columbia interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benjo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does getting an interview at Columbia mean less than an interview invite at other top 10 schools, because Columbia interviews a larger percentage? Just being paranoid, since that is the only school I've heard from (august mcater).

Members don't see this ad.

Just remember that since Columbia is non AMCAS they have less apps to sift through, so can probably send out invites fast. The other top 10 schools are AMCAS and are right in the thick of dealing with the April MCATers so they will get to the Aug MCATers eventually. Don't worry, I know the feeling, but it's not like Columbia's threshold for interviewing people is THAT low. If you really are curious to see if you'd get a "bite" from other top 10s, I'd suggest adding Michigan to your application. They offer automatic interviews to people with exceptional scores, and the school is great! :) (ofcourse i'm biased now)

An interview at a specific school means that the specific school thinks that you have a strong enough application to bring you to the interview process and that is it! Different schools look for different things in an application.

In most cases though it means that your numbers, LORs, ECs are strong enough for an X number of other schools also.