Columbia Facilities / Clinic Condition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angelg5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi everyone! Could somebody tell me how the dental clinics at Columbia are? Thank you!

LoF27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
not very nice. Columbia is in the process of building a new medical center lower in Manhatten (near the 116th st. campus) in the next ten years, so they are not investing any money on renovating the existing facilities.

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
not very nice. Columbia is in the process of building a new medical center lower in Manhatten (near the 116th st. campus) in the next ten years, so they are not investing any money on renovating the existing facilities.

is that true? too bad we won't be able to enjoy it....bleh

It's going to take a significant effort to move everything though. The CUMC campus is fairly large (includes student housing and everything)

hgfdsa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the plan is to create a third campus in manhattanville (upper 120's and lower 130's) that will serve mainly for research facilities. There's no plan to move the medical center as far as i know. (i work in a lab at the 168th st campus, and this is what i have heard from the people there)

StarGirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the Jr clinic chairs were just renovated and the Sr clinics were just renovated not too long before that... and plus Sr year you have all your stuff at your own chair and NEVER have to wheel around your stuff (like I've seen at other schools :) )