This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJ4

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I also interviewed at Harvard for the 17-18 cycle and never ever heard back from Columbia.

We just weren't what they were looking for. Plenty of people get rejected by schools deemed easier for admission but get into schools that are uber-competitive, it happens. Two of my friends in your current class at Harvard also never heard back from columbia.

Sad to think you and I could have almost been classmates. Enjoy Harvard!

Last edited:
You couldn't be bothered to call or send an email to your "dream school" to determine the status of your application?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Columbia cares more about who you are rather than what numbers you have on a piece of paper. Granted, this is once you have sufficient scores to be competitive in the applicant pool they consider sending interview invitations to.

Reactions: 1 users
Columbia cares more about who you are rather than what numbers you have on a piece of paper. Granted, this is once you have sufficient scores to be competitive in the applicant pool they consider sending interview invitations to.

Doesn’t Columbia mainly just care about crazy high DAT scores?

Can you please share your journey to harvard?? Harvard is my dream school!! I already submitted my application to harvard with 3.9 GPA and 23 AA
I really appreciate if you or your classmates can tell any tips for the interviews too! Thank yoj in advance and congrats on your white coat ceremony this week!!

Can you please share your journey to harvard?? Harvard is my dream school!! I already submitted my application to harvard with 3.9 GPA and 23 AA
I really appreciate if you or your classmates can tell any tips for the interviews too! Thank yoj in advance and congrats on your white coat ceremony this week!!

Study, take the DAT, fly to MA, get accepted.

Reactions: 4 users
Please read a post before you post the replies. I already study enough and took DAT.

You asked for a journey to Harvard. That’s what every Harvard student goes through.

Columbia is my dream school.

My DAT score of 23 is right with their average but my GPA is lower than their class average. So I am hoping my extracurriculars set me apart from the pack and I am able to get in.

Reactions: 3 users
@DoctorFerrari @BatedPenguin stats only get you so far. I think you guys will be fine though, wouldn't worry at all.

I have numbers similar/lower to both of you and got invited to harvard but not columbia. DAT-wise you guys have a shot anywhere so make sure the rest of your app is good!

Same I want to go to Columbia as well & my DAT is a 23 & my GPA is also a bit under their average. I think I have good recs & extracurriculars to go alone & help me too. If you don't mind me asking did they ever send you a confirmation email that your application is COMPLETE & under review?
Yup. I got an email two days ago saying that my app was complete and under review so now we wait. Hope to hear from them soon.

while it's great to have "dream schools," you need to keep things in perspective. Why do you want to go to that school? is it the name itself(going to the school solely for the name is silly)? or are you seeking a higher quality/certain quality in your education? also need to think of the tuition

Omg this happened to me too!! I interviewed back in november and even called them a month ago just to ask about my status, and they said to "consider yourself waitlisted" because they "don't officially reject you until everyone shows up for orientation." They already started and I never heard anything... although it seems unprofessional of them to not notify with a formal rejection, I am more than happy with the school I'll be attending this year. Best of luck at Harvard! :)

Did harvard already send out their interview invitation???

I don't like this statement because you're really just taking the opportunity to attack Harvard for no real reason.

I turned down both schools, so I have no skin in the game and am not try to start a war. But from past statistics, Columbia sends offers to about two-thirds of their interviewees, and Harvard sends offers to around 40%. Maybe you can argue that Columbia does extreme vetting of "who the applicants" are on paper before sending interview invites, but they send invites to 4-5x their class size, while Harvard invites 3x their class size. And Harvard has an ever-so-slightly higher applicant to class size ratio.

Lol Ivy League **** measuring contest right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.