Colorado State c/o 2021 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oh man! Thanks yall for understanding. I just joined and was confused about how to do all this so sorry for the mini heart attacks.
All the best to yall

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
oh man! Thanks yall for understanding. I just joined and was confused about how to do all this so sorry for the mini heart attacks.
All the best to yall

Its okay I did the same thing very recently and I'm glad people were kinder to you about than they were to me!

So CSU will be sending out invite to interviews and denials by the end of the day Dec 16!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love when the vet school tells us an exact date we'll find out instead of a vague time frame!

Reactions: 4 users
So CSU will be sending out invite to interviews and denials by the end of the day Dec 16!

How did you find this out? I haven't gotten any updates from them at all so I want to make sure there isn't an issue with my email.

How did you find this out? I haven't gotten any updates from them at all so I want to make sure there isn't an issue with my email.
I received an email from them about 15 minutes ago!

I'll just let you guys know I found out last year on December 18. Was a pretty awesome day; graduated from undergrad and then that night received my acceptance.

Good luck, hopefully I'll meet some of you next year :)

Haha my graduation date could either be extremely happy or soul crushing disappointing :shrug: But I'm happy they gave us an actual date!

Hearing back about interviews from 3 schools in the span of two days.... Let the anxiety begin hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how interviews will be done? What I mean is, are we given a date and a time or do we get to choose between January 14 and January 15? Or is it a two-day interview process for everyone? Or....? I'm hoping we have an option to choose the day and time... maybe someone has some insight?

Does anyone know how interviews will be done? What I mean is, are we given a date and a time or do we get to choose between January 14 and January 15? Or is it a two-day interview process for everyone? Or....? I'm hoping we have an option to choose the day and time... maybe someone has some insight?
Unfortunately I don't know if anyone will have any insight into this since interviews haven't been done at CSU for a long time. I think interviews will likely only be one day (i.e. not a two day process for applicants) based on the fact that they're MMIs but I don't know how much say students get in their interview dates and times.

Unfortunately I don't know if anyone will have any insight into this since interviews haven't been done at CSU for a long time. I think interviews will likely only be one day (i.e. not a two day process for applicants) based on the fact that they're MMIs but I don't know how much say students get in their interview dates and times.
Thank you for your response! Yeah, I was thinking it might be unknown. I guess we will find out soon enough!

Thank you for your response! Yeah, I was thinking it might be unknown. I guess we will find out soon enough!
On the website, it says the interview will take about an hour so it'll probably be a day long or even a half day long interview program depending on how long their additional events will take since I'm assuming we would get at least tour and presentation about CSU! Of course though I could be completely wrong since I'm just basing this off of other schools' interviews.

On the website, it says the interview will take about an hour so it'll probably be a day long or even a half day long interview program depending on how long their additional events will take since I'm assuming we would get at least tour and presentation about CSU! Of course though I could be completely wrong since I'm just basing this off of other schools' interviews.
I saw that too. I was just considering whether it might be two days as some schools seem to hold different non-interview events over two days. But now that I think about that, it probably is just one day :). Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
I think we get to pick when we interview. I went back and reread the email about the decision timeline and it says that there's a window 12/16-21 to register for interviews if you're invited, so I assume that means we get to choose.

A little over a week guys...I'm excited but also dreading Dec. 16th!

Reactions: 7 users
Are they coming out with combine degree program decisions before regular DVM pool?

Actually, I have the same question. My top choice is their DVM/MPH program, but if we were to get rejected, then we would be moved to the regular DVM pool. But this would need to happen quite a while before the Dec. 16th decision release date, right?

Actually, I have the same question. My top choice is their DVM/MPH program, but if we were to get rejected, then we would be moved to the regular DVM pool. But this would need to happen quite a while before the Dec. 16th decision release date, right?
Yeah and years previous those results were about about two weeks before regular DVM pool. I applied for the MS/DVM. I'd hope we'd hear about that before haha

Yeah and years previous those results were about about two weeks before regular DVM pool. I applied for the MS/DVM. I'd hope we'd hear about that before haha

Just found this on their website: "the Combined Program Review, is a review of applicants for the MBA/DVM, MPH/DVM, MSA/DVM, MST/DVM, PhD/DVM, or the UAF/CSU program(s). All combined program applicants will additionally be reviewed in the DVM Review."

So I suppose that they might consider the applicant in both pools at the same time, meaning that we could potentially see both decisions on the 16th?

Are they coming out with combine degree program decisions before regular DVM pool?

Don't quote me on this, but I think the interviews aren't specific to a program (e.g. There aren't special MMIs for you to do just because you're applying for the MPH/DVM or whatever). When they are accepting people I suspect they will likely consider dual degree applicants for both programs and then release decisions "all at once", so to speak. For example, say decisions are all released February 15th - they may tell dual applicants:
  • they were accepted to the combined program
  • they were wait listed for the combined program but accepted to the general DVM program
  • They were denied for the dual program and the general DVM program
  • Etc.
Things get a bit hard to tell since this is their first year to do interviews in a long time. However, the above makes sense to me in terms of CSU's admissions style. They may also release dual degree decisions a week or two earlier than general decisions, but with the lengthening of the process due to interviews it may make more sense to them to finalize all of their admissions decisions and then release them all in one go.

Just found this on their website: "the Combined Program Review, is a review of applicants for the MBA/DVM, MPH/DVM, MSA/DVM, MST/DVM, PhD/DVM, or the UAF/CSU program(s). All combined program applicants will additionally be reviewed in the DVM Review."

So I suppose that they might consider the applicant in both pools at the same time, meaning that we could potentially see both decisions on the 16th?
I will add that I think the decision on the 16th will purely be "Hey, what the heck, we should interview this person". Since everyone has to interview regardless of what program they're applying to, invitations to interview will likely not include commentary on whether they've decided to only consider your application for the combined or general program or something like that.

I think interview invitations speak to your general quality as a candidate (as in, "we could see you at this school!") and specific program decisions will be more after considering your interviews and application in conjunction.

Just to confirm, OOS (I'm from Florida) does not have to interview? This is what I've gathered from their website, since it says: "The evaluation process will involve interviews for AK, CO, NS, or WICHE candidates as part of the selection criteria for the class matriculating fall 2017." So will OOS, other than the states listed here, get an acceptance/denial notification on the 16th? Thank you! :hello:

Just to confirm, OOS (I'm from Florida) does not have to interview? This is what I've gathered from their website, since it says: "The evaluation process will involve interviews for AK, CO, NS, or WICHE candidates as part of the selection criteria for the class matriculating fall 2017." So will OOS, other than the states listed here, get an acceptance/denial notification on the 16th? Thank you! :hello:

I think everyone has to interview. I'm OOS too and the email I received said...
At end-of-day on DEC 16, Mountain TIme, candidates will receive either an “Invite-to-Interview” decision or a “Deny” decision via email and on their applicant status page.

So it doesn't look like there are any blatant acceptances, I think you either get an invite or a denial.

I think everyone has to interview. I'm OOS too and the email I received said...
At end-of-day on DEC 16, Mountain TIme, candidates will receive either an “Invite-to-Interview” decision or a “Deny” decision via email and on their applicant status page.

So it doesn't look like there are any blatant acceptances, I think you either get an invite or a denial.

Oh, okay. Rereading their email, I'm assuming NS is "non-sponsored"... whoops. Thank you!

I'm curious as to whether or not you guys are happy that there are interviews for CSU this year? I can't be the only one wishing there were no interviews. Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to get an interview. I just wish we would have final decisions mid-December so there would be less waiting to do ;)

I'm curious as to whether or not you guys are happy that there are interviews for CSU this year? I can't be the only one wishing there were no interviews. Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to get an interview. I just wish we would have final decisions mid-December so there would be less waiting to do ;)

My wallet would prefer there not

Reactions: 8 users
I agree! I thought it was just going to be interviews for IS and WICHE.

I agree! I thought it was just going to be interviews for IS and WICHE.
I'm so happy their are interviews. From my friends in vet school, you want to go somewhere we're they select people they have met rather than just on paper to make sure they get a class that works well together.

I did my masters at Colorado a few years ago and their was no interview for the class selection. As a result our class was full of type A over achievers which is great for stats but dysfunctional as a group

I'm so happy their are interviews. From my friends in vet school, you want to go somewhere we're they select people they have met rather than just on paper to make sure they get a class that works well together.

I did my masters at Colorado a few years ago and their was no interview for the class selection. As a result our class was full of type A over achievers which is great for stats but dysfunctional as a group
While I do think interviews are good in terms of getting to know candidates better, I will also add that your class will likely be filled with Type A overachievers either way. Lots of Type A people are interested in veterinary careers, though they certainly aren't all of us.

Hey guys - someone in another thread said that CSU interviews would be the weekend of Jan 14-15. Can anyone confirm this?

yes it is listed on their site and portal

Just about had a heart attack when I saw an email from CSU today... just another decision timeline reminder. It's this week guys! Hoping and praying!:luck:

Reactions: 5 users
Just about had a heart attack when I saw an email from CSU today... just another decision timeline reminder. It's this week guys! Hoping and praying!:luck:

Saw that and panicked as well haha! Good luck to you!! :)

Me too! Lol

Haha yes! I saw an email from CSU admission and my first reaction was like oh no this is before Dec 16 I must have gotten a rejection! :D
4 more days, good luck everyone!!

This is the longest week ever! o_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: 12 users
Colorado is a bit of a reach school for me but it's my dream! Hoping for some good news :)

Here's to all of us getting great news tomorrow!

Sent from my VS990 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Crossing my fingers so incredibly hard. I'm going to be so disappointed if I'm not offered an interview... CSU is my dream school and I live in Fort Collins so you know... convenience! :p

Good luck tomorrow, everyone. Let's try not to panic all day. :clown:

Crossing my fingers so incredibly hard. I'm going to be so disappointed if I'm not offered an interview... CSU is my dream school and I live in Fort Collins so you know... convenience! :p

Good luck tomorrow, everyone. Let's try not to panic all day. :clown:
Best of luck!

For what it's worth, I think they'll send out invites only after finals here are finished, which I think is around noon MST. Their site says they won't send anything until the evening, though, so none of you should obsessively check your emails until the evening. :p

Best of luck!

For what it's worth, I think they'll send out invites only after finals here are finished, which I think is around noon MST. Their site says they won't send anything until the evening, though, so none of you should obsessively check your emails until the evening. :p
Can't... resist... the obsessive... checking!

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

Looks like they sent them out earlier than the end of the day... I just got an interview invite!! :) Who else got one?