Columbia AEGD stipend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalQT

UMDNJ '09
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the AEGD at Columbia in NYC pays. I couldn't quite find that info either.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard it is ~28K to 30K, and this is before taxes. So look to be taking out a loan as well. About the program: its like 5th yr of dental school, no assistants work with you and it is a production based (producing $$$) otherwise you wont recieve a certificate at the end. Hope this was helpful.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah International Students do have to pay fees of 35K i believe. 'Production Based' means you have earn a certain amount of money for the school. If you dont reach that limit by the end of the year, you do not get your certificate.
Hope this helps.

Not to mention Sparty, the program is no good. My friend in the program right now wishing he went somewhere else. Dont be fooled by the name. I know that UCLA, UOP, Case, Temple, Texas, UConn and Lutheran in New York are amongst the best AEGD programs.

Not to mention Sparty, the program is no good. My friend in the program right now wishing he went somewhere else. Dont be fooled by the name. I know that UCLA, UOP, Case, Temple, Texas, UConn and Lutheran in New York are amongst the best AEGD programs.

UOP's AEGD program is not too good..

Columbia pays you $36,500 if you are from US dental school; exact figure.

International has to pay, not certain of exact amount.

Columbia pays you $36,500 if you are from US dental school; exact figure.

International has to pay, not certain of exact amount.

You have to be kidding. I know a guy who just finished the program from their and he was from Class of 08 at UConn Dental. He told me the exact figure was more like 28K and that the program director is real full of himself since him and his former classmates run the restorative dental department there. He pretty much sits in his office and expects students to get their work done on their own. What he also told me is if you do not meet a production requirement there, you do not recieve a certificate or possibly have to stay over. What ever you do people, dont go here! I did not hear pleasant things.

You have to be kidding. I know a guy who just finished the program from their and he was from Class of 08 at UConn Dental. He told me the exact figure was more like 28K and that the program director is real full of himself since him and his former classmates run the restorative dental department there. He pretty much sits in his office and expects students to get their work done on their own. What he also told me is if you do not meet a production requirement there, you do not recieve a certificate or possibly have to stay over. What ever you do people, dont go here! I did not hear pleasant things.

I'm in the program now, and $36,500 is what I'm getting paid. :)

It seems pretty good so far, I'll post again few months down the road with +/- feedbacks.

From what my friends who have gone through the program have said, and from some attendings/administrators at other hospital GPRs, the comments have ranged from "weak" to "****hole".

Again, heresay, so I guess take w/ grain of salt.

Hi there..does anyone know if after doing the aegd programme in U.S if i can apply for the licencing exam in canada.If soemeone has done that please let me know of the process.