Colorado State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you check your spam?
Ya no email. Seems to be pretty common from previous posts, I came on here and saw ppl posting to check their status page.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS rejection, not a surprise since they did not do interviews... Expected it after Michigan rejected me 😬

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS accepted omg this doesnt even feel real... if anyone here is a current oos student from CA i'd love to ask you some questions!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations to everyone who was accepted. If anyone has any questions about CSU feel free to ask, I’m a year 0 in the DVM/MBA program.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if/when there will be a facebook group made for accepted/alternate students?

Does anyone know if/when there will be a facebook group made for accepted/alternate students?
Not for a while. One wasn’t made for the ‘24 class until June. Let’s wait until after April when people have accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?? :) I was really hoping to get into VetPrep but it didn't happen :(
Of course! I’m a non-traditional student, 26yrs old. My Overall GPA was a 3.5 and my last 45 were a 3.46, I have close to 8,000+ hrs SA, 300+ LA, 200+ exotics, and 450+ equine. I also did 3 research projects etc... Additionally, I fell under almost every single descriptor as disadvantaged.

OOS (but from a WICHE state) accepted! Does anyone know how much money students usually get in grants over the course of 4 years? Unless they have substantial institutional grants for their students, I will likely go with a cheaper school which would open up a spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird that they didn't send an email for status updates. I checked my portal sure enough there was a status right at the top: nonsponsored alternate.
same!! my status was changed to nonsponsored alternate yesterday but I did not get ANY emails....! (I checked my portal cuz everyone seemed to have the updated status and I was too on the portal)

same!! my status was changed to nonsponsored alternate yesterday but I did not get ANY emails....! (I checked my portal cuz everyone seemed to have the updated status and I was too on the portal)
Same! I still haven’t gotten an email update.

Does anybody with all prereqs finished at application find a "Spring Semester Transcript Awaiting" on their page? I'm wondering if I should call and ask, or is this just an update for all admitted students.

I am a DVM/MBA alternate. Anyone here accepted into the program? Anyone here an alternate for the program?

• Love
Does anybody with all prereqs finished at application find a "Spring Semester Transcript Awaiting" on their page? I'm wondering if I should call and ask, or is this just an update for all admitted students.
I have the same thing. I am an alternate and just submitted my fall transcript. I am assuming I would submit it when I complete spring semester.

Mine does too

I'm an DVM/DVM alternate too but IS. Do you have any idea how many are in our waitlist pool?
No idea lol I'm not even sure how many actually applied to the program either

No idea lol I'm not even sure how many actually applied to the program either
I have been told that on average there are about 50 applicants and they only accept 5. But, this year's total applicant pool is much larger than normal, so I have no idea. I am hopeful though!

OOS rejected. To those rejected please don't be too hard on yourself! There were SO many applicants this cycle. I truly believe we'll get in where we're meant to go :) To those accepted/alternates congrats!! Colorado is an awesome state I hope you all love it if you go there :)

Reactions: 8 users
Current Colorado students... I saw that they don't offer scholarships to first years but I was just wondering like generally how generous they tend to be with scholarship money after first year? Thanks for the input :)

Anyone know how many alternates for OOS they usually give out?

I believe at around 51? I listened to a podcast with someone from their admissions staff that said they will offer about 4 acceptances per one seat because of the high rate of students that decline for their in state or cheaper tuition at another school.
Can you link me the podcast?

Current Colorado students... I saw that they don't offer scholarships to first years but I was just wondering like generally how generous they tend to be with scholarship money after first year? Thanks for the input :)
First years are generally not offered scholarships because almost all scholarships at CSU for the DVM program are merit based. I only know of 2 people that for sure received scholarships this year from my class, I know there were likely more but I've only heard of the two. They originally made it seem like everyone would get something but most of my friends didn't get anything. I would personally recommend applying for as many scholarships as possible (external ones especially, like the Merck and AVMF Auxiliary scholarships--these are for second and third years but good to have in your toolbox to know about).

OOS alternate -- Does anyone have any idea what the chances of being accepted as an OOS alternate are?

It sounds to me like there are a lot of alternates...I’m thinking that they probably waitlist more than they reject

It sounds to me like there are a lot of alternates...I’m thinking that they probably waitlist more than they reject
You have to remember that over 75% of applicants, maybe even closer to like 80% of applicants, aren't on this forum. There were 3500+ applicants so there would definitely be more rejections than alternates.

I'm not sure the exact ratio of accepted to alternate. I do think Dr. Delcambre has said that they make approximately 4 offers for every seat, but I'm unsure if that is straight acceptances or if that includes alternates. They do this because there are a large number of accepted people that will reject their seats due to getting into their IS school or they just decide they cannot make the tuition work for them.

I'm not sure how many people are put on the alternate list but I am pretty sure that the OOS waitlist does move quickly for the same reasons that I mentioned above. I think they also don't give ranks because if someone rejects, I'm thinking that they choose someone that is similar to replace them. I believe it all comes from them trying to make a well rounded and diverse class. They basically do another holistic review with the waitlist people to see who would best fit into the class based on who reject their seat.

Reactions: 3 users
Ah, I can't recall the episode but the podcast is Podcast a Vet!
Dr. Gretchen Delcambre’s podcast interview:

Her husband, Dr. Jeremy Delcambre (they met as students at LSU), is one of the first year anatomy instructors. His podcast is worth a listen, too.

Reactions: 1 users
As someone who was offered a first year scholarship, I can speak on this. I wouldn't hold out hope as they are few and far between, as danseth mentioned, I think I only know one other classmate who was offered one. As far as the size of the scholarship, I can only speak on my behalf, but if I was an OOS applicant it wouldn't have been enough to make CSU cheaper than my other options. However, as an in state resident this was already the cheapest of the schools I was accepted to

Any dual-degree students: did you feel disconnected from the vet program your first year? For MPH-DVM the first year is spent on the MPH and then I'd enter the DVM class of 2026. Does this mean I'd do coating ceremonies, orientations, etc. my second year at the college?

As someone who was offered a first year scholarship, I can speak on this. I wouldn't hold out hope as they are few and far between, as danseth mentioned, I think I only know one other classmate who was offered one. As far as the size of the scholarship, I can only speak on my behalf, but if I was an OOS applicant it wouldn't have been enough to make CSU cheaper than my other options. However, as an in state resident this was already the cheapest of the schools I was accepted to
Would you mind if I ask your stats and declared interest when you applied last year? I just cannot help but hoping...

Would you mind if I ask your stats and declared interest when you applied last year? I just cannot help but hoping...

Of course! You can find my stats in the successful applicants c/o 2024 thread and I believe I declared interest undecided in specialty but with an emphasis on potentially internal medicine

Also to clarify, I am an OOS student and was offered a scholarship first year that was substantial but you don’t apply for it and they just choose two people per class. I honestly didn’t even know they offered them for IS students.

They just choose you for whatever reason that they choose people for.

I was mostly referring to second year scholarships in my last post though. For upper years they’re always merit based and some have random requirements like you must be a PA or NJ resident. They’re there but I haven’t heard of many people that have received them.

Any dual-degree students: did you feel disconnected from the vet program your first year? For MPH-DVM the first year is spent on the MPH and then I'd enter the DVM class of 2026. Does this mean I'd do coating ceremonies, orientations, etc. my second year at the college?

You’re only disconnected in the fact that you won’t share any DVM classes with anyone. You can still participate in vet clubs, attend meetings (virtually these days), and meet vet students. But the actually veterinary curriculum for you starts during your 2nd year of graduate school which includes coating ceremony and the actual DVM orientation.

As an MBA/DVM we take a few DVM courses, so I’ve made friends via those classes, but I’ve met 2 of the MPH students and they’re doing fine as far as “connecting”. Feel free to join clubs too if that will help you feel more involved. I’m the Cardiology Chair of the Internal Med club and VP of the VBMA, so it’s definitely possible to be a part of the vet student extracurriculars.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about 4th year practicum/ rotates at CSU. How many required rotations and how many open rotations are there? And are there options to do rotations outside of the VTH? Could not find much information about this on the website (unless I just missed it). Thanks!

Okay I know in the realm of importance things this is quite low.... but I’ve been so excited about my acceptance and wanting to get a CSU CVM tshirt or hat or something and I absolutely cannot find anything on the internet except one RedBubble-made print. Is there any official merch for the CVM? (I’ve gotta start replacing the mountain of penn state gear I’ve acquired😂)

• Care
Okay I know in the realm of importance things this is quite low.... but I’ve been so excited about my acceptance and wanting to get a CSU CVM tshirt or hat or something and I absolutely cannot find anything on the internet except one RedBubble-made print. Is there any official merch for the CVM? (I’ve gotta start replacing the mountain of penn state gear I’ve acquired😂)
OMG I had the same issue LOL

• Haha
So I just saw a comment on a post on the APVMA Facebook page saying they received around 3500 applications this year... does anyone know how accurate that is because that seems incredibly high!
Add on to this - where did the extra 1000 people come from?

also, how competitive (comparatively) is the 2+2 University of Alaska Fairbanks partnership? I haven’t been able to find any solid info. If I reapply I’m specifically interested in that program, more so than Colorado’s primary one

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about 4th year practicum/ rotates at CSU. How many required rotations and how many open rotations are there? And are there options to do rotations outside of the VTH? Could not find much information about this on the website (unless I just missed it). Thanks!
I work at the at the VTH in a few different areas. I can ask a 4th year to break it down for me and I can relay the info back here.

I do know there are options for outside of CSU. Let’s say you want to pursue a specialty like Zoo med. You can apply to any externship or setup through networking your own rotation anywhere in the country to gain that extra knowledge and experience.

I’ll have more info Saturday unless someone else is able to provide better information.

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if there are plans to have any info sessions for admitted students?

Add on to this - where did the extra 1000 people come from?

also, how competitive (comparatively) is the 2+2 University of Alaska Fairbanks partnership? I haven’t been able to find any solid info. If I reapply I’m specifically interested in that program, more so than Colorado’s primary one
They accept around 10-12 people a year, most of them being Alaska residents. I was looking into this when applying too!

Attachments

• D26745BF-163F-480D-95C0-8CA18877AD5B.png
    D26745BF-163F-480D-95C0-8CA18877AD5B.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 136