COLUMBIA ONLINE APP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

JimmyD

Does Columbia's primary app NOT have an essay? I'm so excited by this! And I thought this was just another one of those hack Ivy League med schools...boy was I wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

umm. it does have an essay, two actually. though not as long as 5300 characters.

2? What are the two? I know about the motivation question...but where is the other?

huh? motivation?

well i hope i'm doing the right one. copied and pasted directly from the application. 2 are essay format. it's under the program group on the left side.

1. What satisfactions do you expect to receive from your activities as a physician?*

Enter your response in essay format. LIMIT WRITING TO 2484 CHARACTERS.

2. In what collegiate extracurricular activities did you engage?*

Enter your response in list format using commas. LIMIT WRITING TO 759 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.

3. Please list collegiate honors,awards, and memberships in honorary societies*

Enter your response in list format using commas. LIMIT WRITING TO 345 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.

4. About how many hours per week, if any, did you spend in work for which you were recompensed during the college year?*

LIMIT WRITING TO 207 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.

5. What sort of work did you do (include summer employment)?*

Enter your response in list format using commas. LIMIT WRITING TO 1104 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.

6. If your education has been interrupted for any reason, please indicate briefly the reasons, the duration of the interruption and how your time was spent.

Enter your response in essay format. LIMIT WRITING TO 1311 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.