Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reddpoint

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if residents or med students had any thought on Colorado. Im trying to triage some of my interview invites and need help deciding on whether to go or not. Basically Im deciding between Colorado, Mich, Wash U, Northwestern, Washington etc. Im guessing that some might say that fellowship choices might be better at some of these other school but I wonder if this is really true. Any thoughts on the training, resident etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if residents or med students had any thought on Colorado. Im trying to triage some of my interview invites and need help deciding on whether to go or not. Basically Im deciding between Colorado, Mich, Wash U, Northwestern, Washington etc. Im guessing that some might say that fellowship choices might be better at some of these other school but I wonder if this is really true. Any thoughts on the training, resident etc?

i'm not a colorado student/resident, but several IM grads from my program are currently at colorado. i've heard great things from these students (and our medicine chair) - moderate to high level of autonomy, very good training for hospitalist medicine or pulmonary/critical care among other fields, and an awesome city if you like the outdoors. as you can tell, i'm interested in learning more about their program. i'm sure current students/residents can probably offer more details....

Last year I had a very difficult time deciding as michigan and colorado as my #1 and #2. In the end I went with Michigan as #1 and ended up here.
Both great programs overall, but have many differences.
After visiting both places, ask yourself which program will better help you with your career goals? Which place do you fit in more? Where would you be happier living?

As far as training, they'll be great at either place. Fellowships - I think michigan has a slight edge, but don't think for a second that you're at a disadvantage coming from Colorado.

Feel free to PM me with questions.