Colorado Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bioteach

MSIV
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any waitlist movement yet? I am in the "middle tier" of the waitlist and am going in to meet with the admissions next week regarding the waitlist. I'm not sure what they are going to tell me, if anything, but they seem to encourage waitlisters to come in and meet with them. Anyone else in this boat?

I've been accepted elsewhere, so I suppose I'm going to have to arbitrarily decide on a "deadline" for moving from Colorado to Ohio this summer. Hopefully they will be able to estimate when the major waitlist shift will take place (obviously some time after May 15th).

Does anyone else know if this meeting with the adcomm for waitlisters is very informative?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to the meeting the week after next. I'm in the bottom third though, and won't be reapplying, so I'm pretty sure it's gonna be pointless for me to go lol.

nothing yet. I was told not to worry until after may 15th. yeah right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the dress code is for these meetings? I seem to remember him saying casual...

yeah he said casual. I am wearing scrubs (because I have to go directly to work afterward) if I go to mine.

I figured I'd dress nicely, but casual. I don't know how helpful the meeting will be since Sean said that they don't tell us our actual order on the waitlist, just the tier.

I'm going to the meeting the week after next. I'm in the bottom third though, and won't be reapplying, so I'm pretty sure it's gonna be pointless for me to go lol.
You and I are very similar... nearly identical stats and both only waitlisted. I really don't see how CU could justify not accepting you...

You and I are very similar... nearly identical stats and both only waitlisted. I really don't see how CU could justify not accepting you...

right back at ya :)

but yeah at my interview I seriously felt like the youngest one there and the only one who didn't have a phd or a masters or something like that. all my other interviews were a bunch of kids like me. maybe CU just gets a different "type" of premed regardless of stats? who knows.

well the purpose of the meeting, as I understand it and based on what I've heard from people who have attended the waitlist meetings in years past, is that Sean goes over your application defining your strengths and weaknesses so that you can be more competitive if you choose to reapply next year. It doesn't affect your standing this year so it wouldn't make sense to tell you exactly where you stand on the waitlist.

It does affect your standing this year. If you are in the top third or the middle third (basically if you have any chance at all of coming off the waitlist), they take into account if you were willing to meet about your application.

It does affect your standing this year. If you are in the top third or the middle third (basically if you have any chance at all of coming off the waitlist), they take into account if you were willing to meet about your application.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information. Sean told me that it didn't affect your standing this year.

bump. here's hoping

How have the alternate list meetings been going? I’m OOS so I scheduled a phone call with Dean Wagoner instead of going to a session. Other than her being incredibly nice and supportive, I can’t say it helped all that much. There really wasn’t anything specific she could point to for improvement, it seemed like the basic message was that it is a very competitive process and better luck next time. Anyone getting really detailed feedback from these meetings? Hopefully there will be some movement in the coming weeks!

I dropped my spot 2 days ago. I wish one of you guys gets my spot. Wish you the best luck:luck:

How have the alternate list meetings been going? I’m OOS so I scheduled a phone call with Dean Wagoner instead of going to a session. Other than her being incredibly nice and supportive, I can’t say it helped all that much. There really wasn’t anything specific she could point to for improvement, it seemed like the basic message was that it is a very competitive process and better luck next time. Anyone getting really detailed feedback from these meetings? Hopefully there will be some movement in the coming weeks!

Basically everyone received a printout showing where they stood (GPA, BCPM GPA and MCAT) compared to the rest of the applicant pool. At the bottom of the printout was a paragraph from Dean Wagoner that briefly evaluated your application. If there was something major to change it was listed there. Most people who made it to the waitlist at CU are pretty strong applicants to begin with so there was not much to say. Just that this year was especially competative and in past years the waitlist people likely would have gotten in with their applications. Just a really tough year.

Just thought ya'll would want to know I just got in! I was on the upper 1/3 of the waitlist... OOS.

I'll probably be withdrawing after finaid offers, but it's a great school, so no guarantees. If I do, I hope my spot goes to one of you, though!

Congrats DoctorDreamer! First Dartmouth, then here, man I wish I was in your shoes! Hopefully there will be good news soon for the rest of us still waiting!

Anyone hear anything lately? I'm going to call at the end of the month (friday, probably) to see how much movement has occurred. Sean predicted that there wouldn't be as much this year as in past years due to interest in the brand spankin' new campus, so it'll be interesting to see if his prediction is holding true.

I don't think Sean's back until Monday, he's on a little vacation. At least that's what he told us at our meeting. I'd like to hear some good news from him for sure Monday though!

So I called yesterday and talked to Willa. She said that the waitlist was moving slow, just like they expected. She anticipated that they would just barely make it out of the the top tier this year. Disappointing, but that is what Sean predicted at the waitlist meeting.

Well, I released my spot last week, so that's at least one more... I've got my fingers crossed for you!