Colorado schools: Regis and CU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancing_DPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have scoured this site and there is very little out there for people who live in CO and have applied or want to apply to the Colorado PT schools.

So, who out there has applied to Regis or CU? I am pretty excited that the deadline for CU apps is tomorrow. It means that we are one step closer to knowing...something.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm local and applied to both schools :) Do you have a preference?

Yes! I'm leaning toward CU. There are many reasons why, and I also feel like I'm a better fit for CU. But the biggest reason of all is the price tag :) private school tuition gives me the fear. But it seems like going to either school will be a rigorous experience resulting in a top-notch education. Do you have a preference?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to both last year and am doing the same this year! I did notice during my first application cycle that we are kind of in a bubble here =]

Last edited:
I'm very interested in both for different reasons. Unfortunately, both are incredibly competitive..

@HeatherDPT they are very competitive, and I wonder if that's a big part of why I rarely see anything on here about applying to either school...they have had record numbers of applicants last year, so obviously people are applying. They just must not be discussing it much.

I got in to CU a month ago as an early decision applicant if you guys have questions.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not local to Colorado, but I am applying to Regis. I know a gal who went to school there, and have heard good things about it.

I applied to Regis last cycle and went through the interview process. I'm not a current student there, but if you have any questions you think I can be helpful with feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 3 users
I applied to Regis. I'm not from CO though. I'm from Alaska!

Got notice today that Denver now has all of my application materials and is ready for review! One step closer!

The waiting to hear from both schools is really ridiculous. Hearing everyone get interviews and acceptances is really difficult when we who applied to either CU or Regis have to wait to hear from them until December....

Email notification that Regis has my application received and completed. Time is flying by!

Members don't see this ad :)
Email notification that Regis has my application received and completed. Time is flying by!

When did you submit your app? I received an email that my application was received but that it would take 3-4 weeks for them to notify me about the completeness of the application. Did you have a similar experience?

When did you submit your app? I received an email that my application was received but that it would take 3-4 weeks for them to notify me about the completeness of the application. Did you have a similar experience?

I had all of my applications done October 1st. Got an email from Regis on October 31st stating that my PTCAS had been received by them.

The waiting to hear from both schools is really ridiculous. Hearing everyone get interviews and acceptances is really difficult when we who applied to either CU or Regis have to wait to hear from them until December....

I'm a first year student at Regis and I can say with almost 2000 applicants last year, Regis needs every minute they can to give each application a proper look through! Narrowing a pool of 1800+ to 250 for interviews is a daunting process.

I received the "your application is complete" email from Regis yesterday.

I'm a first year student at Regis and I can say with almost 2000 applicants last year, Regis needs every minute they can to give each application a proper look through! Narrowing a pool of 1800+ to 250 for interviews is a daunting process.

Do you mind sharing your stats (if you can remember! Haha) ? How are you liking Regis?

Has anyone gotten an email from denver after their confirmation of completion stating that your application is now under review? Last year, I received an under review email about a week after the completion email... haven't gotten that this year. And a year ago tomorrow is when I got interview notification from them. I am probably worrying for nothing, but I can't help it! Haha.

FWIW, the "complete" & "under review" emails are one and the same for Regis.

Last edited:
Hey friends! Check your emails! :)

I was notified that I got an interview with CU!

Jan 23 or 24, I haven't picked a day yet. I'm wondering if Regis is sending out invites soon, so I don't have to worry about getting double booked if they offer me an interview since they are both on the same weekend.

I am hoping to interview at Denver on Saturday the 24th, and *crossing fingers* Regis on Monday the 26th. Have a realllllllly busy work day Friday the 23rd.

I got notification from Regis on December 16th last year. I was waitlisted for an interview, though; so interview offers probably could have gone out a little sooner?

I was looking through old posts about Regis interviews and it seems that they will be sending them out sometime this week, maybe by Friday? That's what I'm hoping anyway!

I just got my interview offer to Regis about half an hour ago! I was rejected from CU.

Regis interview
8am Monday Jan.26

I also got an interview with Regis!

I got an interview at Regis but am declining, so I hope that helps someone out!

regis interview =]
hooray to all others with good news!

I just got my interview offer to Regis about half an hour ago! I was rejected from CU.
sorry to hear about denver =[ i was denied from them after i interviewed this past january, on valentine's day! *hughug*

Interview at Regis! Jan 23rd, 1PM. I didn't apply to CU. Pleasantly surprised, my finals are killing me and it's the first time in months I haven't been compulsively checking my email.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview at Regis University @ 8 am on Monday, Jan 26th!!

Why the decline?

I already accepted elsewhere and decided after applying that I don't want to be that far away (I'm from Pennsylvania). I've heard wonderful things about the school and area, though, so the decision wasn't easy!

regis interview =]
hooray to all others with good news!

sorry to hear about denver =[ i was denied from them after i interviewed this past january, on valentine's day! *hughug*
Good ol alma mater. I have a lot of friends who graduated from CU with me get rejected from CU and then accepted elsewhere for various programs. Must not like keeping us in the system haha.

I got an interview for Regis for Friday, Jan 23! Regis is definitely on my top 3 for schools, but the interview date coincides with interview dates for UCSF...anyone know if they'd be flexible in allowing me to change the date to the Monday date?

I got an interview for Regis for Friday, Jan 23! Regis is definitely on my top 3 for schools, but the interview date coincides with interview dates for UCSF...anyone know if they'd be flexible in allowing me to change the date to the Monday date?

I assume there will be room for movement as all the interview dates surround that weekend. People will also be declining interview offers so that should open up a spot for you!!

Congrats everyone! How many interviews do you think were offered at CU and Regis? I got one from CU but am on the Interview Wait-list for Regis. :/

Well @hgsson, I can't take a guess at how many were offered but they want a decision asap as far as if we're attending so that interview wait-list may start moving fairly quickly!! Let us know how it goes :) Also CONGRATS on CU!!

Interview wait list at Regis (received email 12/8)...keeping my fingers crossed!

Well... I have emailed both programs relinquishing my interview spots. Hopefully it allows one of you to get off the waitlist, or closer to getting off them =] I really wish you all the best; you have amazing things to offer the world of PT!!!

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! How many interviews do you think were offered at CU and Regis? I got one from CU but am on the Interview Wait-list for Regis. :/
Regis is interviewing 288 candidates.

Hey all - I just emailed Regis to decline my interview offer. Hoping one of you on the waitlist gets the spot!

For those of you that will be interviewing at Regis, here's what my interview day was like last year:

There are four groups of interviews: Friday morning, Friday afternoon, Monday morning, Monday afternoon.
Each of these groups are broken down into groups that rotate through three 1-hour stations - Faculty Interviews, Campus Tour, and Lab Observation/Participation.

Faculty Interviews: you will have two one-on-one interviews with faculty. They are ~20 minutes each.

Campus Tour: Guided tour of the campus. There will be DPT students on the tour with you, so you can ask questions about what Regis is really like.

Lab Observation/Participation: You will see a lab in session, observing what class is really like. Last year, I observed second years doing cervical manipulations...others observed first years doing wheelchair transfers. Be prepared to participate! I was on the exam table in my suit. :)

After you rotate through the stations, all groups will reconvene for a meal and a faculty meet-and-greet, followed by a Q&A session.

Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you that will be interviewing at Regis, here's what my interview day was like last year:

There are four groups of interviews: Friday morning, Friday afternoon, Monday morning, Monday afternoon.
Each of these groups are broken down into groups that rotate through three 1-hour stations - Faculty Interviews, Campus Tour, and Lab Observation/Participation.

Faculty Interviews: you will have two one-on-one interviews with faculty. They are ~20 minutes each.

Campus Tour: Guided tour of the campus. There will be DPT students on the tour with you, so you can ask questions about what Regis is really like.

Lab Observation/Participation: You will see a lab in session, observing what class is really like. Last year, I observed second years doing cervical manipulations...others observed first years doing wheelchair transfers. Be prepared to participate! I was on the exam table in my suit. :)

After you rotate through the stations, all groups will reconvene for a meal and a faculty meet-and-greet, followed by a Q&A session.

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the info! Are you currently attending Regis? If so, how do you like the program?