Columbia financials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nycdds

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
I was just going over the details of the financial statement I received a couple weeks ago. I realized that the amounts of the loans listed are less than the amounts that are actually disbursed. I am using T.H.E. and Access Group for my loans, and Columbia claimed that neither of these had origination fees, yet here it seems like i am losing 3% to T.H.E. and 7% to Access. :mad: Any idea what this is all about? Anyone else having the same problem? Grrr. I hate loans. +pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, the same thing happened to me. I also have T.H.E. as my lender and realized that I didn't receive the full amount on the bill. All you have to do is call the Student and Financial Planning number on the back of the bill and they will straighten that out for you.

Do we have to complete online paperwork for loans? I thought the due date was today, but the financial aid office didn't seem to know about it.

The only thing I know of is the entrance interview. This was explained on a purple sheet of paper sent in one of the packets. It is dated April 19th and says it should have been done no later than today.

"New students who haven't yet registered should go to the following web address: https://www.ais.columbia.edu/cgi-bin/ssv/adol. Do not choose a school or program. Under "Application Tracking and Entrance Interview," fill in your SSN and birth date, and on the next screen, under "Financial Aid," click on "Entrance Interview."

If anyone knows of anything else, please post.

P.S. I called the Office of Financial Planning about the billing statement showing a lower amount than the loans being dispersed. They said that those are anticipated credits and so the billing office assumes there are origination fees. When the loans actually come in, the full amount should be posted if you chose a lender without fees. Woohoo!:clap: