College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University (DMU-CPMS) Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Weirdy

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Received email for the portal. My application is processed and will go under review.

Reactions: 2 users
Completed my Kira Talent Interview and will be attending the virtual meeting tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to DMU-CPMS
Congratulations, I also applied on August 17. What was your timeline of everything from setting up your account through DMU, received your invitations for interview, and your acceptance?

I have set up my account but I also took the MCAT again on the 27th so I believe they are waiting for my updated scores.

Congratulations, I also applied on August 17. What was your timeline of everything from setting up your account through DMU, received your invitations for interview, and your acceptance?

I have set up my account but I also took the MCAT again on the 27th so I believe they are waiting for my updated scores.
I received an interview offer within two weeks of my application. I set up my account within the same week I applied. I then completed the interview and the virtual meeting. They told me that it would take 2-4 weeks to hear back from them. I also heard back about my scholarship offer within one week of my acceptance. If you have any admissions questions, they responded to me within 12 hours of all of my emails. They genuinely seem to care about applicant questions and concerns.

Reactions: 1 user
accepted my dads alma mater, feels extra special!

Reactions: 1 users
I received text and email notification about admission 4 days ago. I am yet to hear anything about a scholarship. Does this mean none is forthcoming? I just don’t know what to expect on timeline.

I received text and email notification about admission 4 days ago. I am yet to hear anything about a scholarship. Does this mean none is forthcoming? I just don’t know what to expect on timeline.
I would email and ask. I doubt it would hurt your chances of receiving a scholarship.

I would email and ask. I doubt it would hurt your chances of receiving a scholarship.

As follow up I actually heard about a scholarship by email about 10 days after the acceptance offer!

Reactions: 1 users
As follow up I actually heard about a scholarship by email about 10 days after the acceptance offer!
How long did it take you to hear back post interview? Did the Kira 09/29 and the small group 09/30.

I interviewed 9/9 and received news of acceptance 9/15. Hang in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received email for the portal. My application is processed and will go under review.

Still haven’t heard back from them. I did have a new pending MCAT score when I applied, I know they were waiting for my updated scores.

I received my new score back about a month ago and I still haven’t heard back from them (I’ve heard back from all other schools).

Should I email them to ask when I could expect an update?

Still haven’t heard back from them. I did have a new pending MCAT score when I applied, I know they were waiting for my updated scores.

I received my new score back about a month ago and I still haven’t heard back from them (I’ve heard back from all other schools).

Should I email them to ask when I could expect an update?

Yes.

Put my deposit down! The dean himself texted me after my interview and again on Tuesday when he saw I signed the matriculation agreement. Nice personal touch. So excited to be a member of the DMU family!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 9/14 and got accepted today 9/20! Very excited, was my top school!

Interviewed 9/14 and got accepted today 9/20! Very excited, was my top school!

congrats! just went to their accepted students day, and the people are so incredible!

Put my deposit down! The dean himself texted me after my interview and again on Tuesday when he saw I signed the matriculation agreement. Nice personal touch. So excited to be a member of the DMU family!
Dean Smith is one of the greatest people you'll ever meet. He legitimately loves his job and the students, and it really shows. This really goes for all of the DMU staff, but it's pretty neat to see a dean so involved with all the students everyday.

Source: 1st year CPMS student

• Sad
Congrats all. DMU is an outstanding school... but Iowa (lol just kidding). I am excited for you all.

Last edited: