1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Columbia letter of interest, and who to address...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Zonata, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Zonata

Zonata Member
    7+ Year Member

It's kind of a moot point now, since I sent one off to the adcom a week or 2 ago . I also interviewed with Dr. Frantz early in September and sent him a thank you note so I thought I would address the whole adcom in the interest letter. Would it have been better to send another directly to him?

Would it be a better idea if I sent another interest letter down the road to him directly, even though I interviewed with him and sent him a thank you note professing my undying love for the school already.

Thanks for the input,
    Z

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. alphabeta53

alphabeta53 *** Super *********
    7+ Year Member

Get off your knees, you are blowing the game...

After a while, enough is enough. Have pride in your app and let that carry you through rather than groveling and resorting to being a sycophant;)

4. athena21

athena21 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I dunno, I wouldn't mind groveling to get into columbia....

5. Dr Chooch

Dr Chooch will row for toast
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think what you have done so far is sufficient, judging from what the students say at Columbia. Dr. Frantz obviously wants to accept people that are in love with Columbia, but I think you have reached that point where you just have to wait. I would advise against sending another letter until they give you some feedback about your application (i.e. waitlist or whatever when they send out decisions). I would say then, if the school is still your top choice, send another letter to let him know you are still in love with Columbia.

As to who to address it to...from what I understand, Dr. Frantz himself basically IS the committee in the sense that he handpicks the incoming class, so I think addressing a letter to him or to the "committee" would be doing one and the same thing. I might be cool to address a future letter to him just because you interviewed with him, but I wouldn't worry about the other interest letter you sent, I'm sure it's all good. :)

For now I would just sit back and play the waiting game, and hope things work out. Good luck and congrats on the interview at P&S. :D

6. Zonata

Zonata Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the input Dr. Chooch. I guess it is all a waiting game now. Oh, the endless joy of applying to medschool!