Columbia application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ziggy08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Does Columbia notify you when they receive your picture in the mail? Because I sent mine a few weeks ago with the wrong postage (39 cents instead of 41 cents.... I was in Africa since May and completely forgot about the postage change when I got back)..... and I'm not sure if the mail got there or not.

I've emailed them about this, but they haven't replied back. Should I just send them another picture?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if you didn't send in your photo yet, you might get this email. I'm not sure if this is automated or if someone sent it after noticing that there wasn't a photo in my file.

Dear Applicant,

This email is to inform you that your application for admission is incomplete and will be evaluated by the Committee on Admissions when we receive your photo. The deadline for submission of materials is December 15, 2007.

You must mail a passport size photo with your name and SSN written on the back to:

Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Office of Admissions
630 West 168th Street, Box 41
New York, NY 10032

Thank you
Admissions Office

Well, if you didn't send in your photo yet, you might get this email. I'm not sure if this is automated or if someone sent it after noticing that there wasn't a photo in my file.

Dear Applicant,

This email is to inform you that your application for admission is incomplete and will be evaluated by the Committee on Admissions when we receive your photo. The deadline for submission of materials is December 15, 2007.

You must mail a passport size photo with your name and SSN written on the back to:

Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Office of Admissions
630 West 168th Street, Box 41
New York, NY 10032

Thank you
Admissions Office

hmm... I didn't get this email, but I got this one yesterday:

Dear Applicant,

This email is to inform you that your application for admission is incomplete and
will be evaluated by the Committee on Admissions when we receive your letters of
recommendation.

The deadline for submission of materials is December 15, 2007.

Thank you
Admissions Office

Members don't see this ad :)
There's no harm in sending again ... are you really attached to 41 cents that you can't spare to do it again?

There's no harm in sending again ... are you really attached to 41 cents that you can't spare to do it again?

hahaha... more like i don't know what the Columbia people will think if they get my stuff twice...

hahaha... more like i don't know what the Columbia people will think if they get my stuff twice...

Better than never getting it at all.

OP, the email you got means they received the photo. I got the same one and I had sent mine certified, so I'm sure they have my photo. I don't think you should worry/need to send again. Hope this helps.