Colorado Anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abords

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am an MD/PhD student in Chicago with my degree in pharmacology and molecular biology. I would truly love to do my residency in anesthesiology. My wife would love to go back to Denver and I would like to honor her request. Does anyone know what it takes to be competitive for Univ. of Colorado's program, what it is like, and are they receptive to accepting out of state students?
Thank you for your help in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Also, if you had a choice of going out west or staying in Chicago and going to say Northwestern or U of Chicago, what would you do? This is a very difficult decision and your input is much appreciated

Abords - I sent you a PM with my thoughts on Colo.

Thank you very much for the PM. I will certainly take your advice. What do people feel you need to be considered for the most competitive anesthesia programs and what are the general requirements for the second tier programs? I feel like a fish out of water here and am not getting a lot of feedback from my school. All of you are very helpful