Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center School of Dental and Oral Surgery Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if they waive the processing fee for applicants who qualified for fee assistance through AADSAS?

Update: They have agreed to waive it. I received the first non auto-reply email stating that my AP credits were filed in with my other application materials. Luckily, I was able to contact this person to get my fee waived.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Are there supplemental questions? I didn't think so, but I emailed admissions to make certain and I got nothing back!😟

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an application complete email?

Has anyone received an application complete email?
Yes. It took a while, but I eventually got it. Submitted the first week of June and received the email that they received everything June 30.

Yes. It took a while, but I eventually got it. Submitted the first week of June and received the email that they received everything June 30.
I got the same email at the same time. It looks like it was received but is still under review.

Hey guys, I applied weeks ago..my status on AADSAS still says "None." I emailed the admissions officer but have gotten no response. Anyone else having this issue?

Hey guys, I applied weeks ago..my status on AADSAS still says "None." I emailed the admissions officer but have gotten no response. Anyone else having this issue?
I applied in early June and it took a while, but my status is "Received/Under Review" now. Its nothing to be worried about.

Did you pay the supplemental fee?

I am in the same boat, already paid supplemental
Yes! Had everything done some time ago..good news is I called admissions today. The admissions officer said they're still in the preliminary process so if your still seeing "None," don't worry about it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied around 6/20 but AADSAS still says Received/Under Review and I haven't got any update emails other than when I paid my supplemental fee.

"This email is to notify you that we have received your application from AADSAS. Please note that we will begin reviewing your submission shortly. We will notify you separately if anything is missing from your application. Please do not respond to this email nor contact us for further information. This is the most updated status we have for you at this time."

Interview #5
School: Columbia College of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 8/21
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.73, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/27/30/18/No
Dates available: 9/24
Method of interview: Virtual
Did the email say your name or "Dear Applicant"?

Interview #3
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/8
Application complete date: 6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.58; 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/19/23/No
Dates available: 9/17
Congrats!! I just got an invite too! Did the email say your name or "Dear Applicant"?

Interview #2
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/22
Application complete date: 6/24 (I think)
GPA (science, overall): 3.44; 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/24/30/No
Dates available: 10/8

Does anyone know why I'm scheduled a lot later lol I'm trying not to read into it but I'm just confused considering my mail-out date

Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.68; 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/21/26/No
Dates available: 11/05
Does this mean they have filled all of the pre-december interview slots already?

Does anyone know why I'm scheduled a lot later lol I'm trying not to read into it but I'm just confused considering my mail-out date

Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.68; 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/21/26/No
Dates available: 11/05
My friend got assigned a post-dec date and she applied earlier than me and had better stats. So idk how they did this.

• Wow
Interview #3
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/26/25/20/No
Dates available: 9/24
Congratulations! Do you know if they are sending them at different times throughout the day today?

My friend got assigned a post-dec date and she applied earlier than me and had better stats. So idk how they did this.
I also got a post-Dec 1st date. 28AA and 2.90 GPA, but my application wasn't complete until mid-July. So maybe the "lateness" was the reason. But it seems a little confusing!

Does anyone know how often columbia sends interview invites based on past years?

Interview #2
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: June 1
Application complete date: 7/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.99, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/19/25/No
Dates available: Dec 3
Method of interview: Zoom

Got interview today for December. Anybody know why so late?

My app was also completed in mid July but my date is 9/24 so maybe I am thinking its alphabetical? Cause my last name starts with B.....but then again why would they do that cause wouldn't they want to interview the better applicants towards the beginning? But then again I dont have the *best* stats so idek at this point
I’m 9/17, last name begins with H

Interview #2
Notification date: 08/21
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25
Application complete date: 06/30
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27/21/20/No
Dates available: 11/12

Interview #2
School: Columbia CDM
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Late June
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 22/22/22/21, no
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/29

SO i never received the $75 dollar fee from Columbia but my status says "received/under review" has this happened to anyone?

SO i never received the $75 dollar fee from Columbia but my status says "received/under review" has this happened to anyone?
Yes. It happened to me. Go on the school's website and pay it there cause most likely they will never ask you for it and it might be the reason why your application is not being reviewed.

Yes. It happened to me. Go on the school's website and pay it there cause most likely they will never ask you for it and it might be the reason why your application is not being reviewed.

Oh, that's so stupid, they said my application was complete tho, did that happen to you as well?

Interview #2
AADSAS mail-out date: Sometime in June
Application complete date: Sometime in June
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/28/18/21/No
Dates available: 12/10/21

I'm getting an interview in October with my 3.3/3.4 sci/overall and lower DAT than this person, Columbia has to be holistic lol
That’s amazing! When did you send in the supplemental fee to Columbia and what are your extra curriculurs/shadowing experience if you dont mind me asking!

That’s amazing! When did you send in the supplemental fee to Columbia and what are your extra curriculurs/shadowing experience if you dont mind me asking!
I sent it in at the end of June and I did a lot of research work in college. My shadowing/dental experiences were very hands on, but I didn't have 200+ hours or anything.

Did anyone who only had 2 science faculty letters of recommendation receive an interview?

Didn't they ask for 3? I'm so confused because of them, their supplemental fee payment process, their interview process, and everything is just so confusing.
they did but out of the 4 LOR I submitted to ADADSAS, only 2 of them were from science prof and I somehow still managed to get an interview invite from columbia

Did anyone who only had 2 science faculty letters of recommendation receive an interview?
Yes, and actually 1 of my 2 letters was from my lab PI that I took my senior year as a P/NP academic credit lab class (published a paper with them). That got me in trouble via email chain at another research oriented East Coast School lol, but I have my interview with Columbia in October so they might not care?