College classes taken during high school years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benjjang751

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to take two semesters of English in community college during my senior year in high school.
When I first started the classes, I was informed that I can choose to use that credit or I can disregard it if I want to. And, I did not like my grades, so I did not even transfer them. But, I was wondering if I have to report that in the medical school application. Also, I was wondering if I need to factor those credits in when I am calculating my GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you MUST report them in your AMCAS app and yes they will affect your GPA which med schools will see.

This is often the case that you get wrong information. Your ugrad gpa is not affected but med schools want everything.

I went to take two semesters of English in community college during my senior year in high school.
When I first started the classes, I was informed that I can choose to use that credit or I can disregard it if I want to. And, I did not like my grades, so I did not even transfer them. But, I was wondering if I have to report that in the medical school application. Also, I was wondering if I need to factor those credits in when I am calculating my GPA.

Unfortunately yes you do have to report those on AMCAS, and yes they will be factored into your GPA. AMCAS is pretty clear that all college courses ever attended have to be listed.

Members don't see this ad :)
law2doc is too right.... :( I'd love to argue with him though: so ignore your CC grades

you have to factor them in, but adcomms will see that they were from highschool even though they contribute to your overall GPA.

I had this problem as well. I was in high school taking a few classes like this and because of family problems had to start working full time in high school. Anyway, I actually got an F in two of them and I still had to report them in TMDSAS. At my interview the situation and reasons for the grades were addressed and they didn't make it into a big deal at all. Still stinks for the GPA though

I took a pre-calc class at a community college in 11th grade (due to school timing conflicts)... but I continued it and finished BC Calc as a senior in high school.

I'm assuming I won't have to report this. I got an A.. but why go through all the effort?