Columbia Interview Feedback !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sam1234

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Iam back from my interviews. The interview at columbia was good. It was very laid back. There were in all 11 applicants that day. The day was suppose to start at 9:30 a.m with an overview and curriculum. But, unfortunately the person responsible for giving the overview was busy with something which came up unexpectedly. All the 11 applicants ended up talking to one another and with some dental students who joined us for more than 1 hour. It was fun. Then the interviews started at 10:30 a.m. I had my interview for about 45 min. The director of admissions Ellen Watts told us that getting an interview is the toughest part for columbia school. She said they get about 1600 applications each year and call approx. 200-250 applicants and there are 75 spots. After the interview we had lunch with 3 dental students who were pretty friendly. We had nice lunch. After the lunch one of the faculty members took us around for the tour. During the tour we went to clinics and talked with D-3 And D-4's. I felt the school has strong research fecilities. The tour lasted for about 1-2 hours. After the tour we had financial aid session, which was for about 25 min. Then we all were back on our way home.

Members don't see this ad.