College after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TACMON

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone find it difficult to continue working hard in college after getting accepted to med school?
Personally for me it has been challenging, just wondering how it has been for others.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone find it difficult to continue working hard in college after getting accepted to med school?
Personally for me it has been challenging, just wondering how it has been for others.

Personally, I've been working hard for all of college and nothing has changed for me after multiple acceptances. This work ethic has been instilled in me over 3+ years of college and won't go away in 1 day b/c of a med school acceptance. Maybe I'm just a workaholic...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Totally. I got my first acceptance on Friday, and since then I have not even looked at the material for my final tomorrow. And this is material that I haven't been to lecture for... so I think it suffices to say I'm screwed

Definitely. My patience for a lot of the BS that comes with undergrad is absolutely zero now.

Definitely. My patience for a lot of the BS that comes with undergrad is absolutely zero now.

+1

i remember "studying" for finals last week with little interest knowing full well the same old tricks teachers use would be there, and lo and behold they were.

I'm shooting for a scholarship. That's keeping me motivated.

Think of it this way:

Say some horrible scenario happens where you have to withdraw your acceptances due to some unforeseen circumstances and re-apply later. Do you want bad grades on your senior transcript?

Back to studying, all of you! :prof:

That's true - though lets hope that doesn't happen to anyone!

Anyways, I think more than anything the acceptance has just dialed down my stress levels. I still do my work, just with a more easy-going approach which makes it seem not as bad. I'd still care about a C, but I'm not so worried about a couple of A- slipping in there :)

yes, and I have to do 20 hours (graduate) to finish next semester.

That's true - though lets hope that doesn't happen to anyone!

Anyways, I think more than anything the acceptance has just dialed down my stress levels. I still do my work, just with a more easy-going approach which makes it seem not as bad. I'd still care about a C, but I'm not so worried about a couple of A- slipping in there :)

I'd be content with some B+'s haha