Colorado State c/o 2021 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone is looking for roommates / an apartment, please PM me. I found an absolutely gorgeous house (3br, 2ba, $2050, pets ok) with updated kitchen etc, and I know it will move fast.

Members don't see this ad.

Just declined my offer as I received an in-state offer elsewhere, so someone should be getting off of the wait list!

I have accepted :D

I need a place t0 live but I have 6 dogs, one cat, 4 horses (maybe less horses when I move up there)... HELP! Lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I have a question that probably pertains more to current students. It looks like tuition for sponsored students or in-state students has gone up almost 7% from last year. It looks like it increased about the same amount the previous year. Do you feel the 7% increase in tuition is pretty standard at CSU? Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I'll be applying this cycle as a non-traditional applicant, and just reading about your collective experience has gotten me super excited, but also terrified of the process. Are any of you willing to describe your interview experience? I'm just wondering how the MMI's were compared to a traditional interview.
Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I'll be applying this cycle as a non-traditional applicant, and just reading about your collective experience has gotten me super excited, but also terrified of the process. Are any of you willing to describe your interview experience? I'm just wondering how the MMI's were compared to a traditional interview.
Thanks!

CSU was super chill with the MMI compared to another school I interviewed at. They made the process as painless and comfortable as it could be. I really felt like everyone was rooting for us to do well. I don't think we are supposed to talk about specifics, but as the name suggests it's just a group of mini interviews back to back. The stations covered a wide variety of scenarios and questions. Some were more straightforward, while some were a bit more enjoyable/creative. Each room has a main question or scenario and some rooms have additional follow-up questions. You can look up sample questions online if you want to practice. I did that because I was super stressed, but I don't think it helped at all honestly. Best of luck :)

(I feel like I posted almost this same exact thing earlier in this thread, so sorry if that's the case and I just forgot... I hope it helps a bit regardless)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Declined my offer. Hope someone here gets the spot! :)

In case anyone isn't aware, there has been a facebook page created called ' CSU DVM Class of 2021' or something close to that :)

Hi everyone!
Not technically a member of the class of 2021 as I'm in a combined program, and won't be matriculated until 2018! was wondering if anyone else was in one of them? Also @gracefire...horses? Any ideas where your keeping them? Looking for a a place for mine!
Nice to meet everyone even if we won't be running the same circles!
-Allie

Is anyone else here on the waitlist for CSU? I am anxiously waiting to hear and wondering if anyone else has heard anything yet.

Last edited:
I just got off the waitlist!!! Anyone know if there is a facebook page for admitted students?

Reactions: 1 users
I just got off the waitlist!!! Anyone know if there is a facebook page for admitted students?
There is! I think it's technically only for students who have accepted a spot in the class, but if you request to join someone will probably add you on (any member can approve a request). It's called CSU Vet Med Class of 2021

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted off the alternate list OOS! I was also offered a scholarship, so whoever was told first years don't get those... it's possible!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I have a question that probably pertains more to current students. It looks like tuition for sponsored students or in-state students has gone up almost 7% from last year. It looks like it increased about the same amount the previous year. Do you feel the 7% increase in tuition is pretty standard at CSU? Thanks!
I did undergrad there, tuition goes up every year. Usually at least 5%, it's crazy. Now going for vet school OOS

Accepted off the waitlist today for out of state but will be declining my seat. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Good afternoon friends, congrats to everyone that was taken off the waitlist; still hoping to hear about mine haha. Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows if CSU will do a file review for me so I know how to better improve for next year's application? Does anyone know the process if they do? Thanks!

Good afternoon friends, congrats to everyone that was taken off the waitlist; still hoping to hear about mine haha. Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows if CSU will do a file review for me so I know how to better improve for next year's application? Does anyone know the process if they do? Thanks!
Hey there! I am also still waiting, feeling less and less hopeful. Unfortunately they do not do file reviews or give personal application feedback. They do have a self review packet on their website I believe :/

Hi everyone!
Not technically a member of the class of 2021 as I'm in a combined program, and won't be matriculated until 2018! was wondering if anyone else was in one of them? Also @gracefire...horses? Any ideas where your keeping them? Looking for a a place for mine!
Nice to meet everyone even if we won't be running the same circles!
-Allie
Not quite but working hard on that front! I have a friend who talked about buying a horse property and she would let me keep my ponies there but not sure if that's happening! I'll let you know.. you can message me if you want!

Not quite but working hard on that front! I have a friend who talked about buying a horse property and she would let me keep my ponies there but not sure if that's happening! I'll let you know.. you can message me if you want!
Its definitely happening, the boyfriend just needs to get a job up there first :) but we don't know when all these things are happening, hopefully by August

Not sure how many acres, but we are planning to buy something up there!

Its definitely happening, the boyfriend just needs to get a job up there first :) but we don't know when all these things are happening, hopefully by August

Not sure how many acres, but we are planning to buy something up there!
Um, hey, this has nothing to do with the above conversation but I just had to say the horse in your picture is just lovely! Also, congrats on getting into CSU!

Um, hey, this has nothing to do with the above conversation but I just had to say the horse in your picture is just lovely! Also, congrats on getting into CSU!
Haha thank you :) he's our stallion and such a good boy, his good looks don't hurt either though! Lol
Your foal is adorable too, it's so cool when you get to hang out with them that soon after birth!

Haha thank you :) he's our stallion and such a good boy, his good looks don't hurt either though! Lol
Your foal is adorable too, it's so cool when you get to hang out with them that soon after birth!

Oh yeah, current spring occupation is horse midwife. Foaled 250+ this year, waiting on three! We get all up in their business right after birth to make sure everything is ok. Once we dip the navel, give an enema, take some varification pics and test the mares colostrum we leave them alone. Got this pic on my birthday!

Hi Guys

I didn't find another thread about this so I was hoping one of you could help me
I am applying to CSU this year and I am confused about how long you have to take the GRE
I already took it , but I plan to take it again (to increase my quant score for Davis ) on August 28th
Is that too late for CSU ?

Hi Guys

I didn't find another thread about this so I was hoping one of you could help me
I am applying to CSU this year and I am confused about how long you have to take the GRE
I already took it , but I plan to take it again (to increase my quant score for Davis ) on August 28th
There's a CSU C/O 2022 thread. This was discussed somewhere else though I can't remember if it was 2022 hopefuls, vmcas 2022 or of it was on apvma on fb. If you can't find the discussion call or email csu directly and ask.

Hi Guys

Under their 'entrance requirements' page they have August 11th as the last day to take the GRE. On another section, the 'application procedures' I think, it says to take it by then to ensure that you can report your scores in time. Seeing as it takes about a week or two for your the scores to come in I'm not sure if you could take it after that date if you can still enter them in time?

Under their 'entrance requirements' page they have August 11th as the last day to take the GRE. On another section, the 'application procedures' I think, it says to take it by then to ensure that you can report your scores in time. Seeing as it takes about a week or two for your the scores to come in I'm not sure if you could take it after that date if you can still enter them in time?
Yeah ! I asked them and they said it HAS to be to them by sept 15th

Hi! I got have an interview at CSU in a couple weeks. I am very excited and nervous. Could anyone tell me a rough number how many people interview at CSU each year? Thanks!