college transcript matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Matrix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I was just wondering, when you apply for your internship or residency, do we need to send in our undergrad transcripts as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, I believe that all the SF Match specialties require your college transcripts (i.e Neurology, Neurosurgery, ENT, Optho). I know that Neurology requires it.

When I interviewed for neuro, one of my interviewers asked me why I took a humanities class pass/fail during the fall quarter of my freshman year of undergrad. Another interviewer asked me about less than stellar grades in general chem during my freshman year of undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Pinky. I stand corrected. I did not realize that the SF Match required it.

The NRMP does not however, specific programs are allowed to add other application requirements as they see fit.

Hope this helps.

Yup. Same story (for ENT). "What's this B- in Chem 242 [2nd semester organic] during your junior year?"

At most places, my college transcript was not mentioned during the interview. I cannot say whether they spent any significant time reviewing it prior to or after my interviews.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Pinky:
•Actually, I believe that all the SF Match specialties require your college transcripts (i.e Neurology, Neurosurgery, ENT, Optho). I know that Neurology requires it.

When I interviewed for neuro, one of my interviewers asked me why I took a humanities class pass/fail during the fall quarter of my freshman year of undergrad. Another interviewer asked me about less than stellar grades in general chem during my freshman year of undergrad.•••••