Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center School of Dental and Oral Surgery Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back from Columbia yet? It still says "none" on my portal.

I have not heard anything either but mine change to received/under review. I email them to request a fee waiver but they didn't get back to me yet. I guess we just have to play the waiting game.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure yet but I heard if you pay prior, you might have to pay again with no refund after they send out the email. I would just wait.

Got an email on Monday saying they’re reviewing the app for any missing materials. Nothing about payment yet

Where did you see/hear this? I'm worried now lol
Hey sorry I meant that if you pay prior and you pay again after they send the email then they will not refund. I think you are fine if you pay prior but I would just wait for their email about the payments. I called in to Columbia and the admission told me that they will not do anything until august.

Has anyone received the email requesting payment for the supplemental fee?

When did you apply? Do you mind sharing your stats. EDIT: I have only receive this email from them so far.

This email is to notify you that we have received your application from AADSAS. Please note that we will begin reviewing your submission shortly. We will notify you separately if anything is missing from your application.
Please do not respond to this email nor contact us for further information. This is the most updated status we have for you at this time.
Thanks and we will be in touch.
College of Dental Medicine
Admissions Office

When did you apply? Do you mind sharing your stats. EDIT: I have only receive this email from them so far.

This email is to notify you that we have received your application from AADSAS. Please note that we will begin reviewing your submission shortly. We will notify you separately if anything is missing from your application.
Please do not respond to this email nor contact us for further information. This is the most updated status we have for you at this time.
Thanks and we will be in touch.
College of Dental Medicine
Admissions Office
My bad, I thought i was replying in the UPenn dental forum. I received that exact same email as well.

How long did it take for everyone to receive a confirmation and request for payment email after submitting their app? I submitted mine last week and never received anything
I submitted June 1st and have not heard anything from columbia. Radio silence from them

Last year's thread says they got invites around 8/21 so probably won't hear back until then. Just gotta wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted mine and adea still says “none” and haven’t received an email to pay the supplemental application? Anyone else have this ?

you're supposed to pay the supplemental application fee on their website. Apply

note: scroll to bottom, although there are two Application Fee boxes, you only need to fill out one. I used the first one, probably is a web design error.
I forwarded my fap email to Columbia over a month ago to waive the fee and still got nothing back

My status changed this morning. It now says my application has been recieved and is under review. My DAT was not verified until August 11th. (I tested on July 29th).

Interview #2
School: Columbia
Notification date: 8/22
Method of notification: Email
Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Interview #2
Application complete date: 8/16/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/20/19/20 No section below a 17
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/14/22

Did you guys wait for an email to pay supplemental fee? I applied recently and not sure if I should pay it on their website or wait.

Did anyone get an interview invite? I got one but after replying to confirm my interview with the email they gave me, I haven’t heard back

Interview #2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/20/19/20 No section below a 17
Did you get an email with the supplemental fee or did you just pay it?

Did anyone get an interview invite? I got one but after replying to confirm my interview with the email they gave me, I haven’t heard back
Just got confirmation

Last edited:
Interview #2
your app was complete 8/16 and you got an invite that early??? That's impressive.

Do they email you the link to the supplemental application? I haven't received one yet, submitted app and fee two weeks ago

I received an interview invite without having to fill out a supplemental application... I don't think it exists.

Last edited:
Did anyone get an email today to delaying their interview from 830 to 10 am or was that just me?

On Reddit, someone said that Columbia is no longer sending out pre-Dec interviews since all interview slots up until 12/15 have been booked. Could someone confirm?

Did people get an application complete email? I only got an email that my app was recieved!

Did people get an application complete email? I only got an email that my app was recieved!
neither did i. but also no interview for me. aadsas status says "received/under review"

Interview #8
URM
Notification date: 8/22/22
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/07/22
Application complete date: 06/22/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA ,22 TS ,20 PAT, 24 RC
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/7/22

Is it an absolute necessity to have 3 science letters of rec? Has anyone gotten an interview with only 2? Just trying to gauge if I need to secure a third science letter of rec (I already applied, but only with 2)