Colorado School of Dental Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saahilrtrivedi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was looking through my supplemental information I noticed that part of the supplemental requirements for the University of Colorado included:

Verification of Colorado Residency Form

However, I do not live in Colorado. In addition, on their website:
The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine actively accepts both residents and non-residents for its Dental Program.

The School of Dental Medicine is a member of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) program. This exchange program helps students in the Western states to enroll in selected out-of-state professional programs. Students who are residents of Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota and Wyoming are considered for acceptance under this program. For additional information, and to apply for certification (deadline is October 15th of the year preceding admission), please visit the WICHE web page. If you should not receive WICHE funding, the Accountable Student/Non-Resident information below will pertain to you.

Anyone have any insight?

Members don't see this ad.

Insight on what? The form? Or you're confused about not being from a WICHE sending state?

They interview/accept from all states. Preference is given to CO residents and the WHICHE sending states (those listed). They are aware of your residency. Curious did you just randomly apply?

As for the form, it's in the email:
2. Verification of Colorado Residency form. All applicants must complete the residency form-in state or out-of-state and sign. Note: Non-residents only need to complete page one and sign.

Last edited:
As for the form, it's in the email:
2. Verification of Colorado Residency form. All applicants must complete the residency form-in state or out-of-state and sign. Note: Non-residents only need to complete page one and sign.

don't you only submit the residency form if you get an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes. He's looking through them, so I imagine he received an interview since it's distributed through email.

Or is he just reading their required supplemental stuff? I guess that's what he means since he's just applying. I was thrown off by the ' my supplemental information '.

Last edited:
To me, it does not appear they favor in state residents...

To me, it does not appear they favor in state residents...

I guess I meant the collective in-state & WICHE applicants. They can pretty much be treated as the same thing with the WICHE states. If I personally didn't fall into that group, I wouldn't apply there.

As for just Colorado, I have no idea how many in-state they actually offer acceptances to. Interviews seem pretty common though.

I guess I meant the collective in-state & WICHE applicants. They can pretty much be treated as the same thing with the WICHE states. If I personally didn't fall into that group, I wouldn't apply there.

As for just Colorado, I have no idea how many in-state they actually offer acceptances to. Interviews seem pretty common though.

Yeah, it is really instate friendly as a whole. I meant to ME it is not in state friendly...I have not heard a peep despite almost everyone I know getting an interview there already. My theory is that they value GPA far more than DAT.

Hey Guys!
I'm super nervous, I took my DAT relatively late and faxed it into Barbara literally two days ago. Got an e-mail the next day asking to be interviewed on January 12th! I did not expect to even get an interview anywhere because I thought I was so late and my DAT and it was no where near competitive so I gave up hope this round. Now I don't know what to expect with an interview! Did they catch you off guard with any questions or were they pretty laid back? I plan on doing mock trials, I'm just worried some questions will catch me off guard! Thanks so much guys and congratualations to all those who got in! I know how hard you worked!
Best,
Mandy

Hey Guys!
I'm super nervous, I took my DAT relatively late and faxed it into Barbara literally two days ago. Got an e-mail the next day asking to be interviewed on January 12th! I did not expect to even get an interview anywhere because I thought I was so late and my DAT and it was no where near competitive so I gave up hope this round. Now I don't know what to expect with an interview! Did they catch you off guard with any questions or were they pretty laid back? I plan on doing mock trials, I'm just worried some questions will catch me off guard! Thanks so much guys and congratualations to all those who got in! I know how hard you worked!
Best,
Mandy

Hey! Nice name :thumbup: haha. Congrats on the interview! I decided on CU, so hopefully I'll see you in the fall. The interview was so laid back-- there's no need to worry. I have a few friends that go to school there now and they all said the interview is to ensure you are able to have a conversation and that trait is highly rated when they're deciding on acceptances. A few questions I got:

-Describe your weakest semester in school
-Why CU? (In my opinion, having a lot to say during this part can really set you apart)
-Describe your experiences with Mission of Mercy
-What would you say is your greatest weakness?
-What activities do you enjoy outside of school?

They also asked detailed information about my application (high school sports, past non-dental related jobs, ect....) which was easy because there's no right or wrong answer, they're just seeking more details!

One of my interviewers mentioned that he asks questions if there are any "red flags" when he looks through DAT scores and past grades, so have an explanation prepared if you have anything like that. Don't let that get you too nervous though, obviously if you have an interview already, it's not too major.

Be sure to have a lot of questions prepared for the end of the interview, too! That always helps. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.