College Courses in HS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

cavalier329

I took 2 semesters of spanish while in HS. The class itself was in my HS but the grade was through SUNY Albany. I have a transcript there with just those two grades (both A-). Do these grades get added into my cGPA on AMCAS? My current university gave me credit, but didnt add the grades into my GPA.

Also, just to clarify, AP grades dont count, correct? I don't know why they would but just want to make sure.

Members don't see this ad.

I took 2 semesters of spanish while in HS. The class itself was in my HS but the grade was through SUNY Albany. I have a transcript there with just those two grades (both A-). Do these grades get added into my cGPA on AMCAS? My current university gave me credit, but didnt add the grades into my GPA.

Also, just to clarify, AP grades dont count, correct? I don't know why they would but just want to make sure.

SUNY Albany: You should send AMCAS your transcript from here and they will apply the grades to your AMCAS GPA.

AP: AP credits count if they appear on any of your college transcripts. Some schools, however, will not accept them as Pre-Reqs, but a majority do.

my school takes the credit. I guess my question is: does the grade you received go into your AMCAS GPA?

No AP grades show up, but I do have credit for AP Stat

Members don't see this ad :)
my school takes the credit. I guess my question is: does the grade you received go into your AMCAS GPA?

No AP grades show up, but I do have credit for AP Stat

See page 68 of the 2009 AMCAS instruction booklet: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/amcas2009instructionmanual060408.pdf

Grades for classes taken in high school are included in your GPA. AP credit is NOT included in the AMCAS GPA; instead it is reported to schools listed as "supplementary hours" (page 8).