College of Pharmacy Roseman University class of 2021 (Entering 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks so much for all the info you’re greatly appreciated! I have decided to go with Roseman as today I found out I didn’t get into to my top choice, but I am still excited! However this will be my first time living on my own. I am planning on living by myself the first year/semester and hopefully roommate after that. What do you suggest? And recommendations on places to live? TIA also do you know when they will make the fb page ?
Hi PharmDwt82, I would recommend to find a roommate in school especially P1. School can be very stressful and having a someone around to cheer you up and help you to study would be extremely helpful. I currently live with a P1 and a P3 and I help them study sometime and it has been a positive result in their test. In addition, Utah's weather is very unpredictable and it can be very dangerous to drive around and sometime your car might break down so having a person who can either carpool with you and rescue you during accident, it can be very helpful.
As for location to live, you can chose whatever you like, the price varies from place to place. I currently live in South Jordan StoneBridge Apartment, you can afford a 3 bedrooms townhouse for a very affordable price ($1349). I would recommend you to ask your landlord how do they take care of the street during snow season because it can be very helpful in deciding where to live. There will be snow day and it will be hard to drive in the parking lot with icy road.
As for the FB i can ask the current P1 liason to see when will they have the facebook group up.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I interviewed at Roseman Henderson Campus on February 13 2018 and I was wondering if anyone can let me know if they got accepted. I have been looking at my phone 24/7 and it is killing me! I believe Dr. Park mentioned acceptance/waitlist/rejection emails will be sent out beginning of March but from the comments I have been reading, I believe the deposit to save your seat is due March 1st? So I am guessing they will be sending emails soon, unless our deposit is scheduled for later.

Roseman is my top choice and I do not think I did well during the interview--I went to a lot of interviews but because Roseman is my top choice, I went through a nervous breakdown during the interview and did not answer the questions clearly :( Please let me know if you interviewed that day or anytime in February!

you should apply. To be honest, I got in with a 3.1 GPA and no experience in pharmacy. However, I know I am a hardworking person and I will do anything to make pharmacy worth it. You just have to be sure pharmacy is your calling and you need to understand this is a 3 year, accelerated program and not your regular 4 years conventional pharmacy programs. Before I actually decide for pharmacy, I took a 5 units summer microbiology class that is 6 weeks long. It was extremely fast paced and quiz everyday and test everyweek. I did well on it and I felt that is one of the reason why I chose a 3 years program instead of 4 years. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try it out yourself to see if you can handle it. I have a friend who quit half of the semester because he cant handle the pace of the program. It is every two block with a lot of information that push to you and expect you to do well (90%) during an exam. On top of it, you have math calculation test, top 200 test, and rotation mixed in between, so you need to be on top of your game at all time. With that being said, you will have people who go through the same situation who are more than willing to help you out. In addition, you still have time to prepare for the P1 year with top 200, chemistry and biology review. Best of luck
Thank you for all this wonderful information!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I interviewed at Roseman Henderson Campus on February 13 2018 and I was wondering if anyone can let me know if they got accepted. I have been looking at my phone 24/7 and it is killing me! I believe Dr. Park mentioned acceptance/waitlist/rejection emails will be sent out beginning of March but from the comments I have been reading, I believe the deposit to save your seat is due March 1st? So I am guessing they will be sending emails soon, unless our deposit is scheduled for later.

Roseman is my top choice and I do not think I did well during the interview--I went to a lot of interviews but because Roseman is my top choice, I went through a nervous breakdown during the interview and did not answer the questions clearly :( Please let me know if you interviewed that day or anytime in February!
It seems depending on the date you interviewed on will determine when your deadline for the deposit will be, if you are accepted of course. I was in your shoes when I was waiting for that call as well, trust me. I know it is easier said then done but it's best if you can find a way to just forget about it and relax. Keep your hopes up! Don't worry about how you think you did, I was tough on myself as well and I'm sure many others have done the same.

Thanks so much for all the info you’re greatly appreciated! I have decided to go with Roseman as today I found out I didn’t get into to my top choice, but I am still excited! However this will be my first time living on my own. I am planning on living by myself the first year/semester and hopefully roommate after that. What do you suggest? And recommendations on places to live? TIA also do you know when they will make the fb page ?

There are apartments near the school where some students end up renting. It's a matter of convenience, some people live farther away because rent is more affordable.

Getting roommate(s) really depends on you. you do save some money, but can you live with total stranger(s)? Some people get roommates in hopes they have a live-in study buddy, but it doesn't work like that; study habits could be different. some people lock themselves in their bedrooms immediately getting home from school, while others spend their whole time in the school library, and some take a more chill approach and have friends over/party. Also, some people are slobs, (despite saying they aren't)...more so when tests/studying take priority over doing dishes/housework. If you take a roommate be sure to screen, to make sure they are compatible/ok with your living style/habits/culture.

There are apartments near the school where some students end up renting. It's a matter of convenience, some people live farther away because rent is more affordable.

Getting roommate(s) really depends on you. you do save some money, but can you live with total stranger(s)? Some people get roommates in hopes they have a live-in study buddy, but it doesn't work like that; study habits could be different. some people lock themselves in their bedrooms immediately getting home from school, while others spend their whole time in the school library, and some take a more chill approach and have friends over/party. Also, some people are slobs, (despite saying they aren't)...more so when tests/studying take priority over doing dishes/housework. If you take a roommate be sure to screen, to make sure they are compatible/ok with your living style/habits/culture.
Hey there! I totally agree, that’s why I had the idea I’d be on my own the first year and hoping to meet someone I can live with the next year. The thought of being on my own is just a little scary as i will be moving out of state and living on my own for the first time however I’m looking forward to it! Thanks for the insight.

It seems depending on the date you interviewed on will determine when your deadline for the deposit will be, if you are accepted of course. I was in your shoes when I was waiting for that call as well, trust me. I know it is easier said then done but it's best if you can find a way to just forget about it and relax. Keep your hopes up! Don't worry about how you think you did, I was tough on myself as well and I'm sure many others have done the same.
Thanks for the feedback. I did keep myself busy so far. Hopefully I will get accepted but if I do not, it is what it is. Just praying for the best.

Thanks for the feedback. I did keep myself busy so far. Hopefully I will get accepted but if I do not, it is what it is. Just praying for the best.

Hey man. I am in the same boat as you. Been waiting and waiting after my interview. I was supposed to hear something last Friday but then they postponed until tomorrow. Praying for the best. Good luck to you man!

Hey man. I am in the same boat as you. Been waiting and waiting after my interview. I was supposed to hear something last Friday but then they postponed until tomorrow. Praying for the best. Good luck to you man!
Thank You, wishing you the best of luck as well. Can I ask what day you interviewed and how long you have been waiting?

Accepted to SJ campus!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who previously got accepted!

I have interview on March 22nd at South Jordan Campus :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me their thoughts on this school?

Has anyone who interviewed March 5 heard a reply yet?
Still waiting!! I fell completely in love with Roseman while I was there but I'm worried I choked too hard since it was my first pharmacy school interview. Good luck!

Hey all, do we have a Facebook page for Nevada and Utah to help find roommates?

Hey! Best wishes to you all with your pharmacy endeavors. I'm currently a P1 and I just wanted to post up here to advertise a room I will be renting out soon for any of those that will be looking for an apartment this upcoming fall.
It is a 3 bed/2.5 bath townhouse in Murray, UT. It is a 10-15 mins drive from campus. We have a garage and reserved parking spots available. Rent is $450/month + utilities. If you're interested/want more details, please just message me!

Hey there! I totally agree, that’s why I had the idea I’d be on my own the first year and hoping to meet someone I can live with the next year. The thought of being on my own is just a little scary as i will be moving out of state and living on my own for the first time however I’m looking forward to it! Thanks for the insight.
Hi PharmDwt82, i think the benefit of having a roommate, especially with 2 or more are much better than living by yourself. The reason why I said so is because it will be snowing in Utah during winter and your car could get stuck in the snow or it might break down due to whatever reason. If you have a roommate who is also a P1, you can always ask for a carpool to drive ESPECIALLY on FRIDAY which is test day. You do not want to miss a test on Friday due to some stupid reason as arriving late. Second reason I would get a roommate because if you plan to be involve in school as participating in organizations and events, you will need someone to remind you about those events and roommates are your best source of reminder. I would have missed a lot of events if there weren't for my roommates. In addition, some testes are harder than other so you sometime will need support of roommate to help you study for remediation.
With all that being said, it is up to you to chose how to live. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi PharmDwt82, i think the benefit of having a roommate, especially with 2 or more are much better than living by yourself. The reason why I said so is because it will be snowing in Utah during winter and your car could get stuck in the snow or it might break down due to whatever reason. If you have a roommate who is also a P1, you can always ask for a carpool to drive ESPECIALLY on FRIDAY which is test day. You do not want to miss a test on Friday due to some stupid reason as arriving late. Second reason I would get a roommate because if you plan to be involve in school as participating in organizations and events, you will need someone to remind you about those events and roommates are your best source of reminder. I would have missed a lot of events if there weren't for my roommates. In addition, some testes are harder than other so you sometime will need support of roommate to help you study for remediation.
With all that being said, it is up to you to chose how to live. Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks for all of the info i really appreciate it!! Do you know when the process of financial aid begins? I have already done my FASFA and completed the required loan trainings/promissory notes. I am waiting for the financial aid of office to contact me but have not received any emails from them. I've already started my account on CORE ELMS getting my immunizations and what not. Am I worrying too soon?

Thanks for all of the info i really appreciate it!! Do you know when the process of financial aid begins? I have already done my FASFA and completed the required loan trainings/promissory notes. I am waiting for the financial aid of office to contact me but have not received any emails from them. I've already started my account on CORE ELMS getting my immunizations and what not. Am I worrying too soon?
Now I dont feel so bad, I thought I was the only one worried about financial aid not calling me or getting my shots and everything else worked out.

I was invited to interview April 9, Henderson Campus and only put that as my preference when I submitted the application. With that being said, my interview is ONLY for WAITLIST position, assuming it's because it late in the cycle. How often do people get taken off the waitlist?

ahh same! Most things we can’t even start till July and that freaks me out haha I like to plan way ahead
Now I dont feel so bad, I thought I was the only one worried about financial aid not calling me or getting my shots and everything else worked out.

ahh same! Most things we can’t even start till July and that freaks me out haha I like to plan way ahead

I am the same, just get things done before its due. I'll have to look for apartments in coming months so have a busy schedule ahead of me.

I am the same, just get things done before its due. I'll have to look for apartments in coming months so have a busy schedule ahead of me.
Same here! I think I will fly out there in June or July to visit some apartments I have lined up, are you attending Utah or navada campus?

I was invited to interview April 9, Henderson Campus and only put that as my preference when I submitted the application. With that being said, my interview is ONLY for WAITLIST position, assuming it's because it late in the cycle. How often do people get taken off the waitlist?
i have heard of people getting accepted the day before orientation, there could be a chance of even being accepted the day-of orientation...i think it's a 2 day event ending with white coat ceremony

Same here! I think I will fly out there in June or July to visit some apartments I have lined up, are you attending Utah or navada campus?
I am attending NV Campus, I am planning on going out there sometimes in May to look. I'm doing dual PharmD/MBA

I am attending NV Campus, I am planning on going out there sometimes in May to look. I'm doing dual PharmD/MBA
Oh wow I really thought about doing the dual program too, but it scared me. Do you start the MBA portion during the summer?

What apartments are near the South Jordan campus?

Congrats to everyone who already got accepted! My last name is at the beginning of the alphabet if that helps. If it makes anyone who hasn't got a call today feel better, i got a question wrong on that little quiz. I'm still waiting for a few classmates to get a call back.
Hi. Congrats on your acceptance!! You mentioned about a quiz for which you got one answer wrong. Was there a quiz during interview?

What apartments are near the South Jordan campus?
Dear xyxyx, i currently live in a 3 bedrooms townhouse at STONE BRIDGE APT with the current rent of 1349 per month before utilities. There are 4 people in my house now and each of us pay about $50 for utilities. There are other more luxurious apartments which can go up to 1800 for a 2-3 bedrooms but they have garage and they clean the street more often during snow seasons.

Dear pharmDwt82, you dont have to worry so much as the financial aid office is working their best to get you in. Once you get the seat, everything else will be ok. You can prepare by doing CORE stuff but dont overworry because it is still very early. You can start apartment hunting and finding potential roommate if you like or study top 200 to prepare for P1 year. Let me know if you need anything else

Hey! Best wishes to you all with your pharmacy endeavors. I'm currently a P1 and I just wanted to post up here to advertise a room I will be renting out soon for any of those that will be looking for an apartment this upcoming fall.
It is a 3 bed/2.5 bath townhouse in Murray, UT. It is a 10-15 mins drive from campus. We have a garage and reserved parking spots available. Rent is $450/month + utilities. If you're interested/want more details, please just message me!
Do you still have a room available for rent?

Hi MrMoustache! How's your interview on the 9th?

Anyone interviewing late April?

Hi MrMoustache! How's your interview on the 9th?

Anyone interviewing late April?
Are you referring to the Henderson interview or South Jordan interview? Overall, the interview was great! Faculty and students are friendly and welcoming. I was told this interview was the last interview but the next interview and last one will be at South Jordan.

Are you referring to the Henderson interview or South Jordan interview? Overall, the interview was great! Faculty and students are friendly and welcoming. I was told this interview was the last interview but the next interview and last one will be at South Jordan.

Yes, I was referring to Henderson Interview Day. I know there is one or two more for South Jordan.
When do you think they get back to applicants after the interview?