1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

College Courses in HS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by cavalier329, Jun 17, 2008.

1. cavalier329

Pre-Medical
    I took 2 semesters of spanish while in HS. The class itself was in my HS but the grade was through SUNY Albany. I have a transcript there with just those two grades (both A-). Do these grades get added into my cGPA on AMCAS? My current university gave me credit, but didnt add the grades into my GPA.

Also, just to clarify, AP grades dont count, correct? I don't know why they would but just want to make sure.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Caesar

Caesar In Memory of Riley Jane
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    SUNY Albany: You should send AMCAS your transcript from here and they will apply the grades to your AMCAS GPA.

AP: AP credits count if they appear on any of your college transcripts. Some schools, however, will not accept them as Pre-Reqs, but a majority do.

4. cavalier329

Pre-Medical
    my school takes the credit. I guess my question is: does the grade you received go into your AMCAS GPA?

No AP grades show up, but I do have credit for AP Stat

5. LucidSplash

LucidSplash Wire Jockey Trainee
    Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    See page 68 of the 2009 AMCAS instruction booklet: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/amcas2009instructionmanual060408.pdf

Grades for classes taken in high school are included in your GPA. AP credit is NOT included in the AMCAS GPA; instead it is reported to schools listed as "supplementary hours" (page 8).

6. cavalier329

Pre-Medical