• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University (DMU-CPMS) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

About the Ads

texasblade98

Sep 20, 2020
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Has anyone done the group interview? What kind of questions do they ask? Is it challenging?
I think it is just the Kira assessment, which is not that bad. You have to attend a student panel and faculty panel that lasts maybe 2 hours total. Basically it's an open forum that you and the other applicants (maybe 2-3 others) can ask current students and faculty any question you want. Nobody is asking you any questions. Dress professionally though. It is not stressful but can be awkward at times to come up with questions for an hour straight lol. I received my acceptance letter within a week of completion of the group panel and Kira assessment. Good luck and don't stress too much!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

texasblade98

Sep 20, 2020
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Does anyone know how much merit scholarship dmu awards?
Website says "Renewable scholarships ranging from $2,500to $7,500. Awarded to entering first-year students based on outstanding academic performance prior to matriculation into the College and continued demonstration of academic excellence."

I was awarded 5k and will continue if I remain in the top 25% of my class.

Upvote 0

nemourspremed

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
Website says "Renewable scholarships ranging from $2,500to $7,500. Awarded to entering first-year students based on outstanding academic performance prior to matriculation into the College and continued demonstration of academic excellence."

I was awarded 5k and will continue if I remain in the top 25% of my class.

hey, what were your stats if you dont mind me asking.

Upvote 0
About the Ads

texasblade98

Sep 20, 2020
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Idk I got offered a $15,000 Scholarship to Barry if I maintain a 3.5 gpa and idk what to do

The scholarship is always nice. I have not heard the best about Barry here on SDN or from my mentors, but honestly its probably just talk. You will be a DPM no matter which school you go to if you work hard. I'd say just go where you think you will be happiest!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Nebgirl0929

Sep 22, 2020
The scholarship is always nice. I have not heard the best about Barry here on SDN or from my mentors, but honestly its probably just talk. You will be a DPM no matter which school you go to if you work hard. I'd say just go where you think you will be happiest!
I think des moines is my best option! if anyone else decides on DMU let’s get in contact!

Upvote 0
About the Ads
About the Ads

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2016
Tarsal Tunnel
  1. Resident [Any Field]
@awkotaco asked the following ques, if anyone knows the answer; help them out, thanks.

"Hi everyone! I got an invitation to complete the Kira assessment for DMU's podiatry program. If any of yall completed it this year and have any advice please send them my way"

Upvote 0

MidnightSpart3n

Jun 11, 2020
  1. Pre-Podiatry
I think the Kira assessment was probably the most awkward thing that I did during this interview cycle. It feels like you're talking to yourself and it's hard to end the train of thought naturally so I ended up just trailing. My advice would be is do the practice videos a few times where your comfortable with the pace and everything else

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

awkotaco

2+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2016
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I think the Kira assessment was probably the most awkward thing that I did during this interview cycle. It feels like you're talking to yourself and it's hard to end the train of thought naturally so I ended up just trailing. My advice would be is do the practice videos a few times where your comfortable with the pace and everything else
Thanks! and practice videos? They have practice videos available?

Upvote 0

Nebgirl0929

Sep 22, 2020
Accepted 2 weeks ago with a 5K renewable scholarship.
PM me for more information.
Received my acceptance yesterday! WOOHOO!
When should I expect my financial package to arrive, AKA when will i know how much in scholarships I received? or does DMU not give out scholarships?
yay! hi future classmates!!!!

Upvote 0
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.