and i don't get thirsty for water specifically (iced coffe or latte on the other hand...)

my friends grandpa used to say "why would i drink water? have you seen what it does to pipes?? of course he drank gin instead.

Sarahanne

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
in general, the darker the roast, the less caffeine it has, to go along with what you said. we used to offer an extra shot of white coffee. ground like espresso, it was un roasted, so super cafffinated. it tasted AWFUL but it could blend alongside real espresso in a fancy drink. you'd be climbing the walls. our diehards liked it for a few weeks -- til the panic attacks set in!

You captured my attention with the magic pill that is "super cafffinated"...is this white coffee available in starbucks? It sounds like a godsend for next year and I have to test it out while I don't need to concentrate.....

MaddieMay

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2008
Status
Psychology Student
Nice! I've got one too.

Espresso has less caffeine than drip coffee per serving, but if you fill up a coffee cup with espresso vs. a cup of drip, whoa baby! :)

psychwanabe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2007
Status
Psychology Student
i do that too! i don't know, it just doesn't appeal to me, and i don't get thirsty for water specifically (iced coffe or latte on the other hand...)

my friends grandpa used to say "why would i drink water? have you seen what it does to pipes?? of course he drank gin instead.
:laugh:

...possibly the drink of choice for graduate students.