Colorado for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sp78 said:
Hi,

I got a chance to talk to Jane yesterday...and she said they will be mailing the list of people for junene very soon. Keeping fingers crossed....lets see...nothing is working out anywhere....its so frustrating. Best of luck to all... :thumbup:

hey buddy....don lose hope...everything's gonna just be fine......after all we have all worked hard for it.....someday soon our prayers will be answered for sure....i just believe in one thing...if God has brought you to it, He will bring you through it......so chill out man.....itz the weekend....party time!!!! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

hi everybody, does anybody knows about the clinical exam. I know we have to do some waxing and a couple of preps, but can anybody be more specific about the waxing techniques they ask for?

thank you

For those of you who have had their interviews at Colorado this past weekend - I would like to wish you the best of luck! Fingers crossed (hey, shall even cross legs and toes and eyes too if that is what it takes) :D

Would anyone be kind enough to please post their experience at their interviews?

Regards..

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have had their interviews at Colorado this past weekend - I would like to wish you the best of luck! Fingers crossed (hey, shall even cross legs and toes and eyes too if that is what it takes) :D :laugh:

Would anyone be kind enough to please post their experience at their interviews?

Regards..

CALALILY said:
For those of you who have had their interviews at Colorado this past weekend - I would like to wish you the best of luck! Fingers crossed (hey, shall even cross legs and toes and eyes too if that is what it takes) :D :laugh:

Regards..

Hi,

Even though I was not called for an interview at COLORADO......I think it is not really appropriate for people to ask specifics regarding the interview.

It is not professional or ethical. A simple general question regarding how the school is, if the interview was good........this seems reasonable to ask.

Remember that all of you are in competition with each other and as silly as it may sound..........you always need an edge over others......and by giving out info about practical exams etc........can work against you chances of an acceptance.

Good Luck!

Jake.

JAKE. said:
Hi,

Even though I was not called for an interview at COLORADO......I think it is not really appropriate for people to ask specifics regarding the interview.

It is not professional or ethical. A simple general question regarding how the school is, if the interview was good........this seems reasonable to ask.

Remember that all of you are in competition with each other and as silly as it may sound..........you always need an edge over others......and by giving out info about practical exams etc........can work against you chances of an acceptance.

Good Luck!

Jake.

If you think it is not professional or ethical, okay, I'll buy that. If you don't want to share information to get an edge over other students, I say screw that. I don't want to go to medical school with people like that (and yes, I do realize it is an inevitability- just one I hope to minimize).

Senor Fish said:
If you think it is not professional or ethical, okay, I'll buy that. If you don't want to share information to get an edge over other students, I say screw that. I don't want to go to medical school with people like that (and yes, I do realize it is an inevitability- just one I hope to minimize).

Hi senor Fish,

I totally agree with you........ but this is the way of the world.

Competition has become so stiff..........so everything counts my friend......this is all very unfortunate....

bye

hey senorfish and jake,

all i asked in my earlier post was whether anyone would like to share their experience - meaning:
* how did you like the place?
* did you find the questions fair?
* hope you were not panicked?
* what were your general feelings/comments?

i am not asking for anything specific at all. however, it is upto the discretion of each interviewed-individual to discuss what they feel like.

Regards..

Hi,

I think u will get many chances to show how competetive you all are? Just sharing ur experiences about anything in the interviews wont hold anybody's position. This site is for helping everybody....and not to show ur spirits of being mean.

Plz limit ur ethical lectures for future.

Thanks

Hi Jake,

Plz look at other threads about interviews where people have even shared the questions asked in the interview ....and i think they all should be unethical according to your theory.

Hi all,
Just wanted to know if anyone had received an invitation to interview in June?? Just wondering if all those who selected for the June session had received their correspondence via mail/email?
Thanks
dentistcs

sp78 said:
Hi Jake,

Plz look at other threads about interviews where people have even shared the questions asked in the interview ....and i think they all should be unethical according to your theory.

Guys,

You are all right......... and i agree with you all.

Everyones is free to choose what they would like to do. It is a free world. All I am saying is that sometimes being free and open will not get you where you need to go..............

Never mind.........let me not change the discussion of this thread. good luck to those waiting.......and all the best.

Jake.

I personally understood exactly what you meant Jake. It made perfect sense to me too.

Let's not all forget that these are dexterity and clinical exams ! It is nothing that you can prepare for ... these exams are meant to challenge your psycho-motor skills and training. If someone in last weeks interview batch told you that they had a PFM prep on #8 and an inlay on # 19, what are you going to do about it ? Are you going to prepare it ahead of time and replace the exam teeth with them ? Of course not (when you get there you will understand why you can't)! Are you going to train for only those 2 preps ? Go ahead. What if you get something else on that day ? What if the program director wakes up that morning and decides to alter the assigned preps ? Who are you going to be mad at except yourself for taking such slim odds and gambling on your interview with them ?

Do not forget everyone that we are doctors, not lawyers. There is nothing that you can know ahead of time for these clinical exams that will improve your chances significantly (unless it was a written exam). You are still the one who has to cut the prep, mold the wax and use your own clinical judgment and tactile skills for that day.

From my brief experience, the Colorado University staff and faculty are very reasonable people and will go to extremes to give everyone a fair chance. I am sure the clinical exam will be as reasonable as they are. All you can do, from my point of view, is just "polish" your clinical skills (if you are one of the people assisting for the last 3 years) by training on some acrylic teeth and maybe some wax.

Good Luck.

JAKE. said:
Guys,

You are all right......... and i agree with you all.

Everyones is free to choose what they would like to do. It is a free world. All I am saying is that sometimes being free and open will not get you where you need to go..............

Never mind.........let me not change the discussion of this thread. good luck to those waiting.......and all the best.

Jake.

Members don't see this ad :)
NileBDS said:
I personally understood exactly what you meant Jake. It made perfect sense to me too.

Let's not all forget that these are dexterity and clinical exams ! It is nothing that you can prepare for ... these exams are meant to challenge your psycho-motor skills and training. If someone in last weeks interview batch told you that they had a PFM prep on #8 and an inlay on # 19, what are you going to do about it ? Are you going to prepare it ahead of time and replace the exam teeth with them ? Of course not (when you get there you will understand why you can't)! Are you going to train for only those 2 preps ? Go ahead. What if you get something else on that day ? What if the program director wakes up that morning and decides to alter the assigned preps ? Who are you going to be mad at except yourself for taking such slim odds and gambling on your interview with them ?

Do not forget everyone that we are doctors, not lawyers. There is nothing that you can know ahead of time for these clinical exams that will improve your chances significantly (unless it was a written exam). You are still the one who has to cut the prep, mold the wax and use your own clinical judgment and tactile skills for that day.

From my brief experience, the Colorado University staff and faculty are very reasonable people and will go to extremes to give everyone a fair chance. I am sure the clinical exam will be as reasonable as they are. All you can do, from my point of view, is just "polish" your clinical skills (if you are one of the people assisting for the last 3 years) by training on some acrylic teeth and maybe some wax.

Good Luck.

Thanks Nile.

As always you seem to be able to bring the right amount of balance to a discussion.

Good luck at UOP.......they are certainly fortunate to have a person like yourself on their program.

Jake.

Hi Jake.
Thanks for the nice words ... but my head is big enough ! lol ... full of air !
Anyways, thanks again buddy. You are a generous person.
Good Luck.

JAKE. said:
Thanks Nile.

As always you seem to be able to bring the right amount of balance to a discussion.

Good luck at UOP.......they are certainly fortunate to have a person like yourself on their program.

Jake.

Does anyone know or have some idea about how much the clinical exam counts and how much the interview counts? Is it 50% Vs 50%? I felt my clinical exam was fine, but am not sure about the interview. I think I expressed myself well but my spoken English was just so so. Thanks for any idea! :luck:

hi minaliu

congratulations on the completion of your clinical exam and interview at colorado. best wishes - i hope you hear from them soon enough and get put out of misery! :)

i am not sure what the marking scheme is - maybe others who got interviewed last year or are in the program can shed some light on this?

did you find your interview/clinical examination fair? i know that there is no way to prepare for their wax exercises, but i hope all went well?

regards..

CALALILY said:
hi minaliu

congratulations on the completion of your clinical exam and interview at colorado. best wishes - i hope you hear from them soon enough and get put out of misery! :)

i am not sure what the marking scheme is - maybe others who got interviewed last year or are in the program can shed some light on this?

did you find your interview/clinical examination fair? i know that there is no way to prepare for their wax exercises, but i hope all went well?

regards..
Thank you for your wish. I think people there are nice and the questions all made sense to me. The clinical exam was fair too which tests more about the potential of your hands, so just be yourself. :laugh:

hey minaliu

good to hear that all went well with your interview! fingers crossed - lets all hope for the best.
yes, you are right to say that it is always best to be yourself - afterall, that is what has got you through thus far in your lives.

best wishes. :)

[can anybody tell me when the interview finished, because I want to know if I can catch a flight at 6:30?
THANK YOU!!!

Is Colorado still sending letters for june interview or it is all done? Because I emailed them and got reply that all applications are still pending - what sh'd I understand from this? :confused:

Did anybody recently got interview letter? Plz tell me what is the date for June interview.

Thanks,

32Dentist said:
Is Colorado still sending letters for june interview or it is all done? Because I emailed them and got reply that all applications are still pending - what sh'd I understand from this? :confused:

Did anybody recently got interview letter? Plz tell me what is the date for June interview.

Thanks,

Nope, I haven't received anything, either. I emailed Jane a few days ago, and was told that the Adcom is finalizing its decisions for the June 17 batch.

Has nobody heard about June interviews as yet?

Does anyone know what is happening?

Any news for june interviews?

I emailed Jane again. She replied that all the applications for June interviews are still pending. We need to wait for some form of response letter from them. Dammit....what in the world are they taking so much time for??? Haven't they yet shortlisted the May interviewees??

hi,
could someone please tell me whether colorado sents out a rejection letter?I have not received an interview call .For all those who got an interview call-Congratulations!Hope you guys found it a good experience.

Could anyone kindly tell me how to pay the interview fee?

Hey dentistken,
Have you been invited for a june interview? Could you please tell us as I think that there are a lot of people waiting for this and have no clue what is happening.

Regards.

CALALILY said:
Hey dentistken,
Have you been invited for a june interview? Could you please tell us as I think that there are a lot of people waiting for this and have no clue what is happening.

Regards.
I received my invitation letter in May. Actually I don't have idea about the rejection letter. But I think you can call or email Jane to ask what will happen to you. Good Luck!!!

dentistken said:
I received my invitation letter in May. Actually I don't have idea about the rejection letter. But I think you can call or email Jane to ask what will happen to you. Good Luck!!!

I don`t know what kind of interwiev fee you are talking about. :confused:

dentistken said:
Could anyone kindly tell me how to pay the interview fee?

What is interview fee?

Enamel said:
hi,
could someone please tell me whether colorado sents out a rejection letter?I have not received an interview call .For all those who got an interview call-Congratulations!Hope you guys found it a good experience.
Yesterday i emailed Jane & got the reply today saying that they had finalized june interview list.............all rejection letters will follow next week.................. and thanks for all of us for being patient and understanding....................... ALL THE BEST for all those who are waiting.

dentist_26 said:
Yesterday i emailed Jane & got the reply today saying that they had finalized june interview list.............all rejection letters will follow next week.................. and thanks for all of us for being patient and understanding....................... ALL THE BEST for all those who are waiting.

Thanks for the update. So I guess the next interview batch won't be on June 17 then, since today is June 14 already? I just found the whole interviewing thing to be quite weird, but I suppose they needed more time to decide on the interviewees. I guess that's why they've moved the dateline to January 31, 2007 instead of the usual March dateline for next year.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting to hear from them. :luck:

the interview is on 17 June. No changes on that.

arua said:
the interview is on 17 June. No changes on that.

How could that be when today is June 14 already and no one (it seems) has heard from them? Or maybe if one hasn't heard from them by this time, then that means a rejection letter is on its way and that includes me. Okay, I'd better stop speculating until I hear from them :D

cheer_up said:
How could that be when today is June 14 already and no one (it seems) has heard from them? Or maybe if one hasn't heard from them by this time, then that means a rejection letter is on its way and that includes me. Okay, I'd better stop speculating until I hear from them :D

It is very simple. The interview is on June 17th. If you have not got an interview call by now........you won't be called for an interview.

Its likely to be a rejection for you and other who are still waiting......... as you so correctly stated.

As I understand interview letters for June 17 were mailed 3-4 weeks ago; in fact may be a little earlier. Since SDN does not represent the majority applicant pool and a number of SDN-ers are silent members there is no way to know the canidates for June 17. At least 2 SDN members I know got the interview call for June 17 about 5 weeks ago but never posted for whatever (personal) reason.

Interview is on June 17 and hopefully result will be out in first week of July (that's what we were told on May 20).

rahmed

rahmed said:
As I understand interview letters for June 17 were mailed 3-4 weeks ago; in fact may be a little earlier. Since SDN does not represent the majority applicant pool and a number of SDN-ers are silent members there is no way to know the canidates for June 17. At least 2 SDN members I know got the interview call for June 17 about 5 weeks ago but never posted for whatever (personal) reason.

Interview is on June 17 and hopefully result will be out in first week of July (that's what we were told on May 20).

rahmed

Thanks for the info, rahmed. All the best with your interview results.

cheer_up said:
Thanks for the info, rahmed. All the best with your interview results.

You are welcome and thanks.

rahmed

dentist_26 said:
sorry dentist 26 for my delay in thanking you.Thank you so much for letting us know and all the best to all applicants.

Enamel said:
sorry dentist 26 for my delay in thanking you.Thank you so much for letting us know and all the best to all applicants.
you are welcome.

Do you guys know when the result will come out? In what form? Thanks!

minaliu said:
Do you guys know when the result will come out? In what form? Thanks!
The school will send the news out on July 15th by phone. Good luck!!! By the way, Are you from China? Is that you or your husband who is applying this school?

dentistken said:
The school will send the news out on July 15th by phone. Good luck!!! By the way, Are you from China? Is that you or your husband who is applying this school?

Thanks for the info. Did you call up Jane or How else did you find the info?

rahmed

dentistken said:

Yes I am Chinese. It was my husband that went to the interview in May. Are you sure the date will be exactly July 15th? Will all interviewees receive a call or only thoese accepted? We may be out of town on that day. How was your interview going? How many Chinese candidates were in your session? In May, there were 2 :luck:

minaliu said:
Yes I am Chinese. It was my husband that went to the interview in May. Are you sure the date will be exactly July 15th? Will all interviewees receive a call or only thoese accepted? We may be out of town on that day. How was your interview going? How many Chinese candidates were in your session? In May, there were 2 :luck:
They invited all Chinese applicants (6) for the interview. But only 3 went there. One is female, the others are male.

rahmed said:

rahmed[/QUO

Dr. Harvan told us during the introduction session. Am I wrong? Would someone please corfirm this for us? Thanks!!!!!

dentistken said:
rahmed said:

rahmed[/QUO

Dr. Harvan told us during the introduction session. Am I wrong? Would someone please corfirm this for us? Thanks!!!!!

Well that's good enough as Dr. Harvan told us (1st Group - May 20) that he would like to have his class by July 1. And at that point I thought that it was slightly premature!

rahmed

dentistken said:
They invited all Chinese applicants (6) for the interview. But only 3 went there. One is female, the others are male.

But I already know there were two Chinese female applicants that went to the interview, one in each session :eek: