Columbia, NYU, or Stony Brook Pre-Dental Post Bacc, which one would you choose and why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJ86

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently considering these post bacc programs to complete science pre-requisites and improve my competitiveness as a dental school applicant. I would like some insight on why one school would be chosen over another!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have zero inside info, but my instinct would either be Columbia for the name or Stony Brook to develop a relationship with a very inexpensive dental school.

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who is completing NYU undergrad as a bio major and chem minor, I will say that the pre-professional advising resources are very helpful. They do a committee letter process if that matters to you. Don't know much about the other two schools, but PM if you have more questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who is completing NYU undergrad as a bio major and chem minor, I will say that the pre-professional advising resources are very helpful. They do a committee letter process if that matters to you. Don't know much about the other two schools, but PM if you have more questions.

Ok will do thank you, and yes a committee letter would be nice, not sure how it matters to those sitting on admissions board but I'm assuming having one would look good on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk