color printer or b&w printer for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi! i am about to buy a printer for med school and was wondering if i should buy a black and white printer or a color printer. i was leaning towards a b&w printer because it prints faster but then i thought that maybe med students might need color print outs to see contrasts/etc or whatever else we're supposed to be looking at. any thoughts? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

liger said:
hi! i am about to buy a printer for med school and was wondering if i should buy a black and white printer or a color printer. i was leaning towards a b&w printer because it prints faster but then i thought that maybe med students might need color print outs to see contrasts/etc or whatever else we're supposed to be looking at. any thoughts? thanks!

A lot of med schools let you print out things on campus, so to the extent you are going to run someone's printer into the ground for lengthy printings, it might as well be theirs. For all other stuff at home, color printer is nice, but certainly not essential. Depends on whether you like to study histology images, etc on the computer screen or on a hard copy.

just out of curiosity, are you talking laser? I didn't even know they still made b&w inkjets