Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons Email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BruinBear13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else receive that email? Was just wondering how selective that email was because it made me feel happy inside, but I wonder if it's just a mass email sent to anyone and everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I got the same email and was wondering the same thing.

What does said email say? :ninja:

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty much just encouraging you to apply to the school.

Just wondering, BruinBear, would you consider yourself a competitive candidate gpa and MCAT wise? If so then i would think its reasonable to assume that the email was fairly selective.

Just wondering, BruinBear, would you consider yourself a competitive candidate gpa and MCAT wise? If so then i would think its reasonable to assume that the email was fairly selective.

They also sent things like that out earlier in the season, but I don't know if it was selective or not then either. If you're interested in the program, then go ahead and apply. They aren't rolling. :thumbup:

Yeah, but the thing is the also reference how well you did on your MCATs. Which makes me feel like it's not just spam. I guess the best point of action is to just give them a call.

Did you guys sign up for these e-mails when you took the test? They probably
send out e-mails to everyone above a certain score. (I KNOW they do that for the SATs, and I think I've heard someone say they send out e-mails too for MCAT.)

Don't pay it too much attention. If you want to apply, apply. If not, whatever. Just don't think too much about this e-mail; in my opinion, it is probably meaningless.

Columbia is an awesome school, but I swear they are the biggest teases in the world.

They interview a ton of people, and then they waitlist a ton of people.

I got the letter via snail mail instead of email. I already applied there lol. I hadn't heard back yet and thought it was a rejection letter.

I got that letter and email around August. I also got a letter and email from Harvard and a bunch of other schools talking about my MCAT and academic achievements and how I should apply to their school. Some even mentioned waiving the secondary fee.

I figured they sent these things to everyone.

My GPA and MCAT are ok, but I don't think its high enough to warranty getting a selective email. I guess it is just a sort of glorified spam. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy for a second at least lol

My GPA and MCAT are ok, but I don't think its high enough to warranty getting a selective email. I guess it is just a sort of glorified spam. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy for a second at least lol

same here. my scores are on the lower end of the average spectrum.

although I only applied to 12 schools, maybe I should add more before the deadline rolls around...

any thoughts?