Colorado State c/o 2021 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got invited to interview! Yay!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an invite to interview as well!!!! YEAAAHHH! :D Good job guys.

Does anyone know how interviews will be done? What I mean is, are we given a date and a time or do we get to choose between January 14 and January 15? Or is it a two-day interview process for everyone? Or....? I'm hoping we have an option to choose the day and time... maybe someone has some insight?
I just registered for my interview, you get to pick a day but not the time.. somewhat inconvenient but oh well. Happy to have an interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the invite via email! I'm on my lunch break and I feel like I'm about to cry at work. I've been a nervous wreck all day. :p

Haven't received an email yet :lame: I expect this means I didn't get an interview, but perhaps they're sending out the invites in waves?

Reactions: 5 users
Haven't received an email yet :lame: I expect this means I didn't get an interview, but perhaps they're sending out the invites in waves?
In the same boat... I hope so.... sending out until end of day maybe? :nailbiting:

I'm hoping for the same thing too! Now I'm obsessively watching my email!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview :). Yay!

In the same boat... I hope so.... sending out until end of day maybe? :nailbiting:

I'm hoping for the same thing too! Now I'm obsessively watching my email!
Per the CVMBS website, everybody should either receive an interview invite or a deny today, so don't worry if you haven't gotten an email yet - they're probably taking a while to get through sending them all out and I sincerely doubt they sent out all of their invites at noon and all of their denies at night. :)

For reference, last year they had nearly 1600 people apply to their program, and I imagine sending out emails with interview decisions takes a while to get through with that many apps. Just breathe and be patient. :D

Reactions: 4 users
Yay interview! Wish they could have just accepted me last year though, lol

Reactions: 7 users
Looks like they sent them out earlier than the end of the day... I just got an interview invite!! :) Who else got one?
Congrats! What a big accomplishment! Still no sign in my inbox.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!
Still refreshing my e-mails here
...fingers crossed!

Sent from my VS990 using SDN mobile

For reference, last year they had nearly 1600 people apply to their program, and I imagine sending out emails with interview decisions takes a while to get through with that many apps. Just breathe and be patient. :D

Woah, I didn't realize CSU gets so many applicants. Several other schools were saying they got 1000+ applications for the first time ever this year!

Just booked my flight. Coming from Virginia it's gonna be an action packed weekend

Woah, I didn't realize CSU gets so many applicants. Several other schools were saying they got 1000+ applications for the first time ever this year!
Yeah, if you check out their previous class stats page they list the number of applications they receive each year. The lowest number of apps they've received in the past four years is 1550. I wonder if this year may be lower for them since they added in interviews, but if other schools are an indication they may have actually received more apps than average this cycle because there seem to be a ton of applicants in general this year. I don't think we'll really know until they publish the c/o 2021 stats next fall.

Checking on my phone, nothing for me yet. Sheesh, heart attack city :p

Checking on my phone, nothing for me yet. Sheesh, heart attack city :p
I have been home from work, sitting in the driveway in my car, for about 30 mins now, staring at my phone waiting for a new email notification.

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Don't forget to check your spam! I just found out I got an interview and it went straight to my spam folder!

omg... this wait is killing me. I'm curious to know the most recent time someone has received an email

Don't forget to check your spam! I just found out I got an interview and it went straight to my spam folder!

Haha, I even thought about that and checked my spam/junk folder--nothing there either! Still nothing yet at this moment...

I haven't gotten an email yet either. I am really hoping that those of us still waiting aren't getting rejection emails :(!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received a rejection yet? Can't stop checking my email having the WORST thoughts!!!!

Nothing here either. Having the same thoughts as the rest of you, fingers crossed for all of us!

I bet there are more coming considering how many of you guys are still waiting. Good luck!!

Denied for MPH/DVM program per portal page - which I suppose they consider differently from the regular pool then? Haven't heard about my status for the regular pool through e-mail or the portal...dying inside right now!!

Still nothing. The not knowing sucks!

You know, maybe they do have separate lists for interview and deny, and all the interviews have already been sent out. My mind is wandering into anxiety territory right now! Do denied applicants even get e-mails? "Invite-to-Interview notices will be sent via email and posted here on your application status at end of day on DEC 16, Mountain Time. Please know "Deny" decisions will also be posted here on the application status page. Please continue to check your application status page for more information and watch your email." It sounds like only interviews will be sent by e-mail but deny decisions are on the status page?

Denied for MPH/DVM program per portal page - which I suppose they consider differently from the regular pool then? Haven't heard about my status for the regular pool through e-mail or the portal...dying inside right now!!

As I know from watching past threads, dual degree decisions are separate. meaning, a denial for dual degree meant you were still considered for a regular DVM with no negative impacts on your application. not sure how this interview thing will change that though.

You know, maybe they do have separate lists for interview and deny, and all the interviews have already been sent out.

With not one deny yet (other than the dual program), I find myself thinking the same thing. Possibly mass email/portal update this morning for those being offered interviews and a deny coming tonight for those who haven't heard? Stay strong my friends, and maybe drink a delicious beer and make a peanut butter pie to pass the time! ;-)

I am with you guys on this one. I haven't received anything yet, and I can only think bad things..... Like they are going to send the declines tonight or something. UGH!!! The anticipation is a killer!!!

I am with you guys on this one. I haven't received anything yet, and I can only think bad things..... Like they are going to send the declines tonight or something. UGH!!! The anticipation is a killer!!!
the email they sent specificaly says that we will get an invite or deny by email AND on our status page by the end of the day today

Denied...I'm guessing my GPA wasn't high enough. But there were a lot of people that applied! - "This year, the applicant pool consisted of approximately 2,150 candidates."

Oh! Denied also, but yeah, that applicant pool was huge! Those receiving interview invites should really give themselves a pat on the back!

Denied too. Ah well. 4 more schools to hear back from so it's not over yet!

No email, but I did log into the portal. Rejected :(

Is it usually snowy and icy on the roads in January? Meaning--if I am renting a car and getting in maybe around midnight the day of my interview, is it safe to drive to a hotel near the school or is there a specific type of rental car I should think about getting? I've never driven in snowy weather (and I'm sure it's not good to start learning in the middle of the night).

Also denied, I'm guessing we were right in that all of us who didn't get anything this AM were going to get rejected :(

So I did not receive any email but I just checked the portal and it's a deny..
It was not shown on the status page either, but there is a link to a letter saying "... Regrettably, we are unable to offer you admission to the DVM Program this year. Your application will not be considered further in this application cycle. ..."

Congratulations to everyone who gets an interview!! You should really be proud of yourself!

Also denied, I'm guessing we were right in that all of us who didn't get anything this AM were going to get rejected :(
For those of you who got denials, did you ever receive an email? I still haven't received any email. I'm also wondering about the portal, because I was assuming you guys meant the account for our supplemental application. Looking at that I only see "submitted." So, just curious as to how those who are denied know that for sure?

Yeah just checked my portal, rejected :(

Okay Coopah...if you got denied, tbh makes me feel better about myself. You seem like the model applicant, I guess there were just too many applications to go through.

For those of you who got denials, did you ever receive an email? I still haven't received any email. I'm also wondering about the portal, because I was assuming you guys meant the account for our supplemental application. Looking at that I only see "submitted." So, just curious as to how those who are denied know that for sure?

No I did not get an email and I went to check my portal. It looks like you'll get an email only if you are invited to interview.
You should be able to click your application and to "open application". That's the same webpage I used to track my GRE grades. Hope this helps!