Colorado (OOS) vs. Creighton vs. UMD (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalstudent198

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm having the hardest time deciding between University of Colorado, Creighton University, and University of Maryland. All three are great programs, and my deadline to decide is coming up so would appreciate any insight you all have!

I'm open to specializing, specifically in ortho, but I'm not set on anything and would also be perfectly happy doing general. The costs for all schools are similar so that's not really a factor here. And they are equally far from home for me. I'm interested in what people think of the general reputations of each in the dental field and any pros/cons. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Colorado has only a few specialities: GPR, ortho, and perio if you are considering the amount of exposure you'll get in school. It also has the ACTS program where you I work at community clinics and getting a lot of clinical exposure. I heard this is one of the best parts about their program.

Creighton does not have any specialities, but starts clinical experiences very early. Because there are no specialities to refer to, you will be given the chance to perform more complex cases. New facilities

Maryland also has great clinical experiences and a large pool of patients. City is not the safest

I would also consider the location, class size and cost of living for all. I believe Creighton might be the cheapest in that sense. If there's not a huge total price difference in the end, it would all come down to personal preference. All schools are great so can't really make a bad choice.

Reactions: 1 user