College of Pharmacy Roseman University class of 2021 (Entering 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed at south jordan campus on march 22nd and still havent heard back. Getting little impatient now.
Has anyone interviewed same date or around that time heard back yet.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who interviewed April 9 heard a reply yet?

Not going to hear back for a while only because that interview day was for waitlist only spots. I was told we will hear about our waitlist ranking sometime in July. It would be a different story if we were interviewing for an actual seat but this is for waitlist spots. I was also told that there has been some movement already, meaning some people dropped and gave up their seats but those seats are already being filled by students because they over accepted people knowing that this would happen so those students would have first priority over the waitlist students.

Not going to hear back for a while only because that interview day was for waitlist only spots. I was told we will hear about our waitlist ranking sometime in July. It would be a different story if we were interviewing for an actual seat but this is for waitlist spots. I was also told that there has been some movement already, meaning some people dropped and gave up their seats but those seats are already being filled by students because they over accepted people knowing that this would happen so those students would have first priority over the waitlist students.

Hi
thanks for your reply. Which dates were for waitlist interview? Did they say that to you whhen u went to the interview?

appreciate your help

Members don't see this ad :)
Makes sense. Thank you for the info MrMoustache! Hope it works well for us

I heard there was an interview for South Jordan campus on April 22. Did anyone attend that interview, if so did you hear back?

I heard there was an interview for South Jordan campus on April 22. Did anyone attend that interview, if so did you hear back?

Hey,

I interviewed south jordan on March 22. I emailed dr grant and admissions for any updates about decision, on april 11 but they said they still reviewing and will decide in couple of weeks. So not sure when im gonna hear back. Anyone who heard back , please let us know here.

Good luck to all.

Anyone got any news from march 22 interview? getting really impatient now...

I am on the same boat medchem1! I called the other day and they said they are going through the admissions committee still and looking through students that interviewed etc. What I don't get is that Roseman is the only school that takes this long for a response. All other schools that I interviewed at sent emails and decisions within 2 weeks.

I am on the same boat medchem1! I called the other day and they said they are going through the admissions committee still and looking through students that interviewed etc. What I don't get is that Roseman is the only school that takes this long for a response. All other schools that I interviewed at sent emails and decisions within 2 weeks.

o really.?! I was told 2-3 weeks as well but still nothing. Is this your first preference school? hopefully fingers crossed this week we hear something.

Good Luck.

Hi all,
I'm an incoming P1 student. I will be leasing an apartment with 2bedrooms/2bathrooms. If any girls out there is still looking for a roommate/ interested in sharing an apartment please let me know. Thanks for reading! x

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,
My name is Jennifer and I am currently a pharmacist in Utah. I graduated from Roseman as well. I’m currently renting a brand new apartment 2 bedrooms/2baths and looking to rent out a room. I can do month to month, 3 months or longer depends on your preference. You will have your own restroom. It is located in Sandy. It is about 5-10 mins from Roseman school. The rent is $675 included utilities. The room is furnished so you don’t need to buy yourself a bed. Laundry is inside the unit. Plenty of parking spaces. There is a gym and swimming pool. Email me if you are interested. I will provide more information. Than you. Text me 7149024664. [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm an incoming P1 student. I will be leasing an apartment with 2bedrooms/2bathrooms. If any girls out there is still looking for a roommate/ interested in sharing an apartment please let me know. Thanks for reading! x
I will be a P1 next year. How much for rent and utilities?

Hello everyone,
My name is Jennifer and I am currently a pharmacist in Utah. I graduated from Roseman as well. I’m currently renting a brand new apartment 2 bedrooms/2baths and looking to rent out a room. You will have your own restroom. It is located in Sandy. It is about 5-10 mins from school. The rent is $575 without furnished ($625 if furnished). Utilities will be split in half. Email me if you are interested. I will provide more information. Than you. Text me 7149024664
I am interested. Are you still looking for a roommate?

Hey! Best wishes to you all with your pharmacy endeavors. I'm currently a P1 and I just wanted to post up here to advertise a room I will be renting out soon for any of those that will be looking for an apartment this upcoming fall.
It is a 3 bed/2.5 bath townhouse in Murray, UT. It is a 10-15 mins drive from campus. We have a garage and reserved parking spots available. Rent is $450/month + utilities. If you're interested/want more details, please just message me!
Hello I am interested.

Hello everyone

I will be starting pharmacy school at Roseman (Henderson) in August and there are a few questions that I would be grateful if someone could answer for me:
1) With the assessments being every 2 weeks on Friday, how many total assessments are there in a semester? Also do those 2 weeks constitute a block, with each block being a separate subject with a separate grade?
2) What materials do you have available to adequately prepare for the assessments? Is it all note/power point based or do you have to purchase books? Also, in case it is power points, how long are they on average, 100 or 200 slides?
3) The assessments, in your opinion would you say are fair and also anything you can tell me about their format (number of choices, total number of questions)?
4) Would you say that it is possible to work at least part-time while attending school at Roseman, I know it is an accelerated 3 year program, but I would like feedback from anybody who was able to pull that off?

Thank you all in advance for any information you can provide and I look forward to meeting you in August!

Hello everyone

I will be starting pharmacy school at Roseman (Henderson) in August and there are a few questions that I would be grateful if someone could answer for me:
1) With the assessments being every 2 weeks on Friday, how many total assessments are there in a semester? Also do those 2 weeks constitute a block, with each block being a separate subject with a separate grade?
2) What materials do you have available to adequately prepare for the assessments? Is it all note/power point based or do you have to purchase books? Also, in case it is power points, how long are they on average, 100 or 200 slides?
3) The assessments, in your opinion would you say are fair and also anything you can tell me about their format (number of choices, total number of questions)?
4) Would you say that it is possible to work at least part-time while attending school at Roseman, I know it is an accelerated 3 year program, but I would like feedback from anybody who was able to pull that off?

Thank you all in advance for any information you can provide and I look forward to meeting you in August!

Hey,

Congratulations on your acceptance. I just finished up the P1 year and can help you out with some of your questions:

1. There are 15 assessments but that can vary based on the schedule the faculty has in mind. And keep in mind this doesn’t include Top 200 exams, Pharmacy Calculations, and Self Care exams. Each block DOES NOT necessarily consist of a singular subject. Depending on the depth of a certain course, a 2 week block may consist of 1 subject, but that isn’t always the case.

2. Slides are the only material you’ll need in order to pass assessments. No books. Slides vary in size. Some of the heavier blocks can have you reading 200 slides per day but the norm is a little under 100 slides per day.

3. Assessments are fair. The professors are not out to trick you. There have been times where the way a question is worded confused me, but if you know the material you’ll pass the test. MOST questions are multiple choice sprinkled with some Choose all that Apply.

4. It’s possible to work part-time but I encourage everyone to hold off from work until after the 6th assessment. This is not an easy program and you’ll need all the time in the world to not only learn the material, but also learn how to study the material. I didn’t work this year. But a lot of my friends did.

Hope this helps!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey,

Congratulations on your acceptance. I just finished up the P1 year and can help you out with some of your questions:

1. There are 15 assessments but that can vary based on the schedule the faculty has in mind. And keep in mind this doesn’t include Top 200 exams, Pharmacy Calculations, and Self Care exams. Each block DOES NOT necessarily consist of a singular subject. Depending on the depth of a certain course, a 2 week block may consist of 1 subject, but that isn’t always the case.

2. Slides are the only material you’ll need in order to pass assessments. No books. Slides vary in size. Some of the heavier blocks can have you reading 200 slides per day but the norm is a little under 100 slides per day.

3. Assessments are fair. The professors are not out to trick you. There have been times where the way a question is worded confused me, but if you know the material you’ll pass the test. MOST questions are multiple choice sprinkled with some Choose all that Apply.

4. It’s possible to work part-time but I encourage everyone to hold off from work until after the 6th assessment. This is not an easy program and you’ll need all the time in the world to not only learn the material, but also learn how to study the material. I didn’t work this year. But a lot of my friends did.

Hope this helps!!
Hey,

Hope this helps!!

Thank you so very much for your reply. It all makes sense now and I have a good idea of what to expect. Appreciate the info and good luck in P2!

Any apartment recommendations for Henderson Campus?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
I’m an incoming P1 student and am renting an en suite in a newly rennovated townhouse near the Henderson campus! If any girls are interested let me know!

Hi all! I'm not a pharmacy student, but am a Roseman Orthodontic resident in Henderson, NV and am looking for a roommate. Roseman University doesn't have a page to post looking for roommates so this is the best I could find! If you're interested in a roommate, I currently live in a 2 br/2ba close to school and looking for a roommate. I've been here for the last year but my roommate moved this month so now its vacant. Please let me know if you're interested! (Sorry for spamming this page)

Hi all,

I am an orthodontics resident at Roseman in Henderson, NV. Looking for 2 roommates to join me in a house that is a 3 min drive to Roseman. Rent is $650 w/ utilities.

Thanks for looking! Congrats to everyone on their acceptance.

I am interested. Are you still looking for a roommate?
Yes it is still available because I am still looking for a suitable roommate. Sorry I rarely come here to check message. You can always text me and I can respond faster that way. Thanks

You are the bravest bunch of candidates for pharmacy ever. The pharmacist job market is much worse than when I applied to Roseman a few years ago. Nearly 15000 new pharmacy grads nationwide are popping out as of 2018 and only 1700 new pharmacist jobs are appearing per year according to the government. Pharmacist salary offerings are declining and if you are one of the few fortunate candidates that happens to know someone that can ensure that you get a job somewhere expect to start out at somewhere between $70K to $90K. A massive supply of new pharmacy grads and very few existing jobs means that future salaries will continue to decline. Good luck.