Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJ Trauma

Spin, Spin, Spin!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this program? Any current students or residents out there?

I interviewed there a while ago. The residents were really great and seem pretty happy, and I know it's supposed to be a very strong IM program, but the PD seemed a little unexcited an uninvolved. I don't know if he's always like that, or if it was just that day. Also, they changed IM chairs recently and I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any stability issues in the program.

I don't know, maybe I'm fishing, but something seemed a little bit off.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there recently. My main problem with Colorado is a lack of camaraderie compared to other large IM programs. For example, many interns still cannot recognize everyone in their class. I went to the pre-interview dinner and was asked a couple times by housestaff if I was an intern or an applicant. I think this is a little sketchy as they have now been working together for 6 months....maybe it's because they're spread out over 5 hospitals. The housestaff did not seem to mind this atmosphere and actually seemed very happy, but it's not the right place for me.

Regarding the stability issue, I was told during my interview that many faculty left when the chair changed. Those people supposedly left because they received significant promotions elsewhere, not because they were running away from the program.