Solved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prokaryotes

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about Step 2 averages - frankly med students don't study for it as much - this will change, and so will the exam, moving forward.

In your position, I would choose between Colorado and Florida - whichever one you like more. Both should have good radiology and anesthesia matches.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the input! Although I'm curious why you picked those two over VCU?

Nothing against VCU, its a good medical school and will set you up for success. Just sounded like you were more excited about Florida and Colorado. Also think that Colorado and Florida have slightly better reputations and more resources overall. I'd be happy to go to any of them.

Reactions: 1 user
well if we factor out Step 2 scores from your lists, VCU literally has no significant cons. Just something to consider. Can't go wrong with any of them

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I'd go to Colorado with family close by willing to help. Quality of life might be best there too. I loath Florida. Humid weather, politics, ugly landscape. CO wins hands down from that perspective. All are good choices though.

With STEP 1 going pass/fail, some people are speculating that school name/rank might matter more. Since it’s only speculation, take this with a grain of salt, but personally I would choose Colorado in this case. (Just my opinion)

Reactions: 2 users
If you want to talk about the recent reddit posts about CO, please PM me! I attended a Q&A where students addressed it and also some deans spoke about it in a different Q&A. I have a little summary regarding a few topics from the posts.

Reactions: 1 user