Columbia, NYU, and Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guarino3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm just about finishing up my freshman year at Hopkins, and am starting to think about where I want to spend the 4 years after college. Frankly, I've already had my fill of Baltimore, and want to head back to New York. I was just wondering what kind of stats one would need, generally speaking, for medical schools like Columbia, NYU, and Cornell. I'd really appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks a lot :)

-Mike

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah average applicant on MDapps is always much higher than the real average. That said, it's still tough to get into any of those places. And you can see from the stats of people rejected that those schools reject a lot of people with numbers just as high as the people they accept.

Guarino3 said:
Hey Everyone,

I'm just about finishing up my freshman year at Hopkins, and am starting to think about where I want to spend the 4 years after college. Frankly, I've already had my fill of Baltimore, and want to head back to New York. I was just wondering what kind of stats one would need, generally speaking, for medical schools like Columbia, NYU, and Cornell. I'd really appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks a lot :)

-Mike

You should really consult the MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements) and look at the averages for those schools.

eulogia228 said:
You should really consult the MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements) and look at the averages for those schools.

:clap: For once, a nice objective reply. Good for you! :thumbup:

Thanks all. Anyone else?

Guarino3 said:
Thanks all. Anyone else?

dont' forget mount sinai. acceptance numbers are probably on par with NYU...

el matador said:
dont' forget mount sinai. acceptance numbers are probably on par with NYU...
...or NYMC, SUNY Downstate, Einstein...