Columbia/Cornell/u Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, my impatience has finally gotten the best of me... For people who have interviews at Cornell/Columbia/U Chicago can they please tell me 1) How they received the invite 2) When sumbitted and when notified of complettion. 3) PLEASE DON'T give stats as they are superfluous and irrelevant to me (plus I am sick of seeing "Post STATS please" all over this board ;) --> Reminds me of coffee cups that say "Warning Hot Beverage Inside"...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm right there with ya' on UChic and Cornell. I was thrilled to get Columbia last week, though. I submitted on 7/10, they told me it was complete (e-mail) on 8/3, and I got the invitation on 9/19, although it was both dated and postmarked 9/6 (my school likes to throw invitations into a dark corner for a few weeks before giving them to me in my mail). :) UChic and Cornell I'm really impatient about and can't help but wonder if maybe either of them are being delayed for that same mysterious reason, so I'm interested to see if people also got e-mails? Columbia didn't.

I am in the opposite boat as grasshopper. I have an interview with Cornell, but waiting on Columbia. My AMCAS was submitted 6/26 was verified on Aug 8 (I don't know how I was one of the "chosen) and post-verified (whatever that means) for the first of many times on Aug 27. My Cornell app was complete on Aug. 28 and I received an interview invite on Sept. 5 - quick turn around.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info...

Originally posted by DesperatelySeekingMD:
•I am in the opposite boat as grasshopper. I have an interview with Cornell, but waiting on Columbia. My AMCAS was submitted 6/26 was verified on Aug 8 (I don't know how I was one of the "chosen) and post-verified (whatever that means) for the first of many times on Aug 27. My Cornell app was complete on Aug. 28 and I received an interview invite on Sept. 5 - quick turn around.•

Can you please tell us how you got the Cornell invite? That is, by phone or (e)mail?

Andrew

Hi ajz,

Submitted AMCAS 6/26, verified 7/26, but committee letter not sent until 8/30. I received an e-mail from Cornell telling me that my application was complete on 9/5, and then received an invitation to interview, ALSO through e-mail, on 9/13. I received an "application complete" e-mail from Columbia on 9/12, and then just received my interview invite yesterday (9/26) via snail mail.

Hope this helps!

University of Chicago...

AMCAS submitted-6/24
Verified-9/7
U of C 2ndary submitted-8/16
Confirmation e-mail from U.C. (saying they got all my stuff)- 8/30
Interview invite via e-mail-9/4
Interview-10/2 (coming up soon!!)

Hope this helps. Oh, and just for the record, I like when people post stats, I think it's helpful to have as much info as possible.

Originally posted by ajz:
•Well, my impatience has finally gotten the best of me... For people who have interviews at Cornell/Columbia/U Chicago can they please tell me 1) How they received the invite

Thanks•

I submitted Cornell to Cornell about Aug 21 & received email invitation around Sep 14th. Did not finish Columbia & am on "hold" at Pritzker. Hope this helps.

For Columbia I received notice that my application was complete on 9/7 by email, request for interview by email on 9/12, and snail mail interview into 9/15.

Columbia: submitted 7/5, complete 8/23, interview email invite on 9/6

Cornell: submitted 8/8, complete 9/14 (I had to call and ask them), interview email invite on 9/14

pritzker: submitted amcas 7/8, still not verified, submitted 2ndary 7/31, invited to interview 8/13, interviewed today 9/27, it was awesome... good luck

I am not one of the lucky ones with respect to AMCAS. Submitted: 7/13, still waiting for verification as we near the 11 week mark! :(

The only interview I have received so far is Cornell. I was given the secondary invite on 9/13, completed it the same day. I was told my app was complete on 9/21 and given the invite for an interview on 9/26. Needless to say, I am pretty impressed with their turn around time!

As far as columbia, my application has been complete since 8/22, and I am still waiting. My Pritzker app was complete on 9/19, and I'm not surprised I'm still waiting on that.

** Did anyone else get an "application complete" email from U Chicago that was entitled:

"Pritzerk School of Medicine - Application Complete"

Anyway, I just thought that was hilarious...