College Physics 2 Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyman22336

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I hope you're doing well!
I have two questions.

1) I can take college physics 2 this June at a local community college, whereby my tuition for the class will be free, or I can sign up for it in July at a local university but I'll have to pay for the tuition. I am leaning towards taking it at the CC only for financial reasons. Will med school look down upon that and do you recommend paying and taking it at the University summer II?

2) I got an A in part 1 and want to ace part 2. What study guides/sources would you recommend for me? I'm just doing this and a part time job (19 hours a week).

Members don't see this ad.

Is this the only summer class you will be taking as an UG? Most schools do not like it if you take too many prereqs over the summer, especially if it is through a less accredited institution. How highly rank dis the local University? If it is not very high then I would probably go for the CC if this were my only summer class, but if the University was a good one I would go there to be safe.

Yes, it is possible that you will be judged/questioned about taking physics at a CC after already having been enrolled in a 4-year university. If the other university is respectable, then you may be better off taking it there, but ultimately your financial situation will (may?) take precedence.
Is this the only summer class you will be taking as an UG? Most schools do not like it if you take too many prereqs over the summer, especially if it is through a less accredited institution. How highly rank dis the local University? If it is not very high then I would probably go for the CC if this were my only summer class, but if the University was a good one I would go there to be safe.
Why do you say this?