Colorless photo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreeGucciMane

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it Ok to upload a photo of an ID card that lacks color, as a photo for my secondary app?

its my most professional and best looking photo

Members don't see this ad.

its probably worth a few bucks to get someone at walgreens to take and print a picture of you in a suit.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Literally a photo of an ID card? Like a scan of your driver's license? I think you could do better...

Reactions: 1 users
Is it Ok to upload a photo of an ID card that lacks color, as a photo for my secondary app?

its my most professional and best looking photo
You should just take a new pic of yourself dressed/styled professionally on your camera or phone. It's free and easy

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

You should just take a new pic of yourself dressed/styled professionally on your camera or phone. It's free and easy

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
im already dressed professionally in the photo its just black and white but looks good

im already dressed professionally in the photo its just black and white but looks good

NO. Go take a real picture. Dress up, stand infront of a neutral color wall, have someone take a picture of you. You don't need to go to walgreens and pay $7 so some 18 year old clerk can take a picture of you with a digital camera (literally what happened last time I did this).

Reactions: 3 users
You've spent how many hours on your application?
What does it say when you appear to care so little about how you present yourself?

Reactions: 4 users
You've spent how many hours on your application?
What does it say when you appear to care so little about how you present yourself?
true i just thought it was for verification purposes

At some of my interviews, they actually pulled up my photo as I was walking in. I was glad I coughed up 15$ to take a nice professional photo with my hair styled and me smiling. It gave a positive impression and I got a nice souvenir from my time applying to med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're just asking about if a black and white photo is acceptable, I think B&W is fine. My photo was black and white, but is very professional looking. However, it is a new photo that I took for the app cycle. I would avoid taking a picture off of an ID. Likely, you would be sacrificing quality by taking a photo of your ID.

I don't understand why people take risks with such an easy part of the application. It's like a football team volunteering to kick all of their extra points from the 40 yard line. They might still make it, but why risk it?

Is that the explanation for these sepia tone photos!?

Sepia is so five years ago. "dog face filter" is the new hotness.

Reactions: 1 user
I've also gotten some pretty awful snapchat filters.

A student will be expelled this year for playing Pokemon Go in a protected area of their med school or hospital. I'm calling it now.

Reactions: 1 user
A student will be expelled this year for playing Pokemon Go in a protected area of their med school or hospital. I'm calling it now.

I can see people having their friends take pictures of them next to pokemon and using it as their app photo.

Got any friends skilled with photoshop or image editing tools?

Take a simple (but high resolution) picture in front of a white wall, and with a bit of editing (nothing extreme or instagram like), it can look very nice. Take it during the day in a room with a lot of light exposure. I don't suggest selfies, the camera distorts the face with a bit of fisheye effect from close distance. Might make you better looking in a lot of cases lol but it looks unprofessional. Take a few and ask your friends/family which represents your appearance best.

That or just go to a kinkos, costco, etc. anywhere that takes passport photos for cheap.