Columbia: App Complete to Interview Time Frame

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lorienne7

Austenophile
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you with interview invites at Columbia, how long after you were complete did you get your invite?

Members don't see this ad.

i was complete 7/31 and i have yet to hear from them....that is true for many of the schools i've applied to...:(

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete in early August and still haven't heard anything. Still hopeful, but we'll see.

i was complete 7/31 and i have yet to hear from them....that is true for many of the schools i've applied to...:(

I was complete around then too, haven't heard so much as a wet fart from the admissions committee. What was I thinking applying to tier 1 schools? I must have been on crack.

i was complete in mid sept and i just got my invite yesterday...

I was complete on 8/28, and received an invite via snail mail on 9/5 for 9/28.

Isn't Columbia non-rolling? Do they just schedule interviews as you get them and make a final decision together?

they mail you an invite, mine came about 6 weeks after completing secondary

Isn't Columbia non-rolling? Do they just schedule interviews as you get them and make a final decision together?

Columbia IS non-rolling. They give out all initial acceptances in late-Feb/early-Mar.

Is anyone else writing the secondary, I dunno..., right now :(?

i was complete in mid sept and i just got my invite yesterday...

wow...that's so awesome!!...congrats...was it by mail? I'm still waiting and kinda slowly giving up hope, but you have made me rehopeful:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Was complete on 9/29. Invite today.

Invite was mailed about 1 week after completion, my secondary was in about 6 weeks before I became complete but my LORs were pretty late. I think they may have looked at my app prior to my LORs coming in.

For those who got interview invites, did they also send you an email?
I am hoping mine got lost in the mail or something. :D

Do they send you an e-mail when you're complete?

wow...that's so awesome!!...congrats...was it by mail? I'm still waiting and kinda slowly giving up hope, but you have made me rehopeful:)

Yup, it was by mail! I had kinda given up hope too, but I guess some reviewers just really are slower than others...it's strange though because I was offered a date in Dec while I have friends invited weeks ago with later dates...not sure how they plan it out....but good luck!! :)

About 5 weeks. They notify you by snail mail.

Anyone complete after Oct.13 got an invite from Columbia yet?

completed 10-26, invited 11-13

I called Columbia today and they said my application is still in committee and under review. Weird how some people's applications take longer than others to get reviewed.

My friend was complete at Yale in Mid September and I was complete in Mid October, but I received an interview invite 3 weeks earlier than him.

lol i haven't heard back i was complete haha on Dec 1 so yea what did i expect.

Thanks for all of your responses guys! I got my invite today, so it took about 4ish weeks for me :)

EDIT: I was complete on 10/26 and got the invite 11/30

seeing that Columbia is not rolling, I'm assuming they send out the interview invites in the order of highest scores/credentials. knowing my credentials compared to others who are applying to the school, my name should be in the file folder: "scrap paper" :oops:

seeing that Columbia is not rolling, I'm assuming they send out the interview invites in the order of highest scores/credentials. knowing my credentials compared to others who are applying to the school, my name should be in the file folder: "scrap paper" :oops:

obviously not true. see my mdapps