Colorado for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dr Harvan said that he will call the people who will be accepted.
I receive today a phone call fr dr Hatch and he told me that I'm accepted.
So they start calling .
Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

arua said:
So they start calling .
Good luck everyone.

Hey, congrats, arua :thumbup:. Way to go. Wish you all the best for dental school. :luck: :luck:

What were your stats and your work experience? Thanks

arua said:
So they start calling .
Good luck everyone.
congrats.U DID IT.ALL THE BEST. :thumbup: :clap: :clap: can u post your stats & tell us about your interview.thanks .

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys.........drdt,rahmed,dentistken,minaliu...........................etc ALL THE BEST :thumbup: :thumbup: for all those who had been interviewed & waiting for the result. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Part 1 -83 .
At the interview they asked me just personal questions and why should we choose you ....I did good preparations at the practical exam but not perfect.

arua said:
Part 1 -83 .
At the interview they asked me just personal questions and why should we choose you ....I did good preparations at the practical exam but not perfect.
Hi arua,thankyou for the information & if u don't mind can u tell about your TOEFL score,GPA & WORK EXPERIENCE.

dentist_26 said:
Hi arua,thankyou for the information & if u don't mind can u tell about your TOEFL score,GPA & WORK EXPERIENCE.

toefl 247.GPA3.67
work experience 2years home , 4 years US(DA)

arua said:
toefl 247.GPA3.67
work experience 2years home , 4 years US(DA)
hi arua,thanks for posting your scores and experience.THATS GREAT.thankyou for the information. :luck:

I also got accep call. I have to choose btw nyu and colorado. Any advice will be appreciated/

Hi ajit,

Were you called today or yesterday? Do you think they already called all 20s.

Thanks

ajit said:
I also got accep call. I have to choose btw nyu and colorado. Any advice will be appreciated/

Congrats, ajit :thumbup: . If I were you, I would definitely go for Colorado in a heart beat. From what I heard so far, it's a pretty good school, cheaper and shorter in duration which is definitely a plus point. I have never been, and will not be fond of three-year programs no matter how good they are, but that's just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
To all of you who have been accepted, and those who had a interview at Colorado, can you please tell us what you were asked to do for your practical exam? It would give those of us, who will be applying this year, an idea. Thanks.

ajit said:
Thankyou for the information & if u don't mind can u tell about your part I score, TOEFL score,GPA & WORK EXPERIENCE.

ajit said:

Hi, can I know when you went to the interview? May or June? :scared: :thumbup: :luck:

Hey ,

I have friends at both NYU and Colorado.Colorado feedback is much better small class ,good interaction with instructors,they teach in a better way rather than teaching hitechally( NYU people r just taping lectures they don't even know who there professor is).Go for Colorado if i were at ur place i would definately go to Colorado.

ajit said:

minaliu said:
Any news?

Hi,

I have a friend who got accepted into Colorado this year. She got a phone call to say she had been accepted about a week after the june interview. It was pretty quick.......

I think those that have been accepted will already have heard from the school by now. If you are still waiting then i think you chances are pretty poor. This is what I have been told by another friend of mine currently in the final year of the ISP program at Colorado.

Bye.

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the information. Even though I was not called, It is a relief that I dont have to keep biting my nails and looking at my cell phone waiting for this call.

JAKE. said:
Hi,

I have a friend who got accepted into Colorado this year. She got a phone call to say she had been accepted about a week after the june interview. It was pretty quick.......

I think those that have been accepted will already have heard from the school by now. If you are still waiting then i think you chances are pretty poor. This is what I have been told by another friend of mine currently in the final year of the ISP program at Colorado.

Bye.

vanemig said:
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the information. Even though I was not called, It is a relief that I dont have to keep biting my nails and looking at my cell phone waiting for this call.
I totally agree with you. What a relief!!!

Thank you Jack.

Good luck to all dentists here.

Hey, Jack, if possible, could you introduce to us your friend who was accepted? Her experience etc.? Thanks!

Hi Guys,

You are welcome. I am sure you guys will make it to a program soon.

It is quite unfair that the land of opportunity has very few opportunities to accommodate foreign trained dentists. The spaces are limited and it seems like we are not really wanted here. The MD's have it the right way......maybe its time the Dental licensing states over here start opening up their doors.

milinaiu.....to answer your question......She has a Part 1-77 and Part 2- 80. Not sure about her GPA but TOEFL was around 240. Colorado is a very strange school in who it accepts.........I have no idea what.....its luck....

bye.

Hi Jack, Thanks again.

To be honest with you, your answer made me more confused and frustrated. My husband got a part 1- 90 and Part 2- 83 with a very very similar toefl score, and he felt good about the clinical exam (he has very skillful hands!),but still....... I once thought Colorado is a reasonable school and not like UPenn. Are all the schools strange like Colorado and Upenn?! You guys please tell me some reasonal and normal school if you know. PLEASE!

Also, is it true that the longer DA experience, the better? my husband is not permitted to work so he only attended in a clinic for several months (not everyday).

PS. Jane has told me that all calls have been made and all letters have gone out, so now we can continue to work........

minaliu said:
Hi Jack, Thanks again.

To be honest with you, your answer made me more confused and frustrated. My husband got a part 1- 90 and Part 2- 83 with a very very similar toefl score, and he felt good about the clinical exam (he has very skillful hands!),but still....... I once thought Colorado is a reasonable school and not like UPenn. Are all the schools strange like Colorado and Upenn?! You guys please tell me some reasonal and normal school if you know. PLEASE!

Also, is it true that the longer DA experience, the better? my husband is not permitted to work so he only attended in a clinic for several months (not everyday).

PS. Jane has told me that all calls have been made and all letters have gone out, so now we can continue to work........

Hi,

Shocking!!!!
With such great scores.........and a good practical????
I just don't get it.....Try USC and NYU......I am sure he will get in.

But then again I don't have the answers either.......... I have Part 1-90, Part 2-80 and still trying........with no luck of course. Maybe your are right......they look for experience..........but I really think thats not true.........I will stick with my previous answer.........LOTS AND LOTS OF LUCK..

minaliu said:
Hi Jack, Thanks again.

Hi Minaliu,

Don't be frustrated. I also have higher scores and good experience. I think we should improve some aspects that the school really cares. Keep going till you get one. Good luck and keep in touch.

Thank you Jack and dentistken. Yes let's don't give up. Keep in touch!

can I ask when did u give ur nbde 1 .r u waiting for the result.i gave mine 2 weks ago still waiting for result

thanks

HGL said:
hey buddy....don lose hope...everything's gonna just be fine......after all we have all worked hard for it.....someday soon our prayers will be answered for sure....i just believe in one thing...if God has brought you to it, He will bring you through it......so chill out man.....itz the weekend....party time!!!! :cool:

NileBDS said:
hi nile,
my scores for part 1 are 83 and gpa is 3.03 and i graduated in 2003 i had been working inIndia and iam working as a DA here also,so if you could please tell me which schools i should apply to? is there a chance?please reply
kareena

kareena said:
hi nile,
my scores for part 1 are 83 and gpa is 3.03 and i graduated in 2003 i had been working inIndia and iam working as a DA here also,so if you could please tell me which schools i should apply to? is there a chance?please reply
kareena
i know you dint particularly ask for my opinion but still...my $0.02....you will be saving yourself a LOT of heartache and headache if you redo national boards... :D
Yes there are some people who have made into dental schools with scores in the early and mid 80s but the % of people not making it is too high.
Please do consider it..there is a LOT of time to retake the boards and get into a school.
good luck :D :luck:

hey..
for anyone that applied to colorado and did not get an interview/acceptance (unfortunately), have you heard anything at all from them - even an acknowledgement saying "thankyou but no thankyou"????

regards.. :)

CALALILY said:
hey..
for anyone that applied to colorado and did not get an interview/acceptance (unfortunately), have you heard anything at all from them - even an acknowledgement saying "thankyou but no thankyou"????

Received a nicely worded rejection letter.

rahmed said:
I am really sorry. :(
Hope your family thing works out so you can head off to nyu next year :D

Hey rahmed,
Really? Oh dear me! I am sorry to hear that - you came so close as well.. anyway, i am sure its all for the best!
rahmed, can i ask when did you receive it? i have had no acknowledgement at all, and nor has anyone i know.

thanks,

rahmed said:

CALALILY said:
Hey rahmed,
Really? Oh dear me! I am sorry to hear that - you came so close as well.. anyway, i am sure its all for the best!
rahmed, can i ask when did you receive it? i have had no acknowledgement at all, and nor has anyone i know.

thanks,

Letter dated July 5 (!) and postmark. ah well July 12 :confused: :mad:

D(M)ental said:
I am really sorry. :(
Hope your family thing works out so you can head off to nyu next year :D

Thanks a lot D(M)ental. I/we really need lots of prayer from all quarters.

rahmed

Hey guys
Ive applied to u colorado.
And havent heard from them anything. I know both interview and practical sessions are over, and m rejected. But after paying the application dont i deserve a rejection letter atleast. Why arent they sending out rejection letters. :(

colorado says that they have sent out all letters of rejection a long time back. apparently, if you did not receive yours, then it got sent back to them at the university and they did not care to re-confirm the address. so, if you have not heard from them and do wish to receive a letter, then please contact them..