Columbia Interview Dec. 18 (my first interview)...any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eddie17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Columbia interview is this Fri...this will be my first interview and I really want to do well, especially since no one else has invited me for an interview, this may be my only chance... As for preparing, I went on their website, read up about their curriculum, and watched student videos. I also answered like 50 different questions from the 'interview feedback' and looked over my application. So, any advice for an amateur? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You sound very well prepared but you do not want your answers to come off as rehearsed. Btw, you have very nice stats, did you submit your application late? That may be the reason why the other bigger private schools haven't gotten back to you yet.

i was just there this past friday for interview.

don't worry. LITERALLY.

they are very nice people.

you will be doing one on one with one of the faculty member.

this should be around 10 -30 min.

my interviewer actually didn't even ask me questions.

we basically just had a nice conversation.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are very very down-to-earth. Just know your application well. My interviewer asked me about stuff on my application.

Like the others had said... Be calm and don't be nervous and just think about why you want to be a dentist and you should know it by NOW... That's the most important thing... Good luck

good luck!! im waiting for mine soon...i got an interview invite but havent heard back as to when i can go in. How long did it take for them to get back to you with a date?

good luck!! im waiting for mine soon...i got an interview invite but havent heard back as to when i can go in. How long did it take for them to get back to you with a date?

I had to call in and set a date...good luck as well!