Columbia Online Application

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CaNEM, Jun 13, 2002.

1. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey. Isn't Columbia's online application supposed to be up right now? Does anyone know why it is not and/or when it is going to be available for us to work on it.

WHy can't they just join AMCAS and make this easier! :rolleyes:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kathleeya

kathleeya Member
    7+ Year Member

i called columbia and the app won't be up and running until June 15th.

4. bebe2

bebe2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CaNEM:
    <strong>
    WHy can't they just join AMCAS and make this easier! :rolleyes: </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, they are making it easier for you. It's only 1 application. One fee. That's it. The essay question is not even that difficult.

The big essay question is:
    1)What satisfactions do you expect to receive from your activites as a physician (about 3/4 of a page)

The only slight irritation is that you also have to re-type your classes and extracurricular activities.

Our deadline was October 15,2001.

Bebe
    P.S:
    Here is something you can do, go out and get your passport pictures taken. This application as well as several others (almost all 16 in my case) required a passport size photo. SO get cracking.

5. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks, Bebe. I wish all the applications could ask the same essay!

6. trout

trout Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Actually I was extremely happy by the time I was done they weren't amcas...I submitted my app oct 14 and had an interview invite a week later!!!!

7. jot

jot

ah too bad we can't recycle the ole personal statement. but if it is that short it can't be too bad.
    -jot