College of Pharmacy Roseman University class of 2021 (Entering 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How are you guys thinking of preparing for P1 year?
Finishing up my pre-reqs then I'm going to try to get some pharm tech. experience next spring

Members don't see this ad.

Finishing up my pre-reqs then I'm going to try to get some pharm tech. experience next spring
Nice! I’m thinking doing the same thing but I don’t have pharm tech license

What prereqs you got left?
That’ll get you at least 4-6 months of pharmacy work before school. I’ve heard that it helps you retain drug information better since you’re dealing with it often.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a writing segment. It should have said so in the email you received. ^^
Do you have any specific questions? :)

Also, thank you! Congrats on getting an interview! :joyful:

Thank you for your reply. What type of questions did they ask in interview? How was the essay?

Last edited:
There is a writing segment. It should have said so in the email you received. ^^
Do you have any specific questions? :)

Also, thank you! Congrats on getting an interview! :joyful:

Thank you for your reply. What type of questions did they ask in interview? How was the essay?

Last edited:
What prereqs you got left?
That’ll get you at least 4-6 months of pharmacy work before school. I’ve heard that it helps you retain drug information better since you’re dealing with it often.
I got OChem and anatomy left, I'm taking them this semester. And yeah I'm looking into the pharmacy tech positions, going to try to get a license when I can.

How are you guys thinking of preparing for P1 year?
I still have one light semester of prerequisites left. I do tutoring and that keeps my basic science skills sharp. I just bought the top 300 drugs flash cards for naplex preparation practice. I want to master all these drugs and their mechanisms before i start pharmacy school. I'm going to study up on biochemistry and pharmacy law. It would be nice if we got a group together to meet up and study every once in awhile. I have 3 friends taking their interview on Nov. 7th if they get accepted I can see a pre-Roseman study club forming. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Interviews give goosebumps
You will be fine jamesharper, everyone you meet will be nervous so know that you are not alone. Just do your best at the interview and the best is all you can do.

The essay is a short one. I can’t think of a way to prepare for that as the prompts vary.
You should definitely read interview feedback on SDN for Roseman; it has all the interview questions they’ve ever asked students. Although, questions will likely differ depending on what you tell the interviewers. Two questions with the highest probability of being asked are “Why pharmacy” and “Why Roseman”.

I still have one light semester of prerequisites left. I do tutoring and that keeps my basic science skills sharp. I just bought the top 300 drugs flash cards for naplex preparation practice. I want to master all these drugs and their mechanisms before i start pharmacy school. I'm going to study up on biochemistry and pharmacy law. It would be nice if we got a group together to meet up and study every once in awhile. I have 3 friends taking their interview on Nov. 7th if they get accepted I can see a pre-Roseman study club forming. :)
Hey those are great ideas. I’d definitely be down for that. I’m thinking of making my own flash cards, lol. I’ve asked my mentor what I should do, asked friends, and searched online, it seems like reviewing biochemistry will be most helpful. What I hear the most is enjoy before you start school lol.
I’d become way too lazy if I did only that. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got OChem and anatomy left, I'm taking them this semester. And yeah I'm looking into the pharmacy tech positions, going to try to get a license when I can.
1500-1600 hours of pharm tech training is no joke lol.

Hey guys,
My name is Khoa Nguyen and I am currently a P2 Roseman Student. I created the thread last year for class of 2020 and I am glad that some of you take initiative to create a new thread for 2021. I want to offer my help to all of you new applicants regarding the program, studying, working, residency and living. I am currently a volunteer for the interviewing committee so feel free to ask questions in this thread of message me. I also looking for MBA roommate that want to get a room in May of 2018. Feel free to reach out to me and have a nice day

Reactions: 4 users
Hey rxsugoi, do you have any classes to take?

Hey rxsugoi, do you have any classes to take?
I’m done with the prereqs :joyful: So I’m just working now
If anyone needs help with the prereq material, hit me up, I’ll do my best

Hey guys,
My name is Khoa Nguyen and I am currently a P2 Roseman Student. I created the thread last year for class of 2020 and I am glad that some of you take initiative to create a new thread for 2021. I want to offer my help to all of you new applicants regarding the program, studying, working, residency and living. I am currently a volunteer for the interviewing committee so feel free to ask questions in this thread of message me. I also looking for MBA roommate that want to get a room in May of 2018. Feel free to reach out to me and have a nice day
Hello, Khoa,
Thank you for reaching out and being so friendly and willing to help to us incoming students. I was wondering, what is the best method, in your opinion, to study while in school (concept maps, Cornell notes, etc.)? Is working and going to school doable, or on the rather difficult side?
In preparing for school, what do you highly recommend we review from our undergrad/prerequisites in order to maximize our learning and efficiency for the first year?

Thanks for your time!

I'm down

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to anyone that have interview today!

I’ll be at the Henderson Campus for the interview session. Hopefully to calm some of your nerves. Relax and enjoy the experience

I'm hoping my friends get accepted after their interview they had. I'm almost as nervous as them waiting for the decision. :whistle:

I'm hoping my friends get accepted after their interview they had. I'm almost as nervous as them waiting for the decision. :whistle:
Do you guys know how much people got in from the Early Decision?

good luck to everyone who interviewed!

Do you guys know how much people got in from the Early Decision?
I don't know but it had to be a higher rate then the norm since it was ED. Anyone who is invited this year should feel a little more safe.

Hey all, I have an interview on Jan 18th. Can somebody explain about the assessment test they have on interview day? Thanks!

Hey all, I have an interview on Jan 18th. Can somebody explain about the assessment test they have on interview day? Thanks!
Very easy, short MP and simply essay question. No need to stress about it!

Wishing my future classmates and any onlookers a happy holiday. :)

Yes l was accepted Wednesday
be patient, it takes two weeks to a month for them to accept. As of now, it is holiday season and Dr. Park has kids so she might be busy planning thank giving and Christmas.

Hey all, I have an interview on Jan 18th. Can somebody explain about the assessment test they have on interview day? Thanks![/QUOTH
Hey, You dont have to stress about it. It is designed to assess your ability to read and write in short amount of time.

Good job on preparing your study ahead of time. Law is your first block so focus on those first. I would recommend focus on the federal pharmacy law then state law of your school state (eg. Nevada, Utah). Another thing is that you will be doing IPPE after the first two months so look over OTC product in your grocery store (cough,fever,headache, flu shot, constipation, diarrhea) medications and try to learn some counseling points (Side effect, drug-drug interaction, food-drug interaction, and when to contact doctor). Hope it help.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello all! I got accepted last 11/16. I had my interview 11/7. I am so excited!

I was accepted to the Henderson campus. I interviewed at south Jordan and received a call from them too with an acceptance. What do you like most about the Henderson campus?

I have an interview on Jan 18th at the Utah Campus