Colorado Licensure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChargerSRT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my classmates is applying to Colorado and he was told by someone that Colorado requires a certain amount of post-graduate internship hours (over and above the 1500) to receive a license. He and I have searched the Colorado Board of Pharmacy website, and we found nothing regaurding this.

Any help?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been researching this cause my first assignment could be in Colorado...I found it was 1500 hours to get a license...

That is what I found too, but I have heard from a few people that the state requires like, 300 hours AFTER you get done with your 4th year rotations IN ADDITION to the 1500. Which would = not cool.

I call BS, but hopefully someone can clarify.

I just got my license for Colorado (currently a pharmacist in Indiana). I didn't want to do a license transfer so went through the whole NAPLEX, MPJE, hours verification thing to get an original license. All of the paperwork says 1500 hours, I had a little extra from my university at 1600. You shouldn't have a problem as long as your board of pharmacy verifies your 1500 intern hours with the Colorado board. You can also track the status of your application online. Call (303) 894-7800, and I think you'll probably get Jazell (sp?) she dealt with my licensing and was really helpful. Hope this helps.

I am applying for pharmacist licensure in Colorado. I just became licensed in PA however. Can I apply for license transfer via endorsement even though I have not practiced as a pharmacist in PA? Do I need 1 year of active practice? Or do I need to apply for the score transfer? On the score transfer application it says to not use if already have a license.